TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone!
I just found out about this case last night. I must have listened to the 911 call at least 100 times by now! I'm also going back to read from the beginning. What a sad and scary situation :( Hoping he is located soon.

One question I have (my apologies if it has been asked and answered already!) is whether or not the 911 call has been looked at and cleaned up/analyzed "professionally". By that I mean using professional software and listened to by someone who does forensic audio analysis? (google tells me there are people who do that!)

Have any of us sleuthers cleaned up and edited the audio using a professional program?
Can we possibly try to reach out to a forensic expert if that hasn't been done so already and see if they can help?

I'm not sure how much more if anything else can be done with the 911 call in regard to editing etc. so my whole post may be way off base...just thought I would check and see either way.

Hi Bisybee, I am new to this thread too after hearing about it on The Vanished podcast - is this also where you heard of the case? A very confusing case!
I'm making my way through the earlier threads and a user called techpuppy seems to have cleaned up the audio and shared it with a few users (no public link as far as I can tell, yet). Very interesting discussion about what various users hear.

Hi Bisybee, I am new to this thread too after hearing about it on The Vanished podcast - is this also where you heard of the case? A very confusing case!
I'm making my way through the earlier threads and a user called techpuppy seems to have cleaned up the audio and shared it with a few users (no public link as far as I can tell, yet). Very interesting discussion about what various users hear.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=brandon lawson 911 call

Thank you Tulessa :) I have heard the calls in various forms now, is this one discussed in the first thread (if you know). I can't listen right now (getting my baby off to sleep), but the one discussed in thread #1 apparently had cleaned up so well that users were picking up they could hear whispers not apparent on other releases.

It's a sad case. I can't imagine what these vanished people's families go through. I hope Brandon finds his way home to his family one way or another.

I have been thinking about Brandon today as I do almost weekly (at least) as he was the first case I found on WS. I got curious about the idea that he was "heading to Ft. Worth" and pulled up a map of the area. One big question I have that I do not know if it has been answered is would it be normal for someone going from San Angelo or Bronte to Ft. Worth to say "heading towards Abilene?" That is a 50 plus miles away from Bronte. I live north of Tulsa in Owasso and the closest "big town" to me Muskogee. I would have to pass through Tulsa, Broken Arrow, and Coweta to get to Muskogee. I am not sure if I were to not know my exact location and ran out of gas I would say "heading towards Okmulgee" if I was on the outskirts of Broken Arrow. It just seems like a strange reference point to me...NannyMo can you help? Is this typical language for locals? Also, if he was truly North of Bronte is there another town that you would reference instead? And again, if he says he is going towards Abilene why is the truck South of Bronte heading back to San Angelo. One more thing, is there a turnaround (even an illegal one) between where the truck was found and Bronte or would he or someone driving his truck have to go through Bronte and then come back to park near the resting area? Just trying to get a better sense of the area and what is "typical" even though nothing is typical in this case.

Welcome to the thread Rachelbugg06. I think it is very normal to say I am heading toward Abilene if I were in the spot Brandon was supposedly at. He was actually south of Bronte. I don't believe he made it through Bronte.

Have you ever driven from OK City to Wichita Falls at night? If you were close to Lawton and ran out of gas, you would probably say, I am on the highway headed to Wichita Falls, even tho you are a long way from there, you are referencing the highway you are on. If you have driven that road at night, you know it is pretty dark and desolate through there. This is how it is between San Angelo and Abilene except it is a 2 lane highway, not 4 lanes.

I was never convinced he was headed to Ft. Worth myself. He would have gased up before he left San Angelo if he knew he was going to Ft. Worth.

I think he left San Angelo quickly and that is why he did not get gas....it was an afterthought and too late so he ran out of gas. He was just a few of miles out of Bronte and could have walked to the Stripes. Bronte is literally a one red light town, but has a 24 hour Stripes because of the highway traffic.

He could turn around anywhere on that highway. he would not have to go through Bronte to accomplish that at all.

Hope that helps you!

But the road he was on he could've went to Abilene or Sweetwater correct? There is a Y that takes you to either town, that is why I always thought he was actually north of Bronte when he made the 911 call hence the reference of going towards Abilene.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I have been thinking about Brandon today as I do almost weekly (at least) as he was the first case I found on WS. I got curious about the idea that he was "heading to Ft. Worth" and pulled up a map of the area. One big question I have that I do not know if it has been answered is would it be normal for someone going from San Angelo or Bronte to Ft. Worth to say "heading towards Abilene?" That is a 50 plus miles away from Bronte. I live north of Tulsa in Owasso and the closest "big town" to me Muskogee. I would have to pass through Tulsa, Broken Arrow, and Coweta to get to Muskogee. I am not sure if I were to not know my exact location and ran out of gas I would say "heading towards Okmulgee" if I was on the outskirts of Broken Arrow. It just seems like a strange reference point to me...NannyMo can you help? Is this typical language for locals? Also, if he was truly North of Bronte is there another town that you would reference instead? And again, if he says he is going towards Abilene why is the truck South of Bronte heading back to San Angelo. One more thing, is there a turnaround (even an illegal one) between where the truck was found and Bronte or would he or someone driving his truck have to go through Bronte and then come back to park near the resting area? Just trying to get a better sense of the area and what is "typical" even though nothing is typical in this case.

Actually, the slang in Texas is very very similar to our slang in Oklahoma. I did chuckle you saying Muskogee was a big town. My first thought was Tulsa since you are in Owasso. We call OHP Troopers, they don't really use that much in Texas. The land reminds me a lot of between Owasso and Claremore, or Owasso and Bartlesville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we really even verify he did run out of gas?

But the road he was on he could've went to Abilene or Sweetwater correct? There is a Y that takes you to either town, that is why I always thought he was actually north of Bronte when he made the 911 call hence the reference of going towards Abilene.

Yes, there is a Y North of Bronte, but it is about 3-4 miles out f town. I don't think Brandon made it that far. His truck was abandoned south of Bronte.

Yes, there is a Y North of Bronte, but it is about 3-4 miles out f town. I don't think Brandon made it that far. His truck was abandoned south of Bronte.

Idk just because his truck was one place doesn't necessarily mean he stayed there with it. He could've gotten a ride into town or something or thought that's where they were going to take him & once he realized they didn't stop at the one & only c-store/gas station in Bronte he knee something was wrong & jumped outta the car/truck. This could be the person/people he refers to as chasing him. There has got to be a reason nothing has been found in the areas searched around the truck. NOTHING. And for some reason that's the ONLY place anyone ever wants to search!!! The area NORTH of Bronte needs to be searched!!

I agree! They need to search other areas

I'm sure the 911 call has been done to death and I'm bringing nothing new to this. Still, here's my two-penneth:

Yes, I'm in a middle of a field. A state trooper just pulled some guys over. We're out here going towards Abeline on both sides. My truck ran out of gas. There's one car here that got [inaudible]... through the woods. Please hurry. [inaudible]...not talking to them. I totally ran into them. [inaudible]... got/shot the first guy. Yeah, no I need the cops.

I'm sure the 911 call has been done to death and I'm bringing nothing new to this. Still, here's my two-penneth:

Yes, I'm in a middle of a field. A state trooper just pulled some guys over. We're out here going towards Abeline on both sides. My truck ran out of gas. There's one car here that got [inaudible]... through the woods. Please hurry. [inaudible]...not talking to them. I totally ran into them. [inaudible]... got/shot the first guy. Yeah, no I need the cops.

But if he says "got shot" would he have said yes when they asked if he needed ambulance?

I said it was got OR shot.

Gotcha, there are so many things that are going on in that call, and there really are no answers to what was happening.

Maybe he was just hallucinating on drugs.
1-it doesn't make sense that he is running from someone in a field with nowhere to hide and he's on the phone letting them hear where he is
2-he didn't mentioned being in danger when talking to others after his 911 call
3-his last call to LL was 5 min before the 911 call. Was he in trouble at this time? If so why call her and not 911? If he wasn't in trouble yet did it happen in 5 min?
4-maybe those closest to the case knows it was drug related and that is why they haven't said much
5-why would there have been no sign of a car or anyone else in the area when his brother and the police showed up?
6-why would he have decided to go so far from his car?

At this point no one would care if he was doing drugs, we just would like answers

Brandon doing drugs & or being involved with drugs, if he was, has NEVER been an issue for me or for most of us on here.

I was just posting a possibility that might explain the strange 911 call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129