Trial Discussion Thread #55 - 14.14.10, Day 44 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel's asking for website she used. She's going to try and find it. Go for it sleuthers, try and find it for her. Stats on overcrowding in SA prisons!

We're in Dixon territory now:

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 36s 36 seconds ago
#OscarTrial and the next quote and figures about overcrowding, Vergeer says "I got it from the internet…” BB

LOL all we need now is Nel to ask "and how did you find this website" and the reply by AV "I used my fingers as my instruments

We're in Dixon territory now:

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 36s 36 seconds ago
#OscarTrial and the next quote and figures about overcrowding, Vergeer says "I got it from the internet…” BB

Well, if it's on the internet it must be true.

*heavy sarcasm*

LOL all we need now is Nel to ask "and how did you find this website" and the reply by AV "I used my fingers as my instruments

And then offer to show him her notes that are 'all nicely typed'. Shame that these jokes of witnesses never seem to have had the least impact on the judge in terms of showing, in a broad picture way, just how weak this defence really has been. I hope Nel pushes her until she has some complete meltdown.

Nel saying the stats she used for overcrowding were not correct as she talking about awaiting trial.

Witness goes off and answers what she wants again, something about therapy.

I believe she could benefit from career development and some sensitivity training. MOO

I tell you what though, if Pistorius is sentenced to community work and working with children, he will absolutely hate every minute of it .. because it will not be the way he used to work with children, i.e. him being high profile, with sponsorships from big corporations, etc, etc .. he only ever liked doing it because of all the glory and hero-worshipping that came with it .. he won't be able to cope with a small, low-key involvement .. it will drive him round the bend! I really do not think it would be a good idea if he were in the company of children while he is in that kind of mental state. Seriously. Someone's going to get hurt.

from this expert witness, and to back up her sentencing, i am thinking that masipa will be mentioning:
cement floors.
no baths.
overcrowding.
dangers to paraplegics within the prison community.

I wonder if Nel will return with the supposed fact in the report that "he accepts he was negligent". This fact simply cannot be true, as her own evidence confirms (OP only told her he 'respects' the court's finding - he made no mention of accepting it or putting a new version to her.)

The clear conclusion must be that this witness does not understand the crime of negligence/culpable homicide. She says OP has accepted he was negligent because he accepts it was his hands which fired the shots and caused the death. This is merely accepting the obvious, that it was an unlawful killing of an innocent person. A negligent killing is a different thing entirely.

If Reeva had been a rhinoceros, Oscar Pistorius would have long been in prison because it seems that South African law cares more about animals than humans

I tell you what though, if Pistorius is sentenced to community work and working with children, he will absolutely hate every minute of it .. because it will not be the way he used to work with children, i.e. him being high profile, with sponsorships from big corporations, etc, etc .. he only ever liked doing it because of all the glory and hero-worshipping that came with it .. he won't be able to cope with a small, low-key involvement .. it will drive him round the bend! I really do not think it would be a good idea if he were in the company of children while he is in that kind of mental state. Seriously. Someone's going to get hurt.

children, bless them, can also cut through all the cr@p, and are likely to come up with difficult questions like: 'are you that guy that murdered your girlfriend?'

As the court empties for lunch, #OscarPistorius remains hunched over in the dock, his head in his hands.

— Nastasya Tay (@NastasyaTay

Poor Reeva's cousin Kim broke down during that session. I think she's finally realised that Pistorius isn't going to jail.

O/T Dewani trial postponed until Monday. PT member has chickenpox.

Did AV say that Pistorius is or could pay the Steenkamps a monthly sum?

From news24:

AV: OP has made a monthly payment to the Steenkamps and offered to pay more.

Reporter Nastasya Tay says she has received confirmation that Pistorius wants to set up a fund to financially support the Steenkamps.

#OscarPistorius' agent tells me he's been managing the "significant" monthly payments to the Steenkamps, since March 2013.

I've just re enrolled my eldest children in nippers (surf lifesaving). Any parent who wants to help out and get involved needs to have a "Blue Card" or Police Clearance. Any person working with children in childcare etc needs to have the same. The DT are deluded if they think OP will be welcomed by those children's parents.

It's nice to see Nel back in action, shame it's pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay