TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Contrary to what Kamron felt compelled to deny-I’m afraid it was for pay back, revenge, and hate. Whose and why? The simple narrative doesn’t make sense to me.
IMO MOO.

BBM, snipped, catching up - just want to point out that in the interview the "brother" gave to the media, he himself said something like "It wasn't payback, revenge" and that there was no specific reason why DB did this. How would he have known this? He said it was "random", but the family admittedly knew DB. It would have been physically impossible for the brother to know why the crime was committed at the time he gave the interview - or who did it, conclusively. He could have been assuming. But it's odd. There would be no way for him to rule out that it wasn't "revenge, hate, or to get back at us", as he said, unless he already knew that information. He goes out of his way to say it was random. How did he know that? I'm not accusing anyone. Just observations from the interview. JMO.

BBM, snipped, catching up - just want to point out that in the interview the "brother" gave to the media, he himself said something like "It wasn't payback, revenge" and that there was no specific reason why DB did this. How would he have known this? He said it was "random", but the family admittedly knew DB. It would have been physically impossible for the brother to know why the crime was committed at the time he gave the interview - or who did it, conclusively. He could have been assuming. But it's odd. There would be no way for him to rule out that it wasn't "revenge, hate, or to get back at us", as he said, unless he already knew that information. He goes out of his way to say it was random. How did he know that? I'm not accusing anyone. Just observations from the interview. JMO.

Yes. that struck me as odd. too.
Also. he caught and corrected himself on 2 other points- one where he pointed to the back door knob and said that’s where he broke into, but as the camera did a close up he said quickly “tampered with” because it was not broken. At all. Look at the video.
Then when showing the room where the twins bed is, he said something like this is where they slept, er, pause, were sleeping. As in it may not necessarily been there exclusive sleeping room.
I can go back and get the exact quotes, but both of those moments when he modified his statements caught my attention.

The mother is in denial IMHO. I find a lot of people are that way. (friends, family, neighbors, co-workers) of someone that committed a heinous crime often feel that way. If you're not 'odd' then they think you couldn't have possibly done such a terrible thing. I've seen comments like "He was so nice", "He used to wave hello when we walked out dog past his house", etc. Being odd doesn't mean you're capable of killing and being nice doesn't mean you AREN'T capable of killing! If people left their emotions out of the equation they'd be more open to the fact someone you love/know/like could do something terrible. It happens all the time as does the denial.

She said a couple sentences, released by the media. She is standing up for her son, who people have already deemed guilty of murder before a murder charge has been filed against him. What are her options? Stay silent? She's a victim in this case too, IMO. People are quick to believe the grandfather who conveniently waited until after this crime to allege that DB tried to kidnap his grandchild. Just because someone lurks around a neighborhood, steals, whatever, doesn't mean the person is a murderer. Just because someone gets "mental treatment", doesn't mean the person is a schizophrenic. If DB did this on his own, he will pay the full price. IMO the idea that DB did this by himself is ridiculous, and were that the case, a murder charge would've been filed the day he was arrested, because it would have been obvious. And re: the footage being "edited". Look it depends how you define "edit", but the footage made its way from the house of MS to the DM. At some point in that process, individuals selected what would be released to the public. Someone decided that it would start with the other twin getting into bed. The footage didn't appear out of thin air. So obviously I would like to know what that camera saw for the entire day, and the week prior too. The DM is not LE... It's a business that makes money off of views and clicks. This footage didn't come from LE. It didn't come from a totally unrelated fast restaurant CCTV camera. It came from the DM via someone who lived with Cash, ostensibly. DB coming back the next morning and stepping right in front of the camera, hut doing nothing, doesn't mean he was alone. There could have been someone two feet away off-camera. My point is the footage may just be a sliver of the story. Media is making people assume DB killed Cash alone, which he may have done. But again, even if the grandfather incident was entirely true, it STILL doesn't mean DB murderer Cash alone, and everyone who may have been involved in this senseless crime needs to be held responsible. Clearly DB played some role It may be as simple as just DB acting alone, but there may be more to the story. Justice for CG.

Last edited:
She said a couple sentences, released by the media. She is standing up for her son, who people have already deemed guilty of murder before a murder charge has been filed against him. What are her options? Stay silent? She's a victim in this case too, IMO. People are quick to believe a grandfather who conveniently waited until after this incident to say DB tried to kidnap his grandkid. Just because someone lurks around a neighborhood, steals, whatever, doesn't mean the person is a murderer. Just because someone gets "mental treatment", doesn't mean the person is a schizophrenic. If DB did this on his own, he will pay the full price. IMO the idea that DB did this by himself is ridiculous, and were that the case, a murder charge would've been filed the day he was arrested, because it would have been obvious. And re: the footage being "edited". Look it depends how you define "edit", but the footage made its way from the house of MS to the DM. At some point in that process, individuals selected what would be released to the public. Someone decided that it would start with the other twin getting into bed. The footage didn't appear out of thin air. So obviously I would like to know what that camera saw for the entire day, and the week prior too. The DM is not LE... It's a business that makes money off of views and clicks. This footage didn't come from LE. It didn't come from a totally unrelated fast restaurant CCTV camera. It came from the DM via someone who lived with Cash, ostensibly. DB coming back the next morning and stepping right in front of the camera, hut doing nothing, doesn't mean he was alone. There could have been someone two feet away off-camera. My point is the footage just tells a sliver of the full story. Media is making people assume DB killed Cash alone, which he may have done. But again, even if the grandfather incident was entirely true, it STILL doesn't mean DB murderer Cash alone, and everyone who may have been involved in this senseless crime needs to be held responsible Clearly DB played some role in this. It may be as simple as just DB acting alone, but there may be far more to the story.
I agree. I feel that DB did do something to that child, but I am not convinced that he was alone.

BBM. I had the same thought when I heard his interview. I found it an odd thing to say off the top of your head like that. It made me think it just might be revenge/payback for something. I'm thinking LE would be interested in interviewing him and just sit back and let him talk. You can learn some very interesting things that way.

She said a couple sentences, released by the media. She is standing up for her son, who people have already deemed guilty of murder before a murder charge has been filed against him. What are her options? Stay silent? She's a victim in this case too, IMO. People are quick to believe the grandfather who conveniently waited until after this crime to allege that DB tried to kidnap his grandchild. Just because someone lurks around a neighborhood, steals, whatever, doesn't mean the person is a murderer. Just because someone gets "mental treatment", doesn't mean the person is a schizophrenic. If DB did this on his own, he will pay the full price. IMO the idea that DB did this by himself is ridiculous, and were that the case, a murder charge would've been filed the day he was arrested, because it would have been obvious. And re: the footage being "edited". Look it depends how you define "edit", but the footage made its way from the house of MS to the DM. At some point in that process, individuals selected what would be released to the public. Someone decided that it would start with the other twin getting into bed. The footage didn't appear out of thin air. So obviously I would like to know what that camera saw for the entire day, and the week prior too. The DM is not LE... It's a business that makes money off of views and clicks. This footage didn't come from LE. It didn't come from a totally unrelated fast restaurant CCTV camera. It came from the DM via someone who lived with Cash, ostensibly. DB coming back the next morning and stepping right in front of the camera, hut doing nothing, doesn't mean he was alone. There could have been someone two feet away off-camera. My point is the footage may just be a sliver of the story. Media is making people assume DB killed Cash alone, which he may have done. But again, even if the grandfather incident was entirely true, it STILL doesn't mean DB murderer Cash alone, and everyone who may have been involved in this senseless crime needs to be held responsible. Clearly DB played some role It may be as simple as just DB acting alone, but there may be more to the story. Justice for CG.
Im not disagreeing with you I’m just wondering... if he wasn’t acting alone, do you think he would have ratted his accomplice out by now? What do you think is going on there?

