Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this Jaynie Meadows is probably the best witness the state has had. Yes I think this one was different...I mean look at her and look at him...he probably could not believe this girl was interested in him (just being honest). But she was drifting away ...yes she would return but they drift again and I think Ross thought his plot as the ultimate escape from his life...then after a bit of rough patch where he would get sympathy from everyone he would continue with this beautiful girl and go on his way. I don't think anyone can rule it out. Did you see his demeanor change when she came in the courtroom? I think it was pretty intense with those 2 and Leanna probably found out. Not sure you can prove anything here and not sure where t his leaves the jury but this girl was different.

I did watch his demeanor when she was on the stand. He looked angry, imo. Not betrayed angry, more like a -- I can't believe you're saying this frikking carp kind of anger, an opinion bolstered by the fact of how often he chose to speak/whisper what I imagine where corrections for the truth to his attorneys.

I'm curious if LH's testimony will change at all after hearing/seeing the details of all his other gals. That's assuming she's following along, and that she wasn't already privy to all the details.

She is under a court order and instructions from counsel that she cannot watch others' testimony, read news or talk to people about the trial. The reason for this is so that witnesses such as Leanna will not modify their upcoming testimony based on what other witnesses have said.

I'm sure she knows all of it any way - I am pretty sure the state would fill her in when they were trying to get her to testify against Ross.

re: Meadows, I am curious what the time frame of "recently" found items that she gave the State from her computer? I find it interesting when people save certain messages. Especially one from 9/25/13.

It was said to be unreadable so she wrote what it said. She had to put it in context.

I wonder if she has been watching this live stream too. She appeared to be maybe medicated. She must have been different because Kilgore asked her if she was mad at him. She said no.

JMHO, all these ladies, (we do not know about the one that was still underage and no coverage on her) but not only is there a pattern of RH but all these ladies did the same. It appears they had posted first and he replied to one of their comments or images posted. They all sent him body parts too. All said were sexual (that why they are witnesses here) but they all have said that RH loved Cooper. They all spoke about sex, they all consensual communications for a length of time. Unless I missed something having to refresh. << and today I have to go back because that happened couple times today.

JMHO so are these ladies been put where they are so that the Jury will have a mental thought about RH prior to hearing anything from Stoddar and other LEO?
Surly there is more computer/phone stuff. Using the scheduling as an excuse (a valid one to a point since they are out of town) but I think it also a mental thing too. JMHO

Maybe they won't call Stoddard.

In the whole scheme of things, does it matter if there was a call or b=not, if she was mistaken or not, if it was on another app or not? I don't think the jury will care much one way or another. The main point was that he told this woman who he was very emotionally connected with, that he wanted to leave his unhappy marriage---but could not because of Cooper. I think that is the main takeaway from her testimony.

I don't think the State was trying to say that she was the absolute motive and he was going to leave his wife to be with Jaynie. I think she was more of a symbol---an example of what he wanted out of life. And Cooper was preventing that new life.

He told Meadows something to that effect, his precise words being a bit in dispute, but the silliness of that is he told her that in 2013, not in June 2014, or even May 2014.

What he told her in 2014 was that he and Leanna were doing better, and at no time did he ever tell her he felt held back by Cooper or resentful of him.

Respectfully, some of us actually understand her faith and still find it odd that she volunteered the information, unasked, at his funeral, that she wouldn't bring him back.

Why not just leave it at "I miss him with all my heart."? Still aligns with her faith, yes?

What many found more odd was this section, where she mentions how happy she is her dead son won't experience, well.....life:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/06/30/georgia-toddler-hot-car-cooper-harris-leanna-funeral

Respectfully, there is no right or wrong here. There are some who understand her religion, and still find the words of the mother odd, even in context of her religion. That's all!

To me those comments from her sound like she is maybe suicidal. In any event, it's easy to understand how she could be completely "out of her mind" at that time.

She fell in love with him. She was mad too. If you listen to her voice and tone. She didn't realize I don't think what Kilgore could ask. They were all admitted into evidence and there nothing the State could do about it.

JMHO it seemed like a friendship to me. He was getting other, other places. But I do think Kilgore was right, she was mad when she found out he was sexting other women. *but she did have a boyfriend she was living with* ** and she kept looking at him and you could tell she was very uncomfortable.

It's obvious she sent RH plenty of angry texts or whatever. Even Boring was forced to acknowledge those nasty grams and to try to normalize them, one suspects because of their volume, nastiness/manipulations, and the inconvenient fact her anger at RH supplies a reason why she was so willing to cooperate and testify. (Unlike his friend Alex, for example, who flat out refused to cooperate with the State).

RSBM
RBBM

That's disgusting behavior on Kilgore's part.

It would be awesome if attorneys and witnesses were all motivated to simply unveil the "truth" about what happened - but it ain't so. It's Kilgore's professional duty and responsibility to impeach witnesses who are sympathetic to the state. He did it without being hostile or aggressive, and as a result, the jury received additional information that put her testimony in better context.

That is not disgusting behavior IMO. The state is the one trying to cobble together a theory of motive from a gazillion witnesses, many of whom have little information and/or have credibility problems.

