Trial Discussion Thread #58 - 14.17.10, Day 47 ~ sentencing~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Nel manages to connect OP's 'remorse on tap' where he has the ability to turn it on and off whenever it suits him.

"The money could be used for the good of the community" so now they are recommending how the Steenkamps should use it?

Why not just give it back to the killer and let him give it to charity if he so wishes !!

Websleuths absolutely crawling for me today too. No Oscar Radio again either and due to Sky News' continual ad breaks I can only be thankful for enca.com!

Nel doing very well so far - flowing, strong and emotional!
It's crawling for me too. Maybe a lot of people are viewing.

Nel's voice broke when he talked of how a parent would feel about losing a child. Genuine emotion from Nel. Something I never saw from the convicted killer. He's also making a good point that OP's concern about not being able to make money should not be a factor in sentencing.

Nel understands mercy. He knows the court will, as far as possible, be merciful. We have a privileged person in the top 100 in the world. His manager said OP could have earned millions, now he can't. That can't be an argument. He caused it himself.

N: Seriousness of crime, interests of society, of victim, far outweigh the interests of accused....he was priviliged. Called his manager and said 'I could have been a millionaire if this didn't happen'.....But he did itto himself...

Great point. Nel just said that the house arrest suggested for OP is what Nel does every day: go home, leave to go to doctors, or shopping etc.

Nel should have pointed out Reeva could also have made millions but she'll never get that chance.

Nel is speaking for 'everyone' -- straightforward and common sense

Nel says community service is 'shockingly disproportionate' in the case...'I'm in the NPA. I know it's appropriate in some cases, but not this one.Not this one.....society may take the law into its hands, may lose faith in the law...

He quotes case where mother saw man who killed her son like an animal saw him go free outside.

N: Seriousness of crime, interests of society, of victim, far outweigh the interests of accused....he was priviliged. Called his manager and said 'I could have been a millionaire if this didn't happen'.....But he did itto himself...

His 'privileged' status is what bothers me when they utilize Social Workers. I believed that Social Workers were trained to advocate on behalf of the underprivileged and socially disadvantaged members of a society? What then are they doing advocating for OP in a professional capacity? Confusing standards here IMO.

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 · 4 Min. Vor 4 Minuten

#oscartrial Nel sketches how correctional supervision is 'shockingly disproportionate' to what Pistorius has done.
0 Antworten

Older post, trying again -

Nel's now playing to Masipa obvious weakness now for emotive displays of ‘remorse’. Vorster, Lortzenburg etc. proved he was genuinely highly emotional.

Nel spent a long time on the money that Steenkamp accepted. He tries to characterise the money “offered”, to a “financially destitute family”, and most importantly the exact time a larger amount by the accused was given - between judgement and sentence - as opportunistic by Pistorius to sway sentencing.

Nel suggests that it could have been given after the sentencing but by the timing and the ‘silencing’ he sees it as trying to buy justice.

Especially in regard to the stipulation alleged that Pistorius gave the money on a ‘confidiential’ stipulation.

Nel says repeatedly that makes him “sad” that the money was an issue, that it was used against a relatively struggling couple - it almost makes it seems that he had no idea there was an agreement between the Steenkamps and Pistorius.

OP is breathing hard. And so he should. Cold-blooded Killer Oscar Pistorious.

N: I'll try not to be too emotional but what can be worse than being at home and hearing your child has died a violent death?...The deceased did NOTHING...She's dead now but she is innocent, she did nothing.

Goes on to describe the bullets hitting Reeva and how she did nothing to cause it, not touching the door, coming out, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissBets