Trial Discussion Thread #54 - 14.13.10, Day 43 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice how Masipa scrutinized the report that was read out by Maringa today in great detail and interest. She even sat more upright in her chair and leaned forward as he was saying how he recommended that OP should do 16 hours of community service. What a disgrace!!!!

After today, I am sad to say that I have lost all hope of OP getting any kind of meaningful sentence.
The writing is on the wall that he will walk with a slap on the wrist.

I also have a bad feeling that somehow Nel will be prevented from appealing. I hope I am wrong about that.

Its just that I have lost all confidence at this point. All the signs are showing that OP was given preferential treatment from this court. Something fishy went on with this case. Whether it was the judge siding with OP because she had similar leg/walking issues or if it went futher than that and someone from OP side managed to pursuade her decisions.

Whatever it was caused the court to ignore common sense in deciding this trial. It is a travesty.

At this point, I hope the Steenkamps can get some civil money at least in civil court. It is all that is left to try for.

Oscar's "future" - probably a great idea to move to Mozambique. LOL

He might have more of a chance of staying alive.

He was messed up before the murder - he’s even worse now.

He’s now a convicted killer, a social pariah.

Worse, he’s at the financial mercy and under the thumb of Uncle Arnie. Don’t you know that burns his ego? You tend to resent those who have iron control over you. Now humiliated OP is a frustrated control freak with zero control. Time bomb comes to mind.

Who are his “friends” now? The likes of controversial tough guy, tow-truck baron Craig Lipschitz, ex-con Kenny Kunene and bouncer-killer Guil Yahav.
Does anyone believe that “rehabilitation” will come from hanging around such low lifes?

Friends, career, income, status, home - GONE.

The most dangerous man on earth is one who has nothing else to lose - a bitter man who blames everyone around him for his losses.
He’s clearly self-destructive as well as destructive of those around him.

Oscar cannot control himself - that’s exactly why he’s where he is today.

He’ll likely ditch Dr. Hartzenberg as soon as this trial’s over.

He'll ditch everyone and everything that reminds him of Reeva and this trial.

(Talk with Reeva's parents? Ain't never gonna happen. He's a coward who couldn't even look Nel in the eye.)

He’ll be desperate to recapture as much of his old lifestyle as he can.

He may avoid prison but it will not end well for him.

Oscar himself will guarantee it.

Just a matter of time.

:goodpost:

You're right. We just have to have patience - something which Oscar does not have.

Catching up here...

In my view, Masipa had a legal duty to correct social worker Maringa, put the true finding of the court to Maringa (that OP intentionally fired the shots) and ask if he withdraws his recommendation.

I hope she did and I'm glad she didn't. More to appeal.

Alex Crawford just said on Sky News that the NPA indicated there will be a written impact statement from Reeva's family.

She also said re: Masipa, and I quote:

"I have to say on one of the rare interviews that Judge Masipa gave, she indicated some time ago, this was long before she took on this case - she indicated how reluctant she was... to send young criminals in Soweto to jail, because she felt that was corrupting them further, not giving them any hope, and she was very much of the understanding, or the feeling, that they should be given a chance of reforming. So if that's an indication of how she thinks about this case, then I think we can see where it's going".

So, between Masipa and the holistic-sentencing assessor, there is no chance in hell OP is going to jail. I'm not sure how she could apply 'prison corrupting them further' to OP though, who came from a hugely privileged and wealthy background, and was still corrupt. How could prison corrupt him further? Perhaps it might humble him to live by other people's rules for once, and not his own. It wouldn't hurt to rein him in for a while. So, a judge who doesn't believe in jailing young criminals, and an assessor who believes in the least possible sentence! The clan certainly struck lucky with those two.

I am re watching session 1 today. At the time 7:09 the expert is
Talking about her areas of expertise, She says sexual abuse and rape as the lady
assessor is listening she looks in Nels direction and then at expert then accesor put her finger under her right eye
And the expert stops talking. Did anyone else notice this? I had the feeling the expert is being assisted by the
Assessor.

Just completed viewing today's session. I know I saw and heard it with my own eyes and ears but still cannot believe the course this sentencing is taking. What a deplorable sham! Someone up-post mentioned Twilight Zone.....exactly what I feel.

600844390_a1666d57e4.jpg

Olympic and Paralympic track star Oscar Pistorius is greeted by a supporter after the first day of his sentencing hearing at the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria, October 13, 2014. REUTERS/Marco Longari/Pool (SOUTH AFRICA - Tags: SPORT ATHLETICS CRIME LAW)

Mind you, this is in the courtroom. This pic gives me the creeps. :notgood:

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/oscar-pistorius-sentencing-hearing-day-1-1413216988-slideshow/

Talking about her areas of expertise, She says sexual abuse and rape as the lady
accesor is listening she looks in Nels direction and then at expert then accesor put her finger under her right eye
And the expert stops talking. Did anyone else notice this? I had the feeling the expert is being assisted by the
Accesor
BIB - I couldn't bring myself to watch this farce, but nothing would surprise me at all.

Judge Masipa and her assessors will forever be known as every South African womans nightmare.

600844390_a1666d57e4.jpg

Olympic and Paralympic track star Oscar Pistorius is greeted by a supporter after the first day of his sentencing hearing at the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria, October 13, 2014. REUTERS/Marco Longari/Pool (SOUTH AFRICA - Tags: SPORT ATHLETICS CRIME LAW)

Mind you, this is in the courtroom. This pic gives me the creeps. :notgood:

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/oscar-pistorius-sentencing-hearing-day-1-1413216988-slideshow/
Better hope she's not a noisy sleeper.

From the Guardian blog:

From South Africa, AFP is reporting that if Oscar Pistorius is given a sentence of house arrest, it may cause resentment:

A non-custodial sentence would be likely to spark public anger, fuelling a perception among black South Africans that, 20 years after the end of apartheid, wealthy whites can still secure preferential justice.

The verdict wasn't enough?

accesor is listening she looks in Nels direction and then at expert then accesor put her finger under her right eye
Accesor.

Oh my goodness. I see exactly what you mean.

On this link below, you can see it shortly after 24:50 time. WOW.
I think you are correct. There needs to be an investigation. A serious one.
It sure looks like a signal to me.
It happens at almost exactly 25:25 but its best if you watch starting from 24:50, so you can see it happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gooucl7jB64

REALLY?

Anyone care to join me in encouraging them to do JUST THAT?

University of Strathclyde

Mailing address
16 Richmond Street
Glasgow G1 1XQ
Scotland, United Kingdom

Telephone
+44 (0)141 552 4400

Hours
Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm

http://www.strath.ac.uk/contact/[/U...ave public support behind them for an appeal.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/oscar-pistorius-returns-to-court-for-sentencing-1413185613?mod=e2tw

When I opened this picture to see a close up of OP's expression going into to court for his Sentencing I noticed he has a little hairpiece in front. I guess broken men need to make a statement on their looks on such a serious day. This broken man is beyond pale. Can't wait for Nel to bring it on and remind the court of OP's true colors.

By Jove, you may be right! I would never have noticed it.

If true ...more fodder for humiliation.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/oscar-pistorius-returns-to-court-for-sentencing-1413185613?mod=e2tw

When I opened this picture to see a close up of OP's expression going into to court for his Sentencing I noticed he has a little hairpiece in front. I guess broken men need to make a statement on their looks on such a serious day. This broken man is beyond pale. Can't wait for Nel to bring it on and remind the court of OP's true colors.

By Jove, you may be right! I would never have noticed it.

If true ...more fodder for humiliation.

Even his hair is a lie!

No worries, dear sleuthers, take heart.

Justice clearly does not exist in this courtroom, but it’s waiting for him outside. :scale:

Oscar can’t see it but it’s everywhere ... waiting.

He WILL self-destruct. Just a matter of how and when.

With the trial over, with nothing else to lose and no one to hold him in check (Uncle Arnie & Co.) his self-destructive tendencies will abruptly shift into the fast lane.

Chances are excellent that it will be much more spectacular than prison (and very likely ‘permanent’).

Make no mistake - society will guarantee he never enjoys his freedom.

Seriously, this is the worst that could befall a ‘god’ - worshipers turn their backs and walk away, his name stricken from the hymnals, erased from monuments, forever CURSED.

The ultimate punishment for such a man whose drug is adulation; his very being will disintegrate.

The entire world will be his prison - truly a life sentence.

I seriously believe OP could have withstood prison better than what’s headed his way. Prison at least would have offered him the ultimate “competitive” challenge, eventually, some hope for parole, some tiny sliver of 'respect' for paying his debt.

Being set free into a world that once adored him and now despises him will silently break him, crush his will - he can never fight it, never conquer it.

So, open the courtroom doors. :sunshine:

Justice comes in many guises.

Oscar Pistorius will be his own life sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DariaFedorova