Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
kitkat2409: State: Records show the highest temp reached in Harris' car on day Cooper died was 92 degrees. #fox5atl #RossHarris #HotCarDeath

Hard time believing that :thinking:

Car was not in any sunlight until 10:00. At 10:00 the sun reaches the front of the car. From 11:30 until 1:00 it was in and out of sun.From 1:00 until I think he said 2:00 the car was in direct sunlight. (Not sure on that second time.) They ran the a/c and rove the car to reach full operating temp. They set a/c setting the same the car had on 6/18. They began recording temps at 9:00 am. The temp inside the car was 65 degrees. The temp inside the vehicle matched the outside vehicle at 11:35, which was 88 degrees outside the car and at the car seat. At 12:45 , external temp was 88 degrees and car seat was 98 degrees. The interior rose to above 100 degree shortly before 1:00 PM.

Now looking at graph

kitkat2409: State: Records show the highest temp reached in Harris' car on day Cooper died was 92 degrees. #fox5atl #RossHarris #HotCarDeath

Hard time believing that :thinking:

It's what every weather site said, so I think it's legit. You can also search for msm articles, they state the same.

Brani says the temperatures inside and outside the car matched up around 11:35 a.m. at 88 degrees. At around 12:45, about the time Harris returned to his car after lunch, Brani says the temperature at the car seat was 98 degrees. He says the temperature in the car rose above 100 degrees shortly before 1 p.m.

Brani says when testing began, the temperature inside the car was 65 degrees and outside was 80 degrees because the air conditioning had been running.

Brani says around 3:30 p.m., the temperature reached 125 degrees.

It's what every weather site said, so I think it's legit. You can also search for msm articles, they state the same.

I mean inside the car. I know it gets HOT here and humid. Just seems gets hot in cars. Even with cloth seats.

There were three gauges put on the car seat to monitor the temperature throughout the day. He also had video running and took photos of the scene periodically. The prosecution is showing some of those photos of Harris’ car sitting in the Home Depot parking lot.

The highest temperature on June 18, 2014 – the day Cooper died – was 92 degrees. On July 8, 2014, the day Brani tested Harris’ SUV, the hottest it got was 91 degrees.

At 9 a.m. on June 18 it was 78.8 degrees, compared with 80 degrees on the day of testing. By 1 p.m. on both the day of Cooper’s death and the day of testing it was 88 degrees. The temperature shortly after 1 p.m. jumped from 88 to 91 degrees on the day of testing, Brani noted.

The day Brani was testing, the SUV was shaded by trees until about 10 a.m. Later in the morning, it was in and out of sun as clouds moved in and out. And in the afternoon it was often in direct sunlight.

Brani began recording temperatures at 9 a.m. He ran the air conditioning for about 30 minutes as he drove the vehicle then parked it at 8:22 a.m.

At 9 a.m., it was 65 degrees inside the car around the car seat, compared with 80 degrees outside. By 11:35 a.m. both the car seat and outside the car the temperature was 88 degrees.

Around 12:45 a.m., it was 98 degrees at the car seat. The first time the temperature rose above 100 degrees was shortly before 1 p.m.

Brani is explaining to the jury a graph that shows the temperatures around the car seat throughout the day. At just before 9:30 a.m., the car began to get hotter than the outside temperature. Around 12:50, it was 98 degrees inside the car.

At the peak, it was 125 degrees around the car seat at 3:30 p.m. At 4:15 p.m. – that’s around the time Harris would have gotten back in the car to leave work – it was just over 120 degrees.

View attachment 103339

This is from the Autopsy Report :thinking:

There is going to be a several degree swing, depending on what resource they use for getting the temp. Also, in the city, where the temps are recorded can have several degrees difference. Typically, weather high temps are averaged against each other across a city. One part of the city could be 94, part 91, another part 92, etc. Those are averaged. The city average can also be a few degrees higher, because national weather service is typically taken in the shade. All those are averaged to find the high temp.

Does that make any sense?

Here we go trying.. Same rule that they used on Gallimore Police Officer report .. now they are going to Proffer :thinking:

I mean inside the car. I know it gets HOT here and humid. Just seems gets hot in cars. Even with cloth seats.

Oh, I misunderstood. Sorry. If it was in almost complete shade until 1:00, (with some sun on the front at 11:00) it makes sense to raise more slowly. It seemed to raise pretty rapidly once it was in more full sun.

Which makes me think: Did RH not leave a window or two cracked? Did he normally leave a window or two cracked? I've lived in various parts of the south, and during the hotter months, we have always left windows cracked.

Also: Most folks are aware that it gets mighty hot inside a car in the south during that time of year. One reason people crack their windows is to avoid the interior getting so hot that it cracks the windshield. Would someone who had lived in the south not know this and, therefore, avoid leaving light bulbs in a hot car? I would think those bulbs would have been much safer in the office with RH than in a hot car subject to bust them. This makes the trip to the car to drop off the bulbs even odder to me.

There is going to be a several degree swing, depending on what resource they use for getting the temp. Also, in the city, where the temps are recorded can have several degrees difference. Typically, weather high temps are averaged against each other across a city. One part of the city could be 94, part 91, another part 92, etc. Those are averaged. The city average can also be a few degrees higher, because national weather service is typically taken in the shade. All those are averaged to find the high temp.

Does that make any sense?

Yes it does. And on the ss, I was just posting if to show what doc said.

Thanks for your assistance!

The defense is now cross examining Brani.

The measurements he conducted doesn’t include how the temperature feels to a human, the defense said. No, Brani replied. Also, he did not record humidity inside the vehicle.

Which makes me think: Did RH not leave a window or two cracked? Did he normally leave a window or two cracked? I've lived in various parts of the south, and during the hotter months, we have always left windows cracked.

Also: Most folks are aware that it gets mighty hot inside a car in the south during that time of year. One reason people crack their windows is to avoid the interior getting so hot that it cracks the windshield. Would someone who had lived in the south not know this and, therefore, avoid leaving light bulbs in a hot car? I would think those bulbs would have been much safer in the office with RH than in a hot car subject to bust them. This makes the trip to the car to drop off the bulbs even odder to me.

There has been no testimony that the windows were cracked, that I can remember. I imagine if they had been, the temperature recordings would have been taken with the windows cracked. Otherwise, the recreation would be way too suspect. IMO

I've lived in the south my whole life, never cracked a window. It's an issue of I don't want my car broken into easily.

I know a friend that use to work at a new car lot and I always wondered about the heat. He said they left the vent on to let air circulate. I dont know how it would work now days. I dont think I would want to leave windows cracked anymore. And why RH did anything lol I have no idea, just following the testimony and what evid presented.

Would heavy breathing affect the inside temperature of a vehicle? the defense asked. Brani said he couldn’t answer that because he tested a vehicle that did not have a human in it.

The lead detective in the case, Phil Stoddard, was on scene the day Brani conducted the testing on Harris' car.

Brani said he put in about $24,000 worth of work. His hourly rate is $295. Brani said he spent a couple hours researching in advance then overall on the case hours that added up to at least several days work.

Years ago we always cracked our windows but since times have changed with car thefts we never leave a window cracked. You are correct it is extremely hot in a car in the South with the windows rolled up. However, I have lived in the South my entire life and have never heard of a windshield cracking due to heat. This is the first time I have heard that comment made. Maybe in Florida or Arizona since the temps in those areas can get extremely hot?

Brani says he had not completed hot car testing like this before so he did lots of background research before and after completing the testing.

OH they put something on the rear view mirror. 7/8/2014. I wonder how this will do on the 3D video? And the car seat was messed with multiple times. :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay