TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if his wife and children are ok? Hearing chatter elsewhere that they aren't (and that the mother in law may have also died in the church).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sorry ya’ll I’m stuck on this first world country thing. I was digging around and China isn’t a first world country? Don’t they have the second best economy behind the US? This has me so co fused.

I think first-world is defined my many factors, such as education levels, literacy, health, expected lifespan, death rate, infant mortality, opportunity for upward mobility, standard of living, etc. I don't feel like researching it, but I think there is a quite a list of factors that determine the label "first world."

A bit of a tangent to this case, perhaps....

jmopinion

Does anyone know if his wife and children are ok? Hearing chatter elsewhere that they aren't (and that the mother in law may have also died in the church).

I haven't heard/read anything about them, but I am concerned.

If you find a suitable source, link it, of course!

jmo

Don't know :(. Answers seem to be very slow to come.

His wife is FB friends with a girl who has the last name as the pastor of that church. His wife's FB says she lives in Sutherland Springs TX and is from there. News media reports his MIL has a P.O. box there.

Okay then. My speculation. Abusive husband tries to isolate wife from friends and family as abusive partners do.

But wife escaped with support from friends, family, and church.

Abusive husband decides to isolate her permanently from some of her pillars of support.

/Speculation only based on sketchy and unconfirmed details

I've been checking on friends and so far no one I know personally has been injured. One of my friends said that the pastor is her neighbor. And another friend said that his friend had died. This is so sad and scary! It could have been my town. I live in Guadalupe county and I'm thinking he probably drove really close to my house to get to Sutherland Springs from New Braunfels. By the way New Braunfels is a city not a suburb of San Antonio like I have seen reported in some articles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry ya’ll I’m stuck on this first world country thing. I was digging around and China isn’t a first world country? Don’t they have the second best economy behind the US? This has me so co fused.

The whole first, second, third world thing got started during the cold war. It ended up at the time being that the US and capitalistic societies were the First World, the Soviet Union and communistic societies were the Second World, and everything else was Third World.

With him wearing tactical gear, my mind raced to the Missy Bevers case. Both done in Texas, too, in a church.

IMOO.

Oh my gosh!!

But I’m pretty sure with a **dishonorable discharge** you do not get Veterans benefits or priority of service.

Really one wouldn’t even want to list their military service on their resume or job application for instance if you’ve been **dishonorably discharged**. It is that significant.

True i think. But that's what the term means.

You wanna' know something? The opposing party on a case of mine fractured his two month old baby's head and cracked her ribs in another attack earlier. (Mom didn't know until the head fracture and X-rays found the healing rib fractures). He was dishonorably discharged due to other crimes - thefts of barracks and other soldiers, possession of other soldier's meds, etc. His crazy mother proudly posts photos of him in uniform on FB as people thank him for his service! He's a child abuser and was dishonorably discharged. Drives me batty!!

I've been checking on friends and so far no one I know personally has been injured. One of my friends said that the pastor is her neighbor. And another friend said that his friend had died. This is so sad and scary! It could have been my town. I live in Guadalupe county and I'm thinking he probably drove really close to my house to get to Sutherland Springs from New Braunfels. By the way New Braunfels is a city not a suburb of San Antonio like I have seen reported in some articles.

Thank you for the update. I think a lot of people on here have been thinking about you.

The whole first, second, third world thing got started during the cold war. It ended up at the time being that the US and capitalistic societies were the First World, the Soviet Union and communistic societies were the Second World, and everything else was Third World.

Oddly, I was just wondering this morning where these designations came from and who was the Second World. Thanks.

Maybe for you, but not for all gun owners. And my point is that it's okay - if the guns are legal and the owner is excited about getting a new gun there isn't an issue. So if you know people who post pictures of their new guns with funny captions how do you know the person is about to snap? I've known my nephew his entire life and when he posts a picture of a new gun I don't freak out or worry that he's going to go shoot up a church.

You wouldn't be able to get pink guns if people didn't want to show them off the same way they show off cars or bikes or guitars.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/category.cfm/sportsman/guns-of-color-pistols-pink

I have also known my nephew his entire life. In fact I was there at the hospital the day he was born. I have never known him to be careless with any gun. He has taken numerous gun safety courses and owned so many guns I used to joke that his house was a little gun show.

He recently bought an AR 15 at a gun shop. At this particular gun shop you can go in back and test fire the gun before you buy it. He went back, loaded the gun with a few bullets, test fired it, then took it to the front and bought it. He put the gun in his car and drove to his parents home to show them. They were sitting on their front porch which is made of concrete. My nephew had the rifle pointed toward the ground, went to pull back the eject lever, hit the trigger instead. The gun fired, the bullet hit the concrete porch and ricocheted missing his mothers head by inches and hitting the wall of the house behind her.

My nephew sold every gun he had the next day. His house is now a gun free zone.

BBM

According to this article he and his wife lived in Sutherland Springs TX. His wife was from there.

http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/breaking-news/danielle-lee-shields-devin-kelleys-wife/

https://www.facebook.com/danielle.shields.587

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/devin-...therland-springs-first-baptist-church-latest/

Officials say the suspect lived in a San Antonio suburb and doesn't appear to be linked to any organized terrorist groups. CBS News has learned Kelley has a wife named Danielle Lee Shields.
That's her old profile. Her new one has the kids in it.

I think it’s going to be about the killer being a misfit, immature prankster, unable to hold down a job to support his family (which could have caused him some angst from his mother in law), and low self esteem turned into anger. He’s someone who has not succeeded at anything in life thus far but needs to blame anyone & anything but himself.

I think the killer was blaming the church where his mother in law (&current wife) attended because he didn’t like their influence on his life. He couldn’t deal with the pressure of being a productive family man and citizen. I think mother in law (& maybe the wife) wanted and expected him to be a man & not some teen-like boy playing video games in the basement all day.

I think the killer has made a life out of excuses on why he has failed over and over again while the truth was readily apparent to everyone. Shouldn’t he get a trophy just for showing up? Of course we all know that’s not how to achieve your dreams.

All moo.

With him wearing tactical gear, my mind raced to the Missy Bevers case. Both done in Texas, too, in a church.

IMOO.

Was my first thought when I read he may have been wearing tactical gear. I know Missy wasn't shot but dang it's only three hours away

No link since it's on the TV but MSNBC just said he was court-martialed in 2012 for assault on his wife and assault on his child and received a bad conduct discharge.

Okay, so that would mean once while he was in the AF, it ended, and he remarried after getting out.

I think it will end up being something like that. I wonder if his wife was planning to leave or had recently left him and he blamed someone else. Maybe his wife had an ex who attended that church? Just speculating. I know when we find out what happened it probably won't make sense anyway.
He married Danielle in 2014 according to one of the articles posted, and according to her most recent FB profile.

Okay then. My speculation. Abusive husband tries to isolate wife from friends and family as abusive partners do.

But wife escaped with support from friends, family, and church.

Abusive husband decides to isolate her permanently from some of her pillars of support.

/Speculation only based on sketchy and unconfirmed details
I'm not sure she escaped. I'm eagerly waiting for information on her and the kids.

But I'm betting his discharge had something to do with violence.

No link since it's on the TV but MSNBC just said he was court-martialed in 2012 for assault on his wife and assault on his child and received a bad conduct discharge.

So far my theory (around post #506 as posts are being deleted) is standing up.

I don't say this to brag. Without any examples straight to hand, it seems to me a lot of these kinds of incidents have a DV component.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024