TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunman in full combat gear.
[video=twitter;927274147578867714]https://twitter.com/DailyMail/status/927274147578867714[/video]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CNN - 27 deceased, more than 24 injured. I read earlier that the Sunday morning service is usually attended by 50 people. That would mean that the gunman shot at everyone!!! Why???

I can't help but think that in a town so small, many of the first responders may have had loved ones in the church.

Wearing "tactical gear", initially fled in vehicle, fled on foot after crashing vehicle, killed by police.

Witnesses say the shooter entered the church at about 11:30 am local time and began firing, with some reporting he reloaded at least once, per KSAT and the Daily Mail. He reportedly entered the church wearing tactical gear and fled the scene after the shooting.

Police say the shooter is dead and no longer an active threat. After fleeing the church, a witness told the Daily Mail that he led police on a short pursuit, crashed his vehicle, attempted to flee on foot, and was “taken down” by police.

http://rare.us/rare-news/crime-and-...reported-at-baptist-church-shooting-in-texas/

At least one toddler is among the dead, which some reports are saying is 27 victims.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5052163/Up-27-shot-Texas-church-gunman-opens-fire.html

That's not being reported on British news channels yet.

I wonder, given the small population in the area whether some of the people in church were his own relatives.
My first thought!
MOO
Name not released yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Call me cynical, but I have literally been waiting (with dread) for this to happen. Can't believe it took this long, frankly :(. :(.

This isn't the first shooting in a church. Dylan Roof was recent.
Though this might be the highest casualty count.

MSNBC reporting shooter is NOT from the area

No doubt the shooter (if local) knew most of them, the emergency crews know most of them...
This one will be especially brutal on them for that reason.

How can this town ever recover from what this monster has done?

Not only has he taken the lives of so many people in the community, but he did it in the place where the people of the town would gather together to seek comfort and worship.

This makes me FURIOUS.

I wish the media would ignore these shooters. They want to die ; they want to take as many with them as possible and they want to go out with a bang of fame. Make it stop. Stop giving them media attention. This one killed the most. NO this one killed the most. It is like it is a contest.

This isn't the first shooting in a church. Dylan Roof was recent.
Though this might be the highest casualty count.

I was talking specifically about a Sunday morning worship service, though :(.

I'm sure glad he didn't pick a larger congregation.
Sounds like he had better aim than most of these guys do.

I think maybe because it was a smaller and more confined area than a school or a mall. If they were all in one room and packed in pews they had nowhere to go.

This is so sad. Cannot even imagine how the families feel.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

[FONT=&quot]Site of today’s [/FONT]shooting[FONT=&quot], First Baptist [/FONT]Church[FONT=&quot] of [/FONT]Sutherland[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Springs[FONT=&quot],has a YouTube channel, records services. [/FONT]Shooting[FONT=&quot] likely recorded.

[/FONT]
https://twitter.com/search?q=SHOOTING+SUTHERLAND+SPRINGS+CHURCH&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Enews%7Ctwgr%5Esearch
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I wonder why he targeted them then?

Seems an obscure place to choose.

If these people want to kill someone so damn much, they could just kill themselves and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper