TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised he killed that many people in the church. Nobody was carrying in there? :(. (Or maybe they were shot before they could respond).

I believe churches are private property and they can decide no carry, concealed carry or open carry. He fired rounds from the outside so even being armed wouldn’t allow you to see the target to engage.

So, Good Gun Guy killed the Bad Gun Guy. How will the gun control arguments be supported this time?!

Bad Gun Guy was Regular Bland White Guy up until that moment and they get guns super easy. Hmm, what could prevent this kind of thing? I wonder. PSST It's not "more Good Gun Guys", that's for sure.

Sometimes I am ashamed to live in this country.

This is absolutely heartbreaking. What a brave neighbour indeed. Did anyone else hear that the suspect had more guns in his car?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-church-scene-shooting-sunday-report/story?id=50945596

The shooter allegedly fled the scene in a vehicle and was later found dead in the vehicle in Guadalupe County, according to the sheriff and the Department of Public Safety. It's not yet clear if he died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound or if he was shot by another person, officials said at a press conference this afternoon at Stockdale City Hall, near the church.

I'm surprised he killed that many people in the church. Nobody was carrying in there? :(. (Or maybe they were shot before they could respond).

I'm betting people were carrying. I think the only way you could stop something like this when you're the target is if you expect to be the target and are sitting there waiting with your hand on the trigger behind a pew or whatever. Otherwise, you're sitting there praying, standing there singing or concentrating on the pastor, and in bursts some psycho with a semi-automatic. You;re either hit and down immediately, or dropping down to cover your family and protect them and yourself. Typically there is no time or opportunity.

The man outside had the benefit of witnessing what was happening while NOT being the target. So he was able to think and then react.

Why does LE scrub Facebook pages in situations like this? Is it to protect the killer's contacts/family?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't know that anyone is laughing, but I do agree that we look absolutely pathetic in this way!

You're right about that. We look pathetic the way we cuddle our guns close to our chests like they're childhood teddy bears, throwing absolute fits at the idea of them being taken away from us.

Not sure--maybe he had more than one? I can tell you for sure the one I was on before is gone and it had a gun for a profile pic. The atheist part is from his likes. He has a bunch of atheist groups/pages liked.
Odd. He also taught a Bible class in 2013.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/tre...land-springs-baptist-church-shooter/640338396
According to authorities and other media outlets, Kelley :

• Was a white male, 26-years-old
  • Was found dead in a crashed car a brief chase following the shooting
  • Was believed to be the only shooter
  • Was dressed in all black
  • Fired outside the church, then went into the church and continued to fire; a resident near the church began firing at Kelley, then chased him in his car
  • Lived outside of San Antonio, Texas. San Antonio is 35 miles from Sutherland Springs.
  • Showed off an AR-15 rifle on Facebook recently
  • Served in the military in “cargo, demand and supply and distribution.” Was dishonorably discharged.
  • Is believed to have taught a Bible study
According to the San Antonio Express News, law enforcement is searching Kelley’s home for explosives.

The attack came on the anniversary of the a mass shooting that took 13 lives at Fort Hood, Texas. On Nov. 5, 2009, U.S. Army Maj. Nidal Hasan, shot at least 43 people in the deadliest mass shooting on an American military base. Fort Hood is near Killeen, Texas, which is a little more than 150 miles from Sutherland Springs.

Bad Gun Guy was Regular Bland White Guy up until that moment and they get guns super easy. Hmm, what could prevent this kind of thing? I wonder. PSST It's not "more Good Gun Guys", that's for sure.

No, the talk is always how to react and respond, but never how to prevent. Even one of the talking heads today (I was watching the local station and MSNBC) said a good guy with a gun might prevent more deaths, but it doesn't stop the shooter.

This is our reality, imo, and it's like living in an area that gets a lot of tornadoes. You can prepare, limit the damage, survive and recover, but stopping the tornado is never an option.

So essentially, another confused whack job.

Wow. That guy has some incredible courage. He heard a massacre occurring and instead of hiding in his house and just calling LE, he went OUTSIDE to try to stop the guy? Holy smokes.

If you ever wondered why the saying "don't mess with Texas" was a thing... now you know. My hat is off to this guy.

Why does LE scrub Facebook pages in situations like this? Is it to protect the killer's contacts/family?

I wondered if it was to preserve the evidence and then stop the next psycho from being inspired. Something on there might be the trigger for the next one.

If you ever wondered why the saying "don't mess with Texas" was a thing... now you know. My hat is off to this guy.

They are definitely a different breed in that state. Some super tough, sober-minded people from what I've seen.

As a Canadian, I can only shake my head in sympathy. Americans are not safe in their own country, whether in the theatre, a mall, a night club, a concert or in church. So many people there are like this guy, a gun nut with assault weapons. Their laws and culture encourage it. I'll bet you Texans will be running to buy more guns and ammunition tomorrow. Canadians will be e-mailing Prime Minister Trudeau and our Members of Parliament to hurry up and tighten our already tough gun laws. Guess who is safer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn