GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Costco has 30 rolls of charmin not 60, sorry if I find it odd that multiple listing of toilet paper retrieved from the home of a missing child is just a little unusual to me. I guess I just hang with different people, cause I don't know people that live like that and I don't want to, more than 1 man and 1 woman in a relationship is not my cup of tea.

I hate to shop. Hate it. So when I buy TP, I buy 96 rolls. I think 48 per pack?

It ticks me off as I try to figure out what is the cheapest. Have to figure out the sheets, etc. i just give up and buy a lot.

BT W,each year I go on a research vessel---- anyone can, i am not special. But they said that the extra soft is made from virgin growth trees because the fibers are the longest. That really is disgusting to me.

I do want to say in reference to the 10 toilet paper listings some are toilet paper roll tubes. One example

#35) 12 Toilet paper roll tubes with various Lot# printed inside of tubes.

Maybe with the three kids one would save then for craft projects?

I hate to shop. Hate it. So when I buy TP, I buy 96 rolls. I think 48 per pack?

It ticks me off as I try to figure out what is the cheapest. Have to figure out the sheets, etc. i just give up and buy a lot.

BT W,each year I go on a research vessel---- anyone can, i am not special. But they said that the extra soft is made from virgin growth trees because the fibers are the longest. That really is disgusting to me.

What are virgin growth trees?

This you tube video is a news report about a police puppy falling out of the back of the truck. And it goes on to discuss how common that is. I'm sure on a highway it's worse, but I've seen this very thing happen in a Home Depot parking lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP6NHhWYoao

The crate sure would not be big.

Puppy jumping around? Or is this an, indication she could have fallen out.

Hubby got rid of our truck. So, anyone, want to try an experiment with what? Maybe bags of sand?

[/B]

BBM

According to zillow.com, this house has two bathrooms.

Oh, good, thanks for checking that.

I mean, no two ways about it, seizing packages of toilet paper is out of the ordinary. The quantity and locations don't seem weird to me, but I find it hard to think of reasons why they'd want it.

The search warrant does not use the word restraint in the part that lists what they were looking for but it does in the part that says what they took. (#63 and #31)

it might mean something or it might not, as obviously whatever was found in the house was not left at the crime scene with Alanna. i gathered that she was found tied up? So it may be that whatever she was restrained with has already been found at the scene?

Or maybe she had marks on her wrists/ankles/elsewhere indicative of restraining?...:waitasec:

My husband once bought a skid of toilet paper from SAMs club! My son who was about 4 at the time would build things with them and stack them up. :) took a long time to use all that TP. Never did find a great place to store it either. So it kinda remained in the family room and was used as giant soft Legos.

SO glad I'm not the only one who has had warehouse size packages of TP in the middle of the house for long periods of time. My daughter believes wholeheartedly that she is a horse, and she is certain that she'll be going to the Olympics for jumping (as the horse, mind you). Sooo... we always have these and the paper towels and the tissue around as her jumps. She sets up a course and hurdles over them. She can jump over them standing up tall ways!

They had been to a church camp.

Could there have been more than one"camping" trip...

1.) the church camp without the fathers...(presumably)

2.) One with the whole family...
I recall a reference to a "family camping trip" in an earlier article...

JMO

I think it's pretty standard to search the victims home and vehicles. Could be a crime scene.

They are advocating for the victim so there really shouldn't be a reason that they can't search the victims home until/unless they accuse someone else in the home of the crime.

JMO

There was a past case, Gail Palmgren, where she disappeared and the husband lawyered up right away. It took absolutely months to get a search warrant and hardly anything was taken. There were multiple 911 calls in the days and weeks leading up to her disappearance yet he wasn't treated as a suspect and their mutual home remained unsearched for a long time. She was eventually found deceased, victim of a car accident. Some of us believed she may have had some help off that cliff but it was declared an accident, despite what seemed like strong circumstantial evidence to the contrary. By the way, LE claimed no POI's/suspects all along and kept mentioning searching would be better in the fall, when the foliage dropped. Remarkably, she was found almost immediately after that time, as though they may have known where she was all along.

Moral? Not all homes get searched, even when it seems obvious they should be. Sometimes a warrant is necessary to get the cooperation. Also, LE keeps things close to their vests and even when they seem like they don't know what's going on, they often do.

Respectfully. Items fall out of all kinds of vehicles all the time. I do not have a scientific reason to explain this. But it's such a big problem that many people are maimed and killed by road debris. There are also PSA on tv and radio regarding this problem.

This you tube video is a news report about a police puppy falling out of the back of the truck. And it goes on to discuss how common that is. I'm sure on a highway it's worse, but I've seen this very thing happen in a Home Depot parking lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP6NHhWYoao

The crate sure would not be big.

Puppy jumping around? Or is this an, indication she could have fallen out.

Hubby got rid of our truck. So, anyone, want to try an experiment with what? Maybe bags of sand? Bags of soil? Wood chips are too light. Bags of flour or rice?

What are virgin growth trees?

Trees from the forest that have not been planted for harvesting.

Where I live, we have forests that are paper forests. Trees planted for harvesting. It is managed and as trees are cut down, new ones are planted.

These virgin trees are old so their fibers are extra long. Harvested trees are fast growers and the wood is not as dense or good.

If you fly over Canada or do a google map search, you will see huge areas in the west where the forests have been cut down.

I am not from Canada, BTW. Think climate change, erosion, loss of habitat.

Using products from sustainable sources is the way to go, but good luck on figuring out how to find them,

Oh, and OT which I am so part of so don't think I am pointing fingers. E waste. All the stuff from technology. The toxic parts. Look it up. Bad situation.

And then plastic. The Pacific Gyre. We are killing ourselves

Can somebody please refresh my memory? I'm having trouble finding this in the media thread.

I know the FBI was on the scene very very early, only a couple of hours after the body was discovered. But were they there before A. was reported missing?

In the house, a roll of Kleenex cottonelle tp, not specified where.
3 tp wb tubes (just the tubes?)
2 4-packs and 4 individual rolls of toilet paper Cottonelle Kleenex Ultra with plastic packaging
Roll of toilet paper , listed with garbage bag.
12 toilet paper roll tubes with various lot numbers printed inside (sounds like empty tubes, probably for recycling or children's crafts or just too lazy to throw out)
Toilet paper rolls, 4 complete, 1 used, 2 pieces of plastic packaging.
4 tp tubes, 2 tp rolls, plastic packaging
4 toilet paper rolls consistent with Cottonelle, with 2 pieces of plastic packaging
6- pack of Charmin Ultra soft plastic packaging.
Another 6-pack of Charmin Ultra soft plastic packaging.
So there are some 6-packs and 4-packs and it sounds like they stash the empty tp rolls under the sink or something and don't throw them out immediately. I do that too because I recycle cardboard separately, about once a month or so when I have collected enough to make it worth the trip. How many bathrooms does this home have? There could easily be a couple of packages under each sink and a half-used roll that is currently in use. Also some people might have a roll under the kitchen sink if they don't use kitchen rolls, or in the bedrooms, in the garage, etc. for random nose wiping and other needs. Then a few unopened packages in the storage waiting to be used. Then there was a Charmin Ultra Soft 4-pack in the Ford Taurus. I don't find that odd, as with children in the household I often find uses for some tissue paper while on the road. If several adults at the home all go shopping they might easily buy some staples more than are strictly necessary if they don't coordinate.

Anyway, statistically I'm not sure that child killers tend to have any more TP than regular folks do so the TP is not an issue for me.

re: the places TP was found

People who camp, especially with small children, tend to have TP stashed in odd places. Public latrines have unreliable supplies and if you're going farther away, where it's all self-service, you definitely need a part of a roll in your backpack.

With six people in the house, they could have four or five bathrooms.

I didn't check the real estate listing for the exact address as I felt that would be sleuthing the family...however, at least 10 other homes on that street are listed as having 2 bathrooms, a very few others are 2 1/2 bath. While I didn't check ALL addresses on the street, I found none with even 3 bathrooms let alone four or five.

jmo

edited to add....that not all real estate sites have completely accurate info.....

Trees from the forest that have not been planted for harvesting.

Where I live, we have forests that are paper forests. Trees planted for harvesting. It is managed and as trees are cut down, new ones are planted.

These virgin trees are old so their fibers are extra long. Harvested trees are fast growers and the wood is not as dense or good.

If you fly over Canada or do a google map search, you will see huge areas in the west where the forests have been cut down.

I am not from Canada, BTW. Think climate change, erosion, loss of habitat.

Using products from sustainable sources is the way to go, but good luck on figuring out how to find them,

Oh, and OT which I am so part of so don't think I am pointing fingers. E waste. All the stuff from technology. The toxic parts. Look it up. Bad situation.

And then plastic. The Pacific Gyre. We are killing ourselves

Thanks! I think I learn something new every day on WS!

btw... I'm curious, is an online med school diploma terribly costly?

I've followed less than twenty cases here so far but I would say it is very common to search the home of the victim. In some cases it is because it was the last place the victim was seen alive, but also because the statistics of homicide dictate that you focus on and rule out the family first. They would be remiss not to look for evidence in the home, IMOO.

This same thing happened (home searched potential 'evidence' taken, cars searched or taken, etc.) with Celina Cass and Jorelys Rivera, just to name two. I'm sure others could name more cases. :twocents: :seeya:

I am not sure if the following is a reason that LE searches most.. If not all...homes of the abducted/murdered....

But logic leads me (IMO) that the place where a person lives, and presumably spends the greatest amount of time in relation to other locations... Would provide the greatest amount of clues, as well...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member