Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find it particularly odd that Rusty was worried early on. This couple seems to have a consistent morning routine. I'm sure Alan had made it clear that he would be back around 6AM to prepare for the conference call. Yet when he wasn't home by 6:15....then 6:30...or by 6:45, Rusty knew something had to be wrong. It feels like this conference call was important which may have been what caused Rusty to assume the worst.
Not much has been shared about this call and I wonder if Alan was troubled over it or dreading it.
I don’t find it odd either. Usually if someone has something to do with a spouse disappearing, they wait until quite a bit later (but not TOO much later if they’re smart) before they report the person missing. Their guilty mind is trying to stick to what “normal” looks like. So I would have expected Rusty to tell police, “He had a Zoom call at 7 and when he wasn’t home at 7, I just figured that he got behind schedule and pulled over and had to do the Zoom on the phone in his car somewhere. And I didn’t start to get worried until 9 because by that time I figured the Zoom call should be over even if it ran over, and he should be home by then.” Something along those lines.

But what you don’t see, in my opinion, is the guilty spouse fake-panicking instantaneously with the murder they are orchestrating. That would be dumb. Not that criminals don’t do dumb things, but still.

<modsnip>
Unless I’m missing something at the link, there really isn’t an obituary. What you see there looks like something the funeral home put up, with date of birth and date of death. There is no mention yet of ANY family, not just Rusty. Maybe they’re still working on a personal obit?

ETA: This is entirely speculation. Maybe they decided to forego having a personal obit. If they are a conservative family with some members disapproving of Alan’s homosexuality (again, just speculating, I don’t know if that’s the case), then skipping an obit would be a way to side-step the “land mine” of mentioning Alan having a husband.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet when he wasn't home by 6:15....then 6:30...or by 6:45, Rusty knew something had to be wrong.

Yes, but why.? Rusty freaking out, going out to find Alan himself and then calling the police because he was less than an hour late home is concerning.

Alan is a grown adult. Didn't Rusty think, oh, maybe he's gone to get breakfast, got groceries, taken another important call on his way back, spent longer at the gym, gone for a swim....??
There are a multitude of things that Alan could have done that caused him to be a bit late.

<modsnip - not victim/family friendly>

MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but why.? Rusty freaking out, going out to find Alan himself and then calling the police because he was less than an hour late home is concerning.

Alan is a grown adult. Didn't Rusty think, oh, maybe he's gone to get breakfast, got groceries, taken another important call on his way back, spent longer at the gym, gone for a swim....??
There are a multitude of things that Alan could have done that caused him to be a bit late.

MOO.
Yeah, the quick, very high-level of concern seemed odd to me. But then I checked out the images of their home on zillow. The image of the walk-in closet in particular suggests a very tightly run household. Different strokes for different folks. Was in someone's home not long ago - they had rabbits living freely in the house - like cats. That would be tough to clean up after, and these folks didn't bother....

Personally, I think he was going to meet someone for a purchase or exchange of something. Partner knew and is why he panicked within 15 minutes.

The reason I believe this is due to his stalling or waiting at the gas station. Most of us know the drill....buying anything via online etc.....never meet up alone and never allow the persons to change the meeting location at the last minute. It appears that both of these might have taken place. Imo. Sadly.

MOO.

But Alan had a conference call at 7. He would probably want to come home, shower, dress, and be prepared for the call, just he would be for any appointment.

When two people are together for 18 years as a couple, they are fairly well connected by then. They know each other's patterns, habits, and tendencies. If my significant other had a 7AM zoom call and said he would be home by 6 to get ready, I would be very upset if he hadn't come home or called me by 6:45. He wouldn't buy groceries or go out for breakfast or run errands after the gym. He would come home to prepare for the call.

Some people don't consider 45 minutes late to be a big deal. But knowing of Alan's impending conference call, Rusty had a high level of concern for his husband's wellbeing. And with good reason. Something terrible had indeed happened to Alan.

For some reason I really doubt anything happened at the Church’s parking lot. If he actually was there at all, for we only have one vague, anonymous report to go on.

Here’s my new theory:
  1. After pumping gas, Alan makes a quick detour into one of the streets between RaceTrac and Lemmon, to meet someone / have a transaction.
  2. The ordeal goes terribly wrong on site, Alan meets his demise.
  3. Two perpetrators later (maybe even days after..!) transport his body in one car, with the Porsche following behind.
  4. The body gets dumped, the Porsche gets hidden not too far away, on a spot known to local car thieves / chop shop folks.
MOO

But Alan had a conference call at 7. He would probably want to come home, shower, dress, and be prepared for the call, just he would be for any appointment.

When two people are together for 18 years as a couple, they are fairly well connected by then. They know each other's patterns, habits, and tendencies. If my significant other had a 7AM zoom call and said he would be home by 6 to get ready, I would be very upset if he hadn't come home or called me by 6:45. He wouldn't buy groceries or go out for breakfast or run errands after the gym. He would come home to prepare for the call.

Some people don't consider 45 minutes late to be a big deal. But knowing of Alan's impending conference call, Rusty had a high level of concern for his husband's wellbeing. And with good reason. Something terrible had indeed happened to Alan.

I don’t find Rusty’s panic concerning. Some people are highly regimented. My husband is one of those people. Always on time, very little to no deviance from his daily work schedule, exercise schedule, sleep schedule etc. If my husband had a zoom meeting at 7am and had not come home by that time or earlier , I too would be extremely worried and panicky. Jmo

MOO.
I think it really depends on the people and the relationship. If I always went to the gym before work and was pretty much home around the same time every day, and one day I never came home and wasn’t answering phone/texts, my husband would FREAK OUT. Quickly. He is a worry wart and would be assuming the worst, probably driving around and calling hospitals. Some people aren’t like that, but some are.
The fact that his husband was worried so fast could mean something or nothing. MOO

<modsnip>
Unless I’m missing something at the link, there really isn’t an obituary. What you see there looks like something the funeral home put up, with date of birth and date of death. There is no mention yet of ANY family, not just Rusty. Maybe they’re still working on a personal obit?

ETA: This is entirely speculation. Maybe they decided to forego having a personal obit. If they are a conservative family with some members disapproving of Alan’s homosexuality (again, just speculating, I don’t know if that’s the case), then skipping an obit would be a way to side-step the “land mine” of mentioning Alan having a husband.
I don't think that they disapproved of Alan's marriage at all. Rusty appeared with Alan's Mom early on pleading for his return. In addition, there are lots of photos loaded on the Funeral Home website of Rusty and Alan, to include ones that appear to be from their marriage ceremony.

It seems to me that Alan's loving family was fine with his sexual preference and with his choice of marriage partner.

JMO.

I don't think that they disapproved of Alan's marriage at all. Rusty appeared with Alan's Mom early on pleading for his return. In addition, there are lots of photos loaded on the Funeral Home website of Rusty and Alan, to include ones that appear to be from their marriage ceremony.

It seems to me that Alan's loving family was fine with his sexual preference and with his choice of marriage partner.

JMO.
THANK YOU Bunny.
SMH...and sitting on my hands. Big sigh.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I don’t find Rusty’s panic concerning. Some people are highly regimented. My husband is one of those people. Always on time, very little to no deviance from his daily work schedule, exercise schedule, sleep schedule etc. If my husband had a zoom meeting at 7am and had not come home by that time or earlier , I too would be extremely worried and panicky. Jmo

Especially if you tried calling/texting him and got no response.

This is really sad news. I've been confused by where the car was found, so I mapped to see the paths that would take him from Kitty St. to Bishop College. I'm sure you have all done this, but for those that haven't, here's a map.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 12.36.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 12.36.49 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics