TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lawyer didn’t say that. That is a sensationalized headline.
Do you have a link to what the lawyer did say then? Tia

ETA I originally only found this story on the Dailymail and sun uk.. When I found it on dallasnews, I reported my post to ask mods if this source was within tos and was told yes. I’m not doubting it’s sensationalized, but am interested in what was actually said by the lawyer. Thanks

Im not disagreeing with you I’m just wondering... if he wasn’t acting alone, do you think he would have ratted his accomplice out by now? What do you think is going on there?

Good question. I'm not sure that DB himself knows exactly what happened to Cash, or who exactly his accomplices were. I imagine LE has been interrogating DB and pressing him. He hasn't confessed. We haven't heard his side of the story, other than that he claims it isn't him in the footage. I have serious questions about that footage. We have no context. It didn't come from LE. It shows the moment - literally - that Cash was taken. That's it. What happened before that moment and after that moment are equally important to this whole story.

Heath Harris, Brown’s defense attorney, said Brown told him that is he not guilty of breaking into the house and taking Cash, or of killing him.

“This is not an open and shut case. Even if you believe that’s [Brown] on the video, it doesn’t mean he killed the kid,” said Harris, who added that he’s only seen the video online and has not received it from police or prosecutors.
Harris said he has not yet received any evidence in the case. He has visited Brown in jail and spoken with his family. Harris said he will request a mental health evaluation and anticipates there will be proof of a serious mental disorder. Harris did not provide any details.
Man accused of kidnapping Cash Gernon argues he’s not the man seen in video, lawyer says
Again. He did not say he is not the man seen in video.

I don't think that argument will fly with a jury, JMO

Similarities are clear, for sure. I'm not saying it isn't him. But there is reasonable doubt, IMO. I would need to see how other people look on the camera. No jury will have to decide whether DB murdered Cash solely based off of that image. There has to be more evidence. Were his clothes found? I would like to hear his side. I don't believe DB just did this on his own. Justice for CG.

I think what you mean is that DB is claiming it's not him seen in the video. Just added an extra "not". In the article, DB's attorney says that DB told him that it isn't him in the footage, and that he didn't kill CG. Just want to clear that up.
Oh, my gosh. Thank you.
The perils of posting from a phone while distracted.

Oh, my gosh. Thank you.
The perils of posting from a phone while distracted.

No problem. I only added confusion - it was clear what you meant!

Long story short: DB told his lawyer that he is not the person seen in the released footage, and that he didn't hurt Cash. Side-by-side, the mugshot compared to the still image from the footage look similar, but I can't say it's 100% DB. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not sure DB knows the entire story himself. The fact that DB says it's not him in the video - his attorney must believe that at the very least, a case can be made. Seems strange to lie about that part. I wonder how much DB has said to LE. Just thinking. Justice for CG.

Last edited:

Long story short: DB told his lawyer that he is not the person seen in the released footage, and that he didn't hurt Cash. Side-by-side, the mugshot compared to the still image from the footage look similar, but I can't say it's 100% DB. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not sure DB knows the entire story himself. The fact that DB says it's not him in the video - his attorney must believe that at the very least, a case can be made. Seems strange to lie about that part. I wonder how much DB has said to LE. Just thinking. Justice for CG.
Actually it's not at all odd for killers to deny being on video.It was obviously this creep on the video and I don't get why some defend him.

The lawyer didn't say it’s not him in the video’s.
That is a sensationalized headline.

The lawyer didn't say it. Darriynn did.

The headline is "Man accused of kidnapping Cash Gernon [AKA Darriynn Brown] argues he’s not the man seen in video, lawyer says" ...NOT "Lawyer says Darriynn Brown is not the man in the video"... so the headline is accurate and not sensationalized if Darriynn told his lawyer he didn't do it and it's not him in the video.

Ha! Thank you!
It’s something contagious about this case, confusion abounds, doesn't’ it? :) I confused myself, too. I almost responded to you again after my first reply then thought, :confused:omg, no. Better walk away. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kissafur1982