In my mind, it would be disgusting for the prosecution to launch a PR blitz with false information in hopes of getting a conviction of murder that is not supported by evidence.

The attorney that went through all those texts really messed up by not just picking a select set of them. He included so many that he lost the jury on their importance IMO.

He should have just picked the ones and a few leading up to them to hammer home the points he wanted to make.

He really messed up IMO.

By the time the important ones came up nobody had a clue they were important and the jury probably didnt even care by then.

On top of that he showed the jury he did not prepare. He made so many mistakes.

I think he did that very deliberately and for strategic purposes. The texts really weren't important - I believe her reaction to them is what Kilgore was trying to elicit.

The puppy.

Why did Kilgore think what she told RH about the puppy was relevant? She told RH she couldn't leave her BF because they had just brought home a new puppy, and she was afraid her BF would kill it if she left.

Leaving aside the obvious, that she could simple take the puppy with her when she left, this is the same woman who told RH that his concern about harming a CHILD was not a good enough reason for staying in a MARRIAGE.

I'm beginning to wonder.

If I were in the state's position, I would avoid calling him if possible - it seems they are trying to get their info in through other witnesses.

If they don't call him, you can bet that the defense will make a big production to the jury about why the state failed to call their lead investigator.

Well, to me, 18 is still a baby. Especially when they are in romantic relationships with much older men. I don't think she was impeached, necessarily. She thought they spoke every day, but I assume she meant when they were not fighting. That is how 18 yr olds think, imo.

He asked 'are you mad at me' to throw her off and rattle her a bit. And he did. And there really was no need to discuss her medical or mental health issues. She is not on trial, she is a witness.

Yes, he was supportive. He had someone he could talk to. It was an emotional connection. They expressed love for each other. She was not his sexual connection. She was the beautiful young thing that he wished he was dating, imo. His wife was boring and cold compared to the emotional excitement of a hot young redhead. She kept coming back to him because he kept reaching out to her.

Point being, overly emotional 18 year old jilted/jealous "lovers" don't make for very reliable witnesses.

I don't think he wished he were dating her for even a nano-second. His whole deal was to get sexual attention from as many females as possible, without the shackles of responsibility or commitment. He liked chatting with her and the sexual banter.

I would like to stop for a second and give a BIG group hug to the women who testified yesterday. :grouphug:

It's only illegal to send pics of dicks and hoo-ha's to children.

Like Ross did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incorrect. A child who sends sexual pictures of him/herself to others can be charged/convicted of distributing child *advertiser censored* in some states.

Bizarre, but true.

She is under a court order and instructions from counsel that she cannot watch others' testimony, read news or talk to people about the trial. The reason for this is so that witnesses such as Leanna will not modify their upcoming testimony based on what other witnesses have said.

I'm sure she knows all of it any way - I am pretty sure the state would fill her in when they were trying to get her to testify against Ross.

A couple of the women testified that Ross told them he'd been caught by the wife and had to lay low for a while, too. So she already knew before Cooper's death that Ross was unfaithful. She probably didn't know the full extent of it, though!

I personally don't think he was alive then. If he was he was passed out. But then again RH was only there a few seconds,

The State is trying to have it both ways:

They've implied Cooper was dead a long time because rigor was present and an alleged strong "death" smell.

On the other hand, through their heat expert, they're trying to make the point that Cooper was alive until close to the time of his discovery.

She shakes her head gently looking towards the State Attorneys (Kilgore is reading) and she mouthed "please stop" start at 20:00 mark

[video=youtube;-w4C-hv7s6E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w4C-hv7s6E[/video]

Meadows grew increasingly impatient with the prolonged questioning, often glaring at the defense attorney. At one point, she looked toward the courtroom gallery, shook her head and mouthed, &#8220;Please stop.&#8221; But no one could help her, and Kilgore continued on.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/ross-...-part-key-things-know/DXQWfygKkO1kQB1c7QoEnI/

Meadows grew increasingly impatient with the prolonged questioning, often glaring at the defense attorney. At one point, she looked toward the courtroom gallery, shook her head and mouthed, &#8220;Please stop.&#8221; But no one could help her, and Kilgore continued on.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/ross-...-part-key-things-know/DXQWfygKkO1kQB1c7QoEnI/

there were some new faces in the gallery yesterday sitting behind the state and smiling at her...could have been her mother?

Point being, overly emotional 18 year old jilted/jealous "lovers" don't make for very reliable witnesses.

I don't think he wished he were dating her for even a nano-second. His whole deal was to get sexual attention from as many females as possible, without the shackles of responsibility or commitment. He liked chatting with her and the sexual banter.

They never even hooked up. The whole thing was an online fantasy, nothing more. In real life, is it really believable Ross was interested in trading marriage with the ever tolerant Leanna where he had his cake and was also snacking his way through a bakery too, with Meadows, who got pissy even when he told her he couldn't talk to her at work because he was busy (lol!!)?

there were some new faces in the gallery yesterday sitting behind the state and smiling at her...could have been her mother?

That's the impression I got. A woman from the gallery stood up and walked out of the courtroom with her when she was done testifying. She probably wasn't thrilled that her mom also found out that she gave a guy $1k for drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024