TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just gonna throw this out there. I do some online shopping and was planning to place an order today. After reading about this bomb at FedEx I am somewhat reluctant to place the order. I'm sure I'm not the only one with reservations. How will this affect online shopping? Is it possible an employee from one of the many businesses that have closed due to their customers shopping online is behind this?

BTW my family has a shipping company and although we're nowhere near Texas, it still concerns me.

Hi Tillicum!!

Were you buying me an Obama T Shirt!!!!

Ok guys just a dash of humor in a super scary story

Tillicum and I are fine

maybe bought a tiny smile in a really scary world these days

The trip wire stuff really freaks me out. I cant imagine what being in that area now is like

As part of my job, I often receive multiple packages a day and may not know all of the people sending them. I fell asleep last night dreaming of ways to prod a package to make sure it wouldn’t explode. Granted the chances of me ending up with a package out of alllll of us in Austin is impossibly slim but regardless the thought is there. Last night I watched my daughter and neighbor kids playing outside of our homes after dinner, and realized how easy it would be for any of them to be harmed, they’re not on the lookout for exploding packages (nor should they have to be). Hearing LE say that at this point “we’re chasing a ghost” was not comforting. I have no solid feeling about who this guy is based on the little we know so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BREAKING OVERNIGHT: A box reportedly filled with nails exploded at a FedEx distribution facility in Schertz, Texas, according to police. Police say they do not yet know if it is connected to the Austin bombings; FBI and ATF responding:*abcn.ws/2FV2j12*pic.twitter.com/oxyewXTaLj

6:05 AM - 20 Mar 2018

eta posted because it states nails which seems to be in each bomb so far

Amazon, interesting! Could be someone personally affected by Amazon. So many companies are going out of business because of amazon, and their employees are losing their jobs.

We have the gun debate.

SXSW

What else

A lot of locals are concerned about Amazon destroying the culture in Austin.
The Unabomber had a specific manifesto outlining his concerns/obsessions.
This could be a local who doesn't like how the city is rapidly changing.
He wants to terrorize create fear, chose representational/ symbloic targets.
Might not known the victims but knows of them or targeted their neigfhborhoods to create a specific circular pattern around Austin before he hits downtown next. The State Capitol is downtown.

The FedEx facility in Schertz, which is just outside of San Antonio, processes ground packages for this region, including Austin. It has been reported that the package that exploded in the Schertz facility had an Austin return address and was addressed to someone or some place in Austin.

I wonder who the person this was addressed to is ? Also, the perp's bomb making skills may not be top notch. For some reason I get a UT vibe here. With a motive known only to the perp.

Off topic and political posts will be removed. At this time, we don't know the motive. This is an active crime scene investigation with multiple crime scenes. Let's stay focused on the topic of this thread, which is a serial bomber who is still at large in South Texas.

Thank you!

Apologies, but the topic was introduced when someone posted that an LEO on Good Morning America stated his personal opinion was that the bomber motivated by concern over a potential ban of assault weapons.

As part of my job, I often receive multiple packages a day and may not know all of the people sending them. I fell asleep last night dreaming of ways to prod a package to make sure it wouldn’t explode. Granted the chances of me ending up with a package out of alllll of us in Austin is impossibly slim but regardless the thought is there. Last night I watched my daughter and neighbor kids playing outside of our homes after dinner, and realized how easy it would be for any of them to be harmed, they’re not on the lookout for exploding packages (nor should they have to be). Hearing LE say that at this point “we’re chasing a ghost” was not comforting. I have no solid feeling about who this guy is based on the little we know so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a telescoping pole I can lend you. It has a 20-ft reach.

At first I thought the bomber was specifically targeting certain individuals. He may have even assumed once the first packages were placed the outside box would be destroyed when they exploded leaving LE unable to see if they had been delivered through a legitimate package carrier or not.

But now that he is putting bombs in packages to be delivered by major carriers it makes me feel his motive is to instill fear in all carriers who deliver packages to customers. Imo, he wants to instill fear in all including those working at these large facilities and the customers who may receive one of his bombs.

He is trying to shutdown the transportation delivery systems that millions use each and every day. Now no one will know if their package is legitimate or not even if it is delivered by the major delivery carriers.

He has upped his diabolical game for he now is instilling fear in every carrier facility in Texas including the employees of these giant companies. Its like he is trying now to bring these kind of facilities to their knees and he knows the next carrier facility may not be Fed-Ex but another carrier and no one knows which carrier he will use next.

IMO

A lot of locals are concerned about Amazon destroying the culture in Austin.
The Unabomber had a specific manifesto outlining his concerns/obsessions.
This could be a local who doesn't like how the city is rapidly changing.
He wants to terrorize create fear, chose representational/ symbloic targets.
Might not known the victims but knows of them or targeted their neigfhborhoods to create a specific circular pattern around Austin before he hits downtown next. The State Capitol is downtown.

Agree. I think a Unabomber type. Maybe doesn't like the development going on in Austin.

Apologies, but the topic was introduced when someone posted that an LEO on Good Morning America stated his personal opinion was that the bomber motivated by concern over a potential ban of assault weapons.

Oh okay. I didn't see that post. Well, I still think TX is a strange place to make that type of statement. No way will this state ban assault weapons, IMO. I can't see it ever happening here. But we do have the death penalty and we use it in this state. This bomber has already killed 2 people. Maybe he should make his "statement" in a state where they don't put murderers to death.

Agree. I think a Unabomber type. Maybe doesn't like the development going on in Austin.

Then he should move. Not being glib, but seriously, that's beyond pathetic if that's his motive. I guess it's possible, though.

I wonder who the person this was addressed to is ? Also, the perp's bomb making skills may not be top notch. For some reason I get a UT vibe here. With a motive known only to the perp.
Probably a fictitious person and wouldn't be surprised if the bomb was meant to go off when it did. I believe he has advanced skills. jmo

It is possible for this to be a USPS package and not as easily traceable. USPS contracts with FedEx and many other carriers to fly thier packages from one distribution center to another. USPS is one of FedEx's biggest accounts.

Thinking out loud...

1) March 2 Friday

Skips a full week

2) March 12 Monday
3) March 12 Monday

4) March 18 Sunday
5) March 20 Tuesday

So far bombs have exploded on even number dates, and different day of week

Oh okay. I didn't see that post. Well, I still think TX is a strange place to make that type of statement. No way will this state ban assault weapons, IMO. I can't see it ever happening here. But we do have the death penalty and we use it in this state. This bomber has already killed 2 people. Maybe he should make his "statement" in a state where they don't put murderers to death.

I agree, it probably won't happen in Texas. Maybe they're thinking the guy has psych issues and paranoia has him convinced this will happen. Makes you wonder about the experts yesterday saying he may be active or former military. Perhaps it's a vet with PTSD issues who isn't thinking right, so to speak.

I agree, it probably won't happen in Texas. Maybe they're thinking the guy has psych issues and paranoia has him convinced this will happen. Makes you wonder about the experts yesterday saying he may be active or former military. Perhaps it's a vet with PTSD issues who isn't thinking right, so to speak.

It definitely could be a vet. I get a Timothy McVeigh vibe and he was in the military.

But I also think it could be someone whose wife just left him, or he just lost his kids, or he didn't get some high tech job he thought he should get. It's hard to say. I can't believe they don't have this person on camera somewhere.

But he is killing people here. What the motive is, is up for grabs at this point. Why do you think this is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129