TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Federal law prohibits a person who has been dishonorably discharged from buying a firearm. Whether Kelley's discharge would trigger the law was not immediately clear.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/was...s-shooter-was-court-1509937194-htmlstory.html

Sounds as though what's needed is a federal database of persons prohibited from acquiring firearms, and maybe the data should be viewable by anyone, including private sellers, so that anyone selling a firearm to a prohibited person becomes a party to anything done with that weapon.

Sounds as though what's needed is a federal database of persons prohibited from acquiring firearms, and maybe the data should be viewable by anyone, including private sellers, so that anyone selling a firearm to a prohibited person becomes a party to anything done with that weapon.

Sounds like an easy safeguard. It would t stop all of this but maybe some.

Doable and dumb.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

and then there is the internet

high schools

the streets

craigslist

theft

gun store break in

taking from neighbor

in us of a

someone wants a gun they are getting a gun no matter what statue FD-4574 C says

moo

@CBSNews
3 firearms recovered; suspect did not have a license to carry.

I wonder if MIL stayed home from church because of the threatening texts?? I'm sure it never, ever occurred to her that he would be violent to others at the church.

Thinking aloud here, SPECULATING, I don't know why she wasn't at church - could certainly just be luck.

jmo
We don't know who the MIL is do we?
MOO

I wonder if MIL stayed home from church because of the threatening texts?? I'm sure it never, ever occurred to her that he would be violent to others at the church.

Thinking aloud here, SPECULATING, I don't know why she wasn't at church - could certainly just be luck.

jmo

I thought one of the reporters asked if MIL reported texts to LE and they didn't comment. I could be wrong. Did anyone else hear that question?

May that never ever be publicized or described. I can only imagine the sick feeling LE feels when viewing it.
The church recorded all their services on Sunday and posted them to YouTube. My guess is someone was recording when all this happened... [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Sounds like an easy safeguard. It would t stop all of this but maybe some.

along with that kinda thing goes a stigma that those suffering with mental illness are violent-- which is not the reality

We need old days public service announcements educating the public about behaviors that are more likely to indicate potential problmes

will never happen tho money

back in the old days networks were required by law to air a certain percentage of public service ads ( the eggs your brains on drugs seatbelts smoking etc were all via that law

back then the public airwaves were well public they belonged to us

Ot same as with politics if ABC gave politician X 4 min they had to give the opposing politician 4 min of airtime the good ole days .......

What are we doing to ourselves? We have allowed God and prayer to be thrown out of our school.

MOO

I wanted to respond to this particular statement. God and prayer have not ever been thrown out of school. The ANNOUNCEMENT of praying is the only thing that has been removed. You can still pray all you want during school.

And yet nations with similar cultures to ours don't have these issues.

I doubt any country outside of places like Yemen or Afghanistan has a gun culture like the US has.

That's the difference. It's about gun culture.

Who Is Devin Kelley, the Texas Church Shooter?
by Tim Stelloh, Caitlin Fichtel and Tracy Connor

The gunman who turned a Texas church into a shooting gallery had a turbulent past, including a court-martial from the Air Force for assaulting his first wife and child — and a habit of harassing ex-girlfriends.

"He was very sick in the head," Katy Landry, a former girlfriend of Devin Patrick Kelley, told NBC News.

Kelley, 26, arrived at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs on Sunday ready for war, wearing black tactical gear and a ballistics vest and toting what authorities described as an "assault-type rifle." He opened fire, killing 26 people, at least a dozen of them children...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/t...n-kelley-alleged-texas-church-shooter-n817806

Doable and dumb.
Moo

I was very surprised when I learned that is how it worked. I assumed any one selling a gun to another was committing a crime. Not so.
There will be years and years and probably lifetimes of PTSD to go around for many in this church and this town. :(

Kelley -- dressed entirely in black and "wearing a face mask with a white skull on it," according to Texas Department of Public Safety's regional director Freeman Martin -- burst into the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas on Sunday and killed at least 26 people, one as young as 18-months old.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/06/texas-church-shooting-who-is-gunman-devin-patrick-kelley.html

One student said Kelley used to tell her about issues with his dad, while another said they watched Kelley verbally abuse his parents.

Brittany Adcock, a 22-year-old who told NBC News that she dated Kelley for two months when she was 13 and he was 18, said Kelley would constantly call her after she broke off the relationship.

"He would offer me money to hang out with him quite a bit. There has been one point that I called the police because he was just calling me so much I wanted to report harassment," Adcock told the network. "One time he told me I should move in with him and his wife and that he would take care of me as long as I walked around topless."

Possibly raised in an overtly religious possibly abusive family. Suffered mental illness.

I think it will become known he was probably catered to and coddled by his family while growing up. I read that one of his high school friends said he was abusive to his parents.

Yup. We have no real proof that he even liked the atheist pages since his profile was taken down. That information may have come from the same kind of people who claimed he was antifa. What we do know is that he did teach Bible school.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I saw his "likes" on screengrabs early on. He had three atheist groups that were in there. As I stated earlier, this does not necessarily make him an atheist. I've got an atheist friend who follows a Catholic priest and a couple of other Christian sites (this person is not a troll either).

I wanted to respond to this particular statement. God and prayer have not ever been thrown out of school. The ANNOUNCEMENT of praying is the only thing that has been removed. You can still pray all you want during school.

That's true. And people pray out loud and silently in schools daily. Forcing people to pray with a daily, principal or teacher-led prayer doesn't stop this.

I bet we find he came from a family that believes in God and went to church. This is not about religion except that it can show how a church community can love one another "directly" as the pastor's wife described, how they can support one another and be supported throughout this horror.

Northern Michigan couple killed in Texas church shooting
Robert and Shani Corrigan, of Harrison, among victims

DETROIT - A couple from northern Michigan are among the victims of a mass shooting Sunday in Texas.*

Robert and Shani Corrigan, of Harrison, Mich. in Clare County, were among the victims, ClickOnDetroit has learned.

Renee Haley, who is the director of Veterans' Services in Clare County, said the Corrigans both were Harrison High School graduates and Robert was an Air Force retiree.*

They leave behind two sons who are on active military duty, Haley said...*

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...chigan-couple-killed-in-texas-church-shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member