BBM. I had the same thought when I heard his interview. I found it an odd thing to say off the top of your head like that. It made me think it just might be revenge/payback for something. I'm thinking LE would be interested in interviewing him and just sit back and let him talk. You can learn some very interesting things that way.
My thoughts are that at the time of the interview his mother did not want it to be known that the abductor was very well known to them and that 's why KS keeps slipping and the interview makes him look dishonest

Im not disagreeing with you I’m just wondering... if he wasn’t acting alone, do you think he would have ratted his accomplice out by now? What do you think is going on there?
@moody_chicago I'm not disagreeing either, just considering possibilities. Re bbm?
Did DB act alone?
Did DB act w accomplice(s) of his choice?
Did another person or persons use DB as accomplice? Maybe unwitting one?
Did DB and another person or persons conspire, more or less on an equal footing to each other, to commit these crimes?

IDK, not enough info yet imo. my2ct.

Almost caught up. Just curious what people think of DB claiming it's not him in the video? First statement I have seen from DB. What if he's telling the truth? Something isn't right with the footage. The whole "coming back in the morning" part makes no sense. It hasn't made much sense to anyone here. We have no timestamps on the video. I am trying to look at every angle. Surely DNA/other evidence could prove who is in that video, correct? What his defense attorney is saying re: media, public saying "it's him" is true to some extent. I mean, what if it's not him? I'm just thinking out loud. Initially I thought it was not DB in the video, but side-by-side comparisons looked similar. Still though, I cannot tell for sure that is DB in either portion of the video. My gut tells me this is being pinned on DB. I don't think DB is innocent. He has some involvement in this story. But I don't think he murdered Cash. And I don't know if that's him in the video. I don't think DB's defense would be "it's not me in the video" unless it wasn't. I could be totally wrong. I have so many questions. The person or persons who killed Cash will be held responsible. That's what matters. Justice for Cash.

Last edited:
Almost caught up. Just curious what people think of DB claiming it's not him in the video? First statement I have seen from DB. What if he's telling the truth? Something isn't right with the footage. The whole "coming back in the morning" part makes no sense. It hasn't made much sense to anyone here. We have no timestamps on the video. I am trying to look at every angle. Surely DNA/other evidence could prove who is in that video, correct? What his defense attorney is saying re: media, public saying "it's him" is true to some extent. I mean, what if it's not him? I'm just thinking out loud. Initially I thought it was not DB in the video, but side-by-side comparisons looked similar. Still though, I cannot tell for sure that is DB in either portion of the video. My gut tells me this is being pinned on DB. I don't think DB is innocent. He has some involvement in this story. But I don't think he murdered Cash. And I don't know if that's him in the video.
Did he say it wasn't him or is that something his mother said?

Very interesting that there are 2 *** page's both trying to get money for burial expenses. Trevor has only made $2K toward a $10K goal. It also says "We have transferred Cash and he is being prepared to be laid to rest.".

On the other hand, someone claiming to be his Aunt has made ~$14K toward a $10K goal. Pretty big differences there. The "aunt's" page says "I have set up this fundraiser to help pay for the transportation of Cash's body ".

So... did Trevor actually transfer Cash's body as his *** page states, and then the "aunt" paid him back (since $2K isn't enough and, well, $14K trumps $2K)? Something's not right here and it feels like someone (or both) is lying. It wouldn't surprise me with this case and cast of characters.

Just an update, Patty Seagroves has stopped donations on her legitimate page with updates https://uk.********.com/f/in-memory-of-cash-gernon. There is a scam page set up on Plumfund which she has been made aware of and called out In Memory of Cash Gernon. It's been copied verbatim from her page, makes me sick that some scammer would do this.

Court records indicate that DB a "habitual offender," his record may also be designated as JUV repeat/career offender (notations unclear if status clears when the offender is adult).

Nonetheless, there should be no question that JB was known to LE. MOO

TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

Dallas County Felony and Misdemeanor Courts Case Information

NAME ENTERED BROWN DARRIYNN NAME TYPE DF
LN ARC RS DOB CASE/BOND CT CHARGE DISP
01 BROWN DARRIYNN RONNELL BM 122902 F-2175850 FH BURG HAB INT/F
02 BROWN DARRIYNN RONNELL BM 122902 F-2175908 FH BURG HAB INT/F
03 BROWN DARRIYNN RONNELL BM 122902 MA2155422 MK EVADE ARREST/D
04 BROWN DARRIYNN RONNELL BM 122902 F-2175907 FH INJ CHILD/ELDE
05 BROWN DARRIYNN RONNELL BM 122902 F-2175848 FH KIDNAP

https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/search_results_print.jsp

Not looking for the posts, no expert in this, but upthread a local indicated that HAB is short for Habitation in this case, this was a burglary of a Habitation/home rather than a business.

I'd call him habitual, sure, but IDK if the legal system does that?

Does the term habitual appear in this or another record?

jmho ymmv lrr

Not looking for the posts, no expert in this, but upthread a local indicated that HAB is short for Habitation in this case, this was a burglary of a Habitation/home rather than a business.

jmho ymmv lrr

Yes, I think you pinpointed a small bit of confusion upthread. "Hab" in the text refers\ to burglary of a habited dwelling. Yes, the documents, when you drill down, do provide a place to classify the offender as habitual or career, and in his documents, they do NOT make that designation. It's possible that he has enough priors as a Juvenile that if he were an adult he might be classified as habitual, but we have no visibility into any Juvenile offenses if they exist.

When I saw rumors of this a week ago I was like, didn’t happen, no way they wouldn’t press charges. Now I’m like, so Cash’s death could have been prevented by so many people in so many ways. This baby was so failed.
im late, i was camping this past weekend but before i jump ahead, i think the ppl must have known him... relative or longtime neighbor. no way would they not press charges on a stranger doing all that.... ok off to play catch up.

And in that same link above about the assaulted neighbor and MS plea for mercy for DB, it goes on to explain that the new charges brought against DB yesterday, Friday, include Injury to a Child. It says in the final paragraph, I believe, that those charges are made when there is not certainty of evidence for Murder.

Oh gosh, excuse me. I forgot to go back and look for it. I saw it 4-5 days ago I think somewhere between page 12-15. I will see if I can find it.
I said this up thread, but I think the second burglary and “injury to child/elder/disabled” were related to the February incident and the injury charge was to gpa, and none of the kids involved at all.

DB Able/Unable to Sign?
@Curiosa20 sbm Thanks for taking the time to track this down. Good catch :) on Evading Misdemeanor "Arraignment Packet"* re typed notation "Defendant Incapable of Signing" and on a diff page, DB's handwritten signature, separated by 3 1/2 hours.
Why an "incapable" notation, apparently a discrepancy?

And thanks to @SandyQLS :) for posting links. my2ct
* p. 1. "Arraignment Sheet" .................. 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 2. "Instructions" "Preliminary" ........ 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 3. "Bond Condition Orders" ............ 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 4. "Election of Counsel".................. 4/27 11:17 pm..."Incapable of Signing"
p. 5. "Magistrate's Admonishment" …. 4/27 11:17 pm
p. 6. Financial Questionnaire" ............ 4/27 7:43 pm ... DB's Signature

^ 4/30 "Arraignment Packet" re: Misdemeanor, Evading Arrest Detention, M2155422
https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty.org/PublicAccessEP1/CriminalCourts
https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty...ViewDocument&overlay=Print&overrideFormat=PDF
If he was detained on a psych hold, he may have been unable to sign the first one due to being in the safety cell or the restraint chair.

jmho ymmv lrr
He has ‘t been convicted of anything. at least as an Adult. Therefore he is not a repeat or habitual Offender. And yes, those annotations of no habitual or repeat offender status are indicated on the Dallas County Criminal Record documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member