TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO these folks are not all that concerned if it is legal or illegal to have anything ... just not a concern ....anyone can get what they want here

(This is my question...if we were to outlaw guns like in Australia, wouldn't people just get them via the internet?)

Snipped

Speaking of delusional...
Earlier I mentioned an acquaintance on Facebook who posted all kinds of tactical gear. I blocked him for awhile. He also lives in a town of 600. After some weird behavior (angry with the town over a non issue, calling the cops on people over a flag, veiled threats to anyone who tried to approach the situation rationally, etc.), I went to his profile to see what his deal was. I clicked on his public photos of weapons and tactical gear, and looked at the comments. One comment was like, "Um, why? What are you going to do with all that stuff?" His response was that he was ready for Al Qaeda.

No one bothered to comment after that. I suspect his friends were creeped out by his thinking. Because who needs to be ready for Al Qaeda in a village of 600 in the middle of the heartland?

As to your comment about him possibly thinking religious people are after him, I keep thinking that it's not religious people per se, but this particular congregation . I don't think they were after him, but I do suspect he saw them as partly culpable in the end of his marriage if they acted as a support system for his wife and helped give her the courage to leave him, supported her decision.

Obviously MO.

I believe there are often signs that someone may snap, and the church members perhaps recognized this and attempted to save her from him.

But like the guy I mentioned above, even though it will absolutely not surprise me if he ends up killing someone someday, there isn't a thing anyone can do about it right now to my knowledge. At the moment, he's just a creepy local guy who seems melodramatic and likes guns a lot. Can't lock him up for that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Please please please send his profile link to the FBI. They can at least monitor him. (Or you can pm me and I'll send it over).

(This is my question...if we were to outlaw guns like in Australia, wouldn't people just get them via the internet?)

We visited Havana, Cuba in 2015 and learned that guns are outlawed in that country also. Oh, but our rights!!!

Yes, but there are giant loopholes in the laws. Any crazy person or criminal in the US has no difficulty purchasing as many deadly guns as they wish. We just don't take this problem seriously.

Many years ago my Sister was diagnosed Schizophrenic and my Mother and I constantly worried about a gun that my Brother in Law kept in the house. It was HIS responsibility to keep the gun away from her, we were not considered next of kin so we had no legal recourse, we lived in constant fear for her and her children. Fast forward, the Office Manager where I worked had been institutionalized numerous times for BiPolar disorder and yet, her husband had no problem buying two automatic weapons. I have no idea if they are kept under lock and key and away from her. It's the family members that should be monitoring the mentally ill, but sadly, there are too many people who are in denial and many of the mentally ill have no family to look after them. And even when you have concerned family, its slippery slope with HIPPA Law's, it's very difficult to get proper help for your mentally ill young adult child.

They will never outlaw guns in the United States. never ever ever.

Sure they could and if they got caught with the weapons or used them, then we could have a death penalty as punishment. That was easy.

Sure they could and if they got caught with the weapons or used them, then we could have a death penalty as punishment. That was easy.

I have an AR-15 and I've only posted it once on FB, to a private military group where I showed my bolt lock. When asked by people why I need an AR-15 this is what I tell them:

1. The AR-15 is the closest civilian rifle that operates and resembles the M-16, which I am highly trained on.
2. I live within 10 miles of four Federal Prisons, two of which are maximum security and the worst military offenders are here like Nidal Hassan.
3. Fort Leavenworth might as well have an attack here sign on it, for reasons I won't go into.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Right. My point was that this guy is also acting nutty, attacking town members on Facebook, calling the police about a misunderstanding over a flag, veiled threats, paranoia, etc. My point is that even when you can see red flags when you take all of this into account, not much can be done about it. I'm sure local LE has this guy's number, since he has called them for ridiculous and paranoid things. But he's committed no crime yet.

So sad. [emoji853] They have erected a"fence".
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155040178900823&id=43279570822
0832eacb44cc377b8b15ae48addd6969.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The problem isn't buying guns per se illegally online as much as it is the parts. The Santa Monica College shooter (I saw American Shooter Documentary on this Saturday) bought parts that are not illegal to own, even though you are not legally able to own a fire arm. He made what they call a "Ghost Gun" You can buy a receiver, not illegal, and with simple tools modify it to become a weapon and then all you need is the rest of the parts, which again are not illegal to own on their own. That makes it very difficult to regulate.

Snipped...

the Office Manager where I worked had been institutionalized numerous times for BiPolar disorder and yet, her husband had no problem buying two automatic weapons. .

Automatic weapons are ILLEGAL. There are a very limited number of automatic weapons owned legally and registered that were grandfathered in before the ban. There is a huge difference between a semi-automatic and fully automatic weapon. IF he truly has two fully automatic weapons that aren't grandfathered in, then you should report him to ATF and the FBI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The part that makes me wonder is his atheism and his bible study teaching at some point. Is that accurate? One of those is not accurate OR he had a huge change of heart OR he was pretending to be one or the other and not really committed to it. I'm not at all implying atheists are angry and want to kill Christians and I'm very sorry if it seemed that way. This particular person just seems in a religious conflict swinging from one extreme to another and I'm trying to figure out why that may be. I would trade some of my family members for some of my atheist friends if I could. Sure hope I did not come across as bashing on anyone.
It seems the Bible school teaching was after 1st divorce and either prior to or near the beginning of marriage 2. I have wondered if this was a way to impress or get close to wife #2 if she was religious.

They will never outlaw guns in the United States. never ever ever.

Agreed. Nope. They wont. It will never happen. Moo.
(And if one enters my home and messes with my family, prepare to be shot.)

The problem isn't buying guns per se illegally online as much as it is the parts. The Santa Monica College shooter (I saw American Shooter Documentary on this Saturday) bought parts that are not illegal to own, even though you are not legally able to own a fire arm. He made what they call a "Ghost Gun" You can buy a receiver, not illegal, and with simple tools modify it to become a weapon and then all you need is the rest of the parts, which again are not illegal to own on their own. That makes it very difficult to regulate.

Indeed.

This guy had it all
dv, animal abuse..
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rid_collaborative_1_na&utm_term=.0085b8586599

In August of the same year, he was charged with a misdemeanor count of mistreatment, neglect or cruelty to animals in El Paso County, Colo., where he lived at one point, records show. The case was eventually dismissed, although the details and circumstances surrounding the charge weren’t immediately clear.

Neighbors told local media that Kelley lived in a barn in back of the 3,700-square-foot home with his current wife and 2-year-old son. They said the family had lived there for more than a decade.

Other neighbors told KENS 5 that they would sometimes see couches, bicycles, lawn mowers and other household items along the street in front of the property, placed there as if they were free for the taking.

. The Los Angeles Times reported that in recent months Kelley had started adding strangers from the Sutherland Springs area as Facebook friends and picking fights with them.

We should start taking DV and animal cruelty more seriously they are RED FLAGS. They shouldn't be ignored by society or given a pass anymore.

"REVEALED: Texas shooter targeted the church where his second wife's family worshipped, before shooting himself in the head after fleeing"
"The attack only stopped when Kelley was confronted by local hero Stephen Willeford, 55, who shot him through a gap in his body armor as the gunman tried to leave the church. Kelley fled in his car, where he proceeded to commit suicide by shooting himself in the head"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5054531/amp/Shooter-targeted-church-ex-s-laws-worshiped.html

It seems the Bible school teaching was after 1st divorce and either prior to or near the beginning of marriage 2. I have wondered if this was a way to impress or get close to wife #2 if she was religious.

I wondered about that myself. He volunteered. The atheists I have known know the bible from front to back. I don't believe he was ever religious.

"REVEALED: Texas shooter targeted the church where his second wife's family worshipped, before shooting himself in the head after fleeing"
"The attack only stopped when Kelley was confronted by local hero Stephen Willeford, 55, who shot him through a gap in his body armor as the gunman tried to leave the church. Kelley fled in his car, where he proceeded to commit suicide by shooting himself in the head"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5054531/amp/Shooter-targeted-church-ex-s-laws-worshiped.html

He had multiple weapons in his vehicle. Imo, he wasn't through with his murderous crime spree. The only reason he did not go on to use the other weapons in his vehicle against more innocent people is he was stopped by Mr. Willeford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj