TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Millions of people post pictures of their guns on FB. How are we ever supposed to know when it's different?
I'm a gun owner, and personally I find it strange when people start posting pics of their guns like this. I've deleted people for it because it makes me uncomfortable. There's a difference in the way some people post, like it's some bad *advertiser censored* thing, as opposed to posting about hunting or something like that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm shaken. I know it's cold, but mass shootings don't normally effect me. The music video at the service was so joyful & innocent. Then pure evil.

I'm hearing he was a Christian and a military veteran who opened fire in a church where he might have known people.

Yeah I don’t understand why we have to identify the killer as one way or another. He’s a f;$;$ing murdering . Period.

OMG STOP with the gun law talk. This is not the place.

Seriously!! Wow. Can you imagine? That's true bravery and selflessness. I mean he risked his neck to stop this coward. I think I would be hiding in a bedroom under the bed or something, with my family.

Wow. So no police shootout? Wow.
From what I read the man had a 2 year old and the guy shot at his house.
I'd go after him with my gun if my husband didn't!
Especially in a town like I live where help is 20 mins away!!!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm a gun owner, and personally I find it strange when people start posting pics of their guns like this. I've deleted people for it because it makes me uncomfortable. There's a difference in the way some people post, like it's some bad *advertiser censored* thing, as opposed to posting about hunting or something like that.

Agree. We aren’t hunters but we have guns for protection. I would be that person though who was caught outside my home with no protection as I don’t carry when away. Just have them at home in case someone breaks in. [emoji853]

OMG STOP with the gun law talk. This is not the place.

No. Sorry. We IMMEDIATELY call for political action after a terrorist attack and that's fine. But something like this happens and it's "not the time or place" to talk about it? That needs to end now.

I know a lot of people who post pictures of their guns like this. And I assume and hope they're not all going to turn into mass shooters. It's no different from people posting pictures of their cars or other gear to them. Which is what I mean about how can we know when it's crossed a line when so many people do it? Without seeing the rest of his Facebook I would say one picture and caption isn't enough to set off alarm bells for me.

Bad Gun Guy was Regular Bland White Guy up until that moment and they get guns super easy. Hmm, what could prevent this kind of thing? I wonder. PSST It's not "more Good Gun Guys", that's for sure.

Um...a good guy, law abiding gun holding neighbor stopped him otherwise it could have been worse.

I'm hearing he was a Christian and a military veteran who opened fire in a church where he might have known people.

I read he was court martialed in May 2014, receiving a dishonorable discharge. He is NO veteran.

IMOO.

How many people died in the church?
So far about 1/2 of them it seems. The radio said they posted YouTube videos of all their services.
That is one video I don't care to see!

Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You're right about that. We look pathetic the way we cuddle our guns close to our chests like they're childhood teddy bears, throwing absolute fits at the idea of them being taken away from us.

I think we look pathetic in the way we can't control our rage and lash out in horrific ways.

No. Sorry. We IMMEDIATELY call for political action after a terrorist attack and that's fine. But something like this happens and it's "not the time or place" to talk about it? That needs to end now.
Then I respectfully ask that you go do it on a political site. This topic is about the facts of the massacre.

And, thank you so much for your service.

My family is not in the area but I have friends all over. Still waiting on word of who was there. The shooter was killed by the road to a friends house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad your family is safe! Please keep us updated on your friends! How scary, hope everything turns out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kat1970