TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how soon the girlfriend moved house and got a boyfriend after BL disappearance? The moving house seems a bit odd. Most family of other vanished people i've read about stayed living in the same place for even decades after in the (perhaps misguided) belief that they may soon return and come back to that home. Was the moving house something that was planned while BL was still about?

I saw at least 2 commenters on reddit saying the brother may have been involved because BL spoke to him on the phone just before his 911 call yet i can find no reference to this on any of the timelines or other places. All of the timelines i've seen go from the missed calls to the girlfriend to the 911 call. There is no mention of him talking to the brother in between those 2 events. Unless the people saying he spoke to the brother before are mixing it up with the call he made to him AFTER the 911 call.

Anyone know how soon the girlfriend moved house and got a boyfriend after BL disappearance? The moving house seems a bit odd. Most family of other vanished people i've read about stayed living in the same place for even decades after in the (perhaps misguided) belief that they may soon return and come back to that home. Was the moving house something that was planned while BL was still about?

I saw at least 2 commenters on reddit saying the brother may have been involved because BL spoke to him on the phone just before his 911 call yet i can find no reference to this on any of the timelines or other places. All of the timelines i've seen go from the missed calls to the girlfriend to the 911 call. There is no mention of him talking to the brother in between those 2 events. Unless the people saying he spoke to the brother before are mixing it up with the call he made to him AFTER the 911 call.

KL claimed that Brandon rang him to say he was out of gas, I believe this was prior to his 911 call but after KL had gone to check that LL was ok after the argument. It was claimed KL then rang LL and LL told him she was going to bed and would leave the gas cans on the porch for KL to collect.

LL also claimed that she spoke to Brandon once after he left the house and told him to cool off & go to his brothers or something.

It's not surprising you're confused as the timelines, calls, texts etc keep changing!

BL went missing in August, LL moved mid September, I know it was shortly after Labor Day holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<mod snip>

Also, I don't think BL was really hiding...I think at the time KL THOUGHT he was hiding from the cops because you have to remember KL didn't know BL had called the cops.

LL said she HAD to move closer to family because she didn't have any money with BL gone. She was broke and had to move where family could help her.

I have never heard she had another boyfriend, but I guess that could be true....I just don't know.

From The Help Find Brandon Lawson Facebook Page:
1. Ladessa called Brandon’s parents concerned. (unknown time, assuming after the fight)
2. Brandon called his dad and left the house at 11:54 PM.
leave a message.

8. 08/09/2013 Approx 4:30 AM Ladessa spoke with Kyle and was told he had found the truck but no sight of Brandon. Kyle said in panic, “I can’t find my brother. I can’t find my brother. He called me, and I can’t find him.” Kyle told Ladessa the doors were unlocked. Kyle added the gas in hopes Brandon would return. (What time?) Kyle and Audrey returned home after. (What time?) Coke County locked the truck doors and turned on the flashers. (When?)
9. 08/09/2013 Approx 5:00 AM Ladessa called police station to report the truck had been found in Bronte, TX 4 ½ miles N of Bronte, (bad reporting? or what...the truck was S. of Bronte) ¼ of a block from the rest stop (not a truck stop, no fuel stations, no restrooms, just picnic tables.) Ladessa told dispatch that a family member ran out of gas and gave location. She was calling to see if there was an update.

Why did he not leave a message with Ladessa telling her who was after him or what was happening?

*Respectfully snipped*
1. and 2. Wouldn't she have called his parents AFTER he had left the house?

8. It's been my understanding that Kyle didn't put gas in until after daylight. Deputy Neal turned on the flashers, and locked the doors at some point. But their story has been that they were all broke as a joke, apparently unable to get a couple of bucks together between all of them, and had to wait for the direct deposit from Renegade to hit. If I recall correctly, it was around 0700 before Kyle was able to purchase gas. (I've always wondered if the truck was ever really out of fuel. No one was able to check it since there were no keys for the ignition with the truck.)

9. Why did she call Coke County? They lived in Tom Green County. He would have passed through a few others on the way to Fort Worth. Why Coke? Me, I would call my local agency, and report it . And, yes, I have had a significant other missing at one point. There were several places that the idiot could have been, but why would I call those places? I reported to my local agency, W. County, since that's the place where he went missing from. THEY contacted the other agencies in the places he could have been. "But Brandon went missing from Coke County", you may be saying. But did he? How do we really know without a doubt? Who can verify that they had eyes on Brandon after he left the house? (Legit source) Why did she call Coke County of all places?

#inquiringminds

I can't get my head around the phone charging in the van thing. Surely unless the van is running the phone won't charge?
It depends on the car. In mine, one spot only works with the key on ,the other always works.

It depends on the car. In mine, one spot only works with the key on ,the other always works.

The vehicle she had at the time was a Kia mini van. That particular year model does charge without the ignition being on. We looked it up one time on the vehicle specs from the manufacturer. I had never heard of that before. But it does charge without the engine being on.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Regarding when he called/texted the brother and the brother's gf and said he's 10 minutes up the road, i've read 2 different accounts about this. One of them says that he told the brother/brother's gf that he could see them and the sheriff at his truck,he could see the lights etc from where he was hiding. But the other account doesn't mention that he had them in view, it just says he said he was '10 minutes up the road' and bleeding and then the call cut.

So which is it? If BL had his brother/brothersgf/sheriff in view and didn't come out then that makes no sense whatsoever. His brother didn't know that he called 911 but he himself did, so why if he could see help didn't he come out of hiding and run towards the help? The warrant and the sheriff being there should have been completely irrelevant to the situation in HIS mind since HE had just called the cops moments earlier.

If he didn't have them in sight then 10 minutes up the road could mean anything. He could have just estimated it was a 10 min walk but been miles away from them. He could have been running and maybe it only felt like he was running for 10 mins etc

Regarding when he called/texted the brother and the brother's gf and said he's 10 minutes up the road, i've read 2 different accounts about this. One of them says that he told the brother/brother's gf that he could see them and the sheriff at his truck,he could see the lights etc from where he was hiding. But the other account doesn't mention that he had them in view, it just says he said he was '10 minutes up the road' and bleeding and then the call cut.

So which is it? If BL had his brother/brothersgf/sheriff in view and didn't come out then that makes no sense whatsoever. His brother didn't know that he called 911 but he himself did, so why if he could see help didn't he come out of hiding and run towards the help? The warrant and the sheriff being there should have been completely irrelevant to the situation in HIS mind since HE had just called the cops moments earlier.

If he didn't have them in sight then 10 minutes up the road could mean anything. He could have just estimated it was a 10 min walk but been miles away from them. He could have been running and maybe it only felt like he was running for 10 mins etc

Totally agree. With most of the information that has been put out there, most of us have been asking "Which is it" since the beginning. Changes, retractions, deletions. Who knows.

At one point, the girlfriend had stated that the Deputy could see the light from his phone in the bushes. And the Deputy didn't tell him to come out? Come the h*ll on! Geez. Not to mention that the Deputy himself, and the local law enforcement says that didn't happen.

At one point, the girlfriend had stated that the Deputy could see the light from his phone in the bushes.

And she knows this how? Even if the Deputy didn't react to it you'd think his brother would once the Deputy left the scene. You have a family member who you know is bleeding in a bush and a light from his phone visible and you don't think to go after the light while looking for him?

"When Brandon Lawson told Audrey (Kyle Lawson&#8217;s girlfriend) that he was bleeding shortly after 1 am that Friday morning, neither Audrey nor Kyle made the effort to inform law enforcement of his statement."

and then

"At around 1:18 Audrey sent Brandon a text saying"A cop is at your truck" it is assumed she did such as she wanted to warn him due to his warrant."

But he'd just been on the phone to her and the brother telling them he's bleeding, and was supposedly able to see them from where he was hiding, so wouldn't he already know there was a cop there? Wouldn't he already know the cop being at his truck had nothing to do with the warrant?

Bumping for Brandon!

I wonder if anyone from LE has varified the time line from official phone records of the phone calls/texts to 911 and his brother and brother's gf. So many think that he was shot and possibly killed at the end of the 911 call, maybe it was not him texting from his phone after the 911 call.

One thought to mention about the charging of the cell phone in the van from the other thread:
I won't run the car battery down much, not enough to noticel. The phone draws so little current, it's not like leaving your headlights on which draw much more power..
I'm going to disagree with that. I had a 2003 Passat that charged my phone when the car was off. Drained my battery in about a day and a half. If the battery is old, it'll drain much faster.

I'm going to disagree with that. I had a 2003 Passat that charged my phone when the car was off. Drained my battery in about a day and a half. If the battery is old, it'll drain much faster.

The particular vehicle she had a the time, looking up the specs, it would charge without the engine on. It was a Kia minivan.

The particular vehicle she had a the time, looking up the specs, it would charge without the engine on. It was a Kia minivan.

My Durango charges my phone with it off and has never effected the vehicle bc battery life. I asked a friend with the same kia van and she said the same thing. She can charge her phone with the van off w/o any issues.

My Durango charges my phone with it off and has never effected the vehicle bc battery life. I asked a friend with the same kia van and she said the same thing. She can charge her phone with the van off w/o any issues.

What year model Durango do you have, because my 2011 Durango I have several different plugs & have tried them all & none charge if engine is off. I wish they did though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Evening Ladies... Happy Mother's Day to each of you ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was it known that the 911 call was edited as soon as it got released publicly? How heavily was the call edited? I just listened to the true crime podcast about this. The 2 presenters spent about 2 hours dissecting every single part of the call to try to find out what he's saying. Slowing it down, taking it line by line, word by word, etc. They dedicate the entire show to just the phone call.

Not once during the entire near 2 hour show do they mention to the listeners that the call is edited, or that it was re-recorded by the girlfriend and put out to the public. I found that a bit strange being that they put so much effort into taking this call apart for the show and yet to not even be aware that it was edited. So i am assuming that they just didn't know that was the case. Who was it that confirmed that the call was definitely heavily edited? Where is the proof that the call is too edited to get anything out of and should be discarded? and why is the fact it's edited and re-recorded never mentioned on any show/podcast discussing this case? The call is placed as the subject of upmost importance on everything i read or listen to regarding this case as if there is nothing else worth talking about or considering.

Another thing about the call itself i don't understand is that people say it's not even confirmed that it is Brandon Lawson speaking on the call. How can that be? The tape has been out there publicly for a couple of years or more now. Surely in that time people who knew Brandon Lawson, friends, family members have heard it enough to know whether it is him on the tape or not. Are you telling me his own girlfriend he was with for 10 years or his own brother, own father, old friends, etc do not know if that is him definitely speaking to the operator? I can tell in 5 minutes whether it's my gf's voice on the phone or someone elses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader