TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could he be having a first psychotic break? He’s at the age. His behavior is bizarre, maybe paranoid? People who do not know the signs/symptoms may rationalize his behavior or even blame his behavior on drugs. I don’t know enough about him to determine if he meets DSM-5 criteria but thought I would bring it up. I added an article about a similar tragedy because it gives some insight.

Hartford teen was in midst of psychotic break when he stabbed uncle to death, doctor testifies

I'd be willing to wager not the first.

Could he be having a first psychotic break? He’s at the age. His behavior is bizarre, maybe paranoid? People who do not know the signs/symptoms may rationalize his behavior or even blame his behavior on drugs. I don’t know enough about him to determine if he meets DSM-5 criteria but thought I would bring it up. I added an article about a similar tragedy because it gives some insight.

Hartford teen was in midst of psychotic break when he stabbed uncle to death, doctor testifies

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think that matches with dressing all in black, pulling up your hoodie and putting on a face mask/glasses to obscure your face, strapping on a backpack to hold the goods you plan to steal, breaking security cameras, trying car doors, rummaging through peoples' cars and homes, evading police when they arrive. If someone hadn't TOLD US he has mental issues, we wouldn't automatically think he was out of his right mind just from his behavior, would we? JMO, of course.

Any sighting of Cash and Carter's dad yet? Is he still in hiding?

I find this very disturbing. I don't know if I could ever be more scared of losing my freedom than of seeing my surviving child after his only sibling has been murdered.

Sorry if this is an inappropriate comment, but we're saying goodbye to May and here we are, still no Mr. Gernon.

I can’t say he’s a sociopath either, but isn’t it possible? He had enough wits to cover himself with a hoodie, face mask and sometimes glasses when prowling the neighborhood breaking into cars and houses at night. He had enough wits to disable ring cameras with a hammer. Just my thoughts.

I don’t really see evidence that he’s someone vulnerable with only a child-like understanding, or with psychosis or paranoia. Even when he talked to himself on video it wasn’t like crazy ramblings to me, but more like someone wrestling with their conscience or psyching themselves up to go through with it, IMO.

Not to say he isn’t immature or doesn’t have issues. I just don’t think he’s detached from reality, but instead he’s detached from any remorse. His flat, emotionless mug shots seem more arrogant to me, rather than someone with diminished capacity to understand. JMHO

He's definitely immature and appears to be impulsive. I'm curious if he graduated from HS or if he dropped out. Also, the human brain isn't fully developed until ~25 yrs of age.

It doesn’t matter how smart teens are or how well they scored on the SAT or ACT. Good judgment isn’t something they can excel in, at least not yet.

The rational part of a teen’s brain isn’t fully developed and won’t be until age 25 or so.

In fact, recent research has found that adult and teen brains work differently. Adults think with the prefrontal cortex, the brain’s rational part. This is the part of the brain that responds to situations with good judgment and an awareness of long-term consequences. Teens process information with the amygdala. This is the emotional part.

More at: Understanding the Teen Brain - Health Encyclopedia - University of Rochester Medical Center

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think that matches with dressing all in black, pulling up your hoodie and putting on a face mask/glasses to obscure your face, strapping on a backpack to hold the goods you plan to steal, breaking security cameras, trying car doors, rummaging through peoples' cars and homes, evading police when they arrive. If someone hadn't TOLD US he has mental issues, we wouldn't automatically think he was out of his right mind just from his behavior, would we? JMO, of course.
JMO, fortunately, we still have a justice system that hopefully will allow greater insight and a fair trial. We need to hear from legitimate Investigators, don’t we? And see evidence and charges.
I don’t even know what criteria would be for the concept of right mind.

My only thought is that at 11:17 pm DB was incapable of signing due to medication/mental state, or some other incapacitating incident. To my mind, it's a wording error; perhaps it should have been "unable" to sign as he is, judging by the entry at 7:43 PM, able to sign or make his mark.
He also could have refused.

He's definitely immature and appears to be impulsive. I'm curious if he graduated from HS or if he dropped out. Also, the human brain isn't fully developed until ~25 yrs of age.

It doesn’t matter how smart teens are or how well they scored on the SAT or ACT. Good judgment isn’t something they can excel in, at least not yet.

The rational part of a teen’s brain isn’t fully developed and won’t be until age 25 or so.

In fact, recent research has found that adult and teen brains work differently. Adults think with the prefrontal cortex, the brain’s rational part. This is the part of the brain that responds to situations with good judgment and an awareness of long-term consequences. Teens process information with the amygdala. This is the emotional part.

More at: Understanding the Teen Brain - Health Encyclopedia - University of Rochester Medical Center
This is all true but nearly all teens and young adults can control their immaturity and impulsivity enough to graduate high school AND avoid kidnapping and murdering toddlers. Imo

What the heck?
I’m actually thinking that the person who went to the home owner wasn’t actually MS . Her mother was living there off and on and her parents were the actual ones responsible for the home is what I’ve also seen. Is it possible that’s who they are talking about. Idk but something to think about since he didn’t say MS by name.

I looked at a few other recent arrestees who also have felonies.

2 out of the 4 random numbers I put in were ‘incapable of signing’ the election of counsel document.

Case numbers for DB’s initial 2 charges regarding Cash are F2175848 & F2175850.

Numbers I used were F2175840, F2175825, F2175835 & F2175845. The first 2 have ‘defendant incapable of signing.’

I still think this has something to do with video arraignment or something other than being so mentally out of it they can’t sign their name. moo

https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty.org/PublicAccessEP1/CriminalCourts/

On break and in learning curve, I answered one of my and our questions maybe, maybe not.
On the Booking page for the two Felony charges- Burglary and Kidnapping it says “N” as in No for categories of Juv Stat, Repeat Offender and Career Offender- No No No.
Would the Juv Stat tab refer to whether or not he is a Juvenile or if he had charges as a Juvenile?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Dallas County Felony and Misdemeanor Courts Case Information

NAME ENTERED BROWN DARRIYNN NAME TYPE DF
LN ARC RS DOB CASE/BOND CT CHARGE DISP
01 BROWN DARRIYNN RONNELL BM 122902 F-2175850 FH BURG HAB INT/F
02 BROWN DARRIYNN RONNELL BM 122902 F-2175908 FH BURG HAB INT/F
03 BROWN DARRIYNN RONNELL BM 122902 MA2155422 MK EVADE ARREST/D
04 BROWN DARRIYNN RONNELL BM 122902 F-2175907 FH INJ CHILD/ELDE
05 BROWN DARRIYNN RONNELL BM 122902 F-2175848 FH KIDNAP

https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/search_results_print.jsp

@Arkay sbm bbm. FWIW, likely not relevant, but ---
DB signed doc., then a doc 3 1/2 hr. later noted: incapable of signature.
p. 1. "Arraignment Sheet" .................... 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 2. "Instructions" "Preliminary" ........ 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 3. "Bond Condition Orders" ............ 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 4. "Election of Counsel".................. 4/27
11:17 pm..."Incapable of Signing"
p. 5. "Magistrate's Admonishment" …. 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 6. Financial Questionnaire" ............ 4/27
7:43 pm ... DB's Signature

^ 4/30 "Arraignment Packet" re: Misdemeanor, Evading Arrest Detention, M2155422.

Can you reply to this post with a url link where others can find this information?
Thanks

Can you reply to this post with a url link where others can find this information?
Thanks
@Tiff23fr Certainly, happy to provide source of info from my posts 413 & 430. Sorry I failed to include in latest post.
https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty.org/PublicAccessEP1/CriminalCourts
Hope this helps. If any questions, let me know.

7:43 pm... a handwritten signature for DB on "Financial Questionnaire."
..................Then approx. 3 1/2 hr. later,
11:17 pm..."Incapable of Signing" typewritten on "Election of Counsel"

Verifying ^ info
https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty.org/PublicAccessEP1/CriminalCourts
In "Case Number" field, enter "M2155422" then click "Search"
which displays "4/30 Arraignment Packet."
Click on that for a file w images of 6 pages re
Misdemeanor, Evading Arrest Detention, M2155422.
p. 1. "Arraignment Sheet" .................... 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 2. "Instructions" "Preliminary" ........ 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 3. "Bond Condition Orders" ............ 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 4. "Election of Counsel"................ 4/27 11:17 pm..."Incapable of Signing"
p. 5. "Magistrate's Admonishment" …. 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 6. Financial Questionnaire" ............ 4/27 7:43 pm ... DB's Signature

I don’t know what goes wrong with my replies sometimes, must be a signal problem.
Would you please clarify your statement? I sisn’t aww that he was designated as you stated.
Thank you!

I am trying to clarify if he had run ins with LE before February 2021. None of the neighbors reported that- they said they had seen him on cameras running amok the past month or two. One said he found him on a 10 week old Nest, which would be March.
I’m wondering if all this is the case, what changed in his relationships or environment this year starting in February to set him off?

On break and in learning curve, I answered one of my and our questions maybe, maybe not.
On the Booking page for the two Felony charges- Burglary and Kidnapping it says “N” as in No for categories of Juv Stat, Repeat Offender and Career Offender- No No No.
Would the Juv Stat tab refer to whether or not he is a Juvenile or if he had charges as a Juvenile?
Thank you!
@Curiosa20

Does ^ post refer to info below. If so I'm not seeing categories for Juv Stat, Repeat Offender and Career Offender.

Dallas County Online Jail Search

@Curiosa20

Does ^ post refer to info below. If so I'm not seeing categories for Juv Stat, Repeat Offender and Career Offender.

Dallas County Online Jail Search
Thank you for helping me.
No, that’s not it. Let me try to paste a link.
Here is the start page- then on to continue and at the bottom of the next page type in the Case numbers— all 4 Felonies are there.
F2175848
F2175850
F2175907
F2175908
I don’t remember if I found the Misdemeanor here, too, or someplace else.
M2155422
That’s from 4/27, the evading arrest when he was in Red Bird, a neighborhood 6.5 miles away.

Dallas County Criminal Background Search

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads