TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Now for some reason, LE has been real quiet about this case, usually in a high profile cases as this, they let the public know the evidence they gathered. Just my opinion."

As to the bolded portion of your statement above, I disagree. In my experience, in high profile cases, they RARELY reveal the gathered evidence to the public.

In fact, they tend to protect that type of information, as it can hinder their investigation if that evidence becomes public knowledge. Two main reasons:

---If they don't reveal the facts of the case, then they can distinguish between the people involved in the case from people blowing smoke.

---If they don't reveal the evidence they have, they keep the suspects in the dark and don't give them a chance to hide further evidence or reasons to flee the scene.
I agree I was seeing the last of the high profile case, the LE basically told the whole case. Just seemed odd to me that they haven't really said what they have that linked DB to this crime, except a positive identification from the homeowners. Otherwise they haven't said nothing. Except in the they may have found a possible murder weapon, but did not disclose anything about that. The quietness of LE just seemed odd. As far as I know, is that LE is on the clock, I'm sure the lawyer has filed for a speedy trial by now.

I agree I was seeing the last of the high profile case, the LE basically told the whole case. Just seemed odd to me that they haven't really said what they have that linked DB to this crime, except a positive identification from the homeowners. Otherwise they haven't said nothing. Except in the they may have found a possible murder weapon, but did not disclose anything about that. The quietness of LE just seemed odd. As far as I know, is that LE is on the clock, I'm sure the lawyer has filed for a speedy trial by now.

I feel like the prolonged silence in this case reflects the difficulty to establish or comprehend a motive, to get inside the suspect's head and fully understand why. If I'm right, they'll just give up and chalk it up to mental breakdown when they are ready to release all the facts and circumstances.

I feel like the prolonged silence in this case reflects the difficulty to establish or comprehend a motive, to get inside the suspect's head and fully understand why. If I'm right, they'll just give up and chalk it up to mental breakdown when they are ready to release all the facts and circumstances.
Motive is not required to be known to press charges. LE doesn't need to know why someone committed a crime for LE to charge someone with a crime. A jury doesn't need to know motive (though juries like to know).

LE has stated that more charges are expected when forensics are complete. I am taking their word for it and am assuming forensices are not yet complete.

jmo

I’m confused on the connection between the grandfather who was assaulted and MS?

How did MS know about this incident?
There is a police Incisent Report dated Feb 8, the day of the run in at rhe G father’s. who purportedly lives 2 doors away from MS, according to earliest news of that encounter.
That Police Report indicates that it was reported at 7527 Florina Pkwy, the Sherrod, Gernon, Mori, Pinkerton et al “troubled youth” and adult fugitives “safe house.”
The Incident Report indicates that Burglar had occurred at that address. Darriynn Brown and another man were questioned. Darriyn was taken for evaluation to Parkland, according to a rehash of facts made by Lt Wise during the community meeting. DB was released. Charges were not brought as the Inxident was closed as notes on the Incisent Report Cleared for Exceptional Means.

And why would she tell the grandfather not to press charges, why would that benefit her? Why would she do that for DB?
Out of the goodness of her heart?
What protect him and not the twins?
When he has been terrorizing the entire neighborhood?

And why would the grandfather listen to what she said instead of DB’s parents?
The laws in the state of texas dont allow a subject to deny pressing charges on a burglary, possible kidnapping or breaking and entering. Should the victim not want to pursue charges the state usually takes up the case wonder why it did not happen here.
The laws in the state of texas dont allow a subject to deny pressing charges on a burglary, possible kidnapping or breaking and entering. Should the victim not want to pursue charges the state usually takes up the case wonder why it did not happen here.
No, that is incorrect. In the US there are 4 reasons why charges may not be filed, for Burglary and several other offenses. One of those reasons is that the person who claimed an offense or crime occurred opts out of filing charges.
I see it happen all the time.
That appears to be what happened here- and why he was not arrested and it ended up Cleared by Exceptional Means.
JMO, after Cash was killed, LE went back to talk to the Gfather and charges were filed.

Offenses Cleared

Trying to catch up.
Thank you so much for posting the community meeting video.
I am having trouble replying to posts without repeatedly trying to separate out my text from body of quoted messages. . Excuse me if my replies are tangled up with the quoted information.

I wonder if his mom was very nice and if he was clearly mentally ill or developmentally disabled. It would be very difficult in that case. If he was just a troublemaker forget it. I grew up with a schizophrenic neighbor who lived with his very kind parents and my parents taught me compassion and to try not to act scared because he is different and be kind. Even though he was constantly pacing and talking to himself, sometimes loud and animated and at times seemed angry (but never at real people). We tried to get the other neighbor kids and our visiting friends to be kind too. BUT if he was breaking in or exposing himself that would have been a much, much harder situation. The neighborhood parents would have to act.

I am no expert and I am sure there is a lot of variation, but I can never imagine the guy with schizophrenia in my neighborhood being capable of plotting a crime, cleaning up a crime, sneaking around effectively. JMO
That's the thing though, he wasn't just walking around and making noise. He was breaking into cars and being violent. I can't imagine it was easy. But yeah, I agree, maybe they felt bad for his mother and tried to just suck it up.

That's the thing though, he wasn't just walking around and making noise. He was breaking into cars and being violent. I can't imagine it was easy. But yeah, I agree, maybe they felt bad for his mother and tried to just suck it up.

At some point his actions, whether he’s challenged or not, cross over the line from tolerable to intolerable. Breaking into a house, assaulting a grandpa and grabbing a two year old is over the line, in anyone’s book. Is it grandpa’s fault? No, of course not. Is it anyone’s fault for not reporting him previously? No, I don’t think so. Not even the police’s fault, if they are short handed with major crimes like murders, rapes, drug cartels and gang violence. Dallas is a BIG place. It’s the fault of the perp. Could he have turned out differently if someone had recognized the problems he faced while he was younger and received appropriate care? But this leads us down a different rabbit hole.
I truly hope the “See something, say something” quote becomes the norm.

At some point his actions, whether he’s challenged or not, cross over the line from tolerable to intolerable. Breaking into a house, assaulting a grandpa and grabbing a two year old is over the line, in anyone’s book. Is it grandpa’s fault? No, of course not. Is it anyone’s fault for not reporting him previously? No, I don’t think so. Not even the police’s fault, if they are short handed with major crimes like murders, rapes, drug cartels and gang violence. Dallas is a BIG place. It’s the fault of the perp. Could he have turned out differently if someone had recognized the problems he faced while he was younger and received appropriate care? But this leads us down a different rabbit hole.
I truly hope the “See something, say something” quote becomes the norm.
I think I've read he was reported on some occasions though.

No, that is incorrect. In the US there are 4 reasons why charges may not be filed, for Burglary and several other offenses. One of those reasons is that the person who claimed an offense or crime occurred opts out of filing charges.
I see it happen all the time.
That appears to be what happened here- and why he was not arrested and it ended up Cleared by Exceptional Means.
JMO, after Cash was killed, LE went back to talk to the Gfather and charges were filed.

Offenses Cleared
Domestic violence is a no drop policy once filed. I don’t know about not pressing charges once police are aware of it. But I think bc not reporting a felony is a crime, if police are aware of DV, they’ll pursue it. Write it up and present to the DA.

Domestic violence is a no drop policy once filed. I don’t know about not pressing charges once police are aware of it. But I think bc not reporting a felony is a crime, if police are aware of DV, they’ll pursue it. Write it up and present to the DA.
That is true about DV. And is some states, the State will charge for certain DV offenses, even tho the victim didn’t.
But those are other matters not related to these.
Did I miss something?

This is not a court of law. We are not jurors on this case. This is a crime forum where we discuss crimes. And we’re allowed to share our thoughts and opinions as long as it’s within TOS.

We don’t know what other evidence the police have since that has not been released.

I personally believe they have more evidence than the video clip and sworn affidavits from MS & KM. moo This is my opinion.

You are free to share your opinions as well.

I personally think LE has much more evidence than we are aware of, possibly the clothing the perp wore in the vid. Such as backpack, glasses, etc. There also could be several neighboring cameras that caught the perp carrying little Cash, which hasn't been released yet. The perp went somewhere after abducting little Cash, with or without the little guy. If LE believes he acted alone, that is good enough for me. LE has access to the evidence.

The caretaker must have had a reason to tell DB to stay away from the kids. To me that shows concern for the children's safety. There must have been a reason. For a caretaker to tell someone to stay away from the kids, to me, is stating the caretaker is trying to keep the kids from potential danger.

On another note, for DB to apologize to gpa two weeks after attempting to abduct the 2 year old, to me shows he remembers, and he knows it was wrong. I can possibly understand a victim agreeing to a mental commitment vs jail stay, however I would make certain that perp was indeed in a mental hospital and not walking the streets. If the incident involving the two year old was not domestic, how could DB be out roaming the neighborhood two weeks later.

All my opinion. This case is heartbreaking, No child should ever had to go through that terror.

If he was really walking down the street exposing himself, then we can figure out what his motive for the kidnapping might be...:(
Not really or necessarily. Motive and motivating or underlying factors are vastly different.
Let’s see what kind of a complaint that guy files. He also said during the meeting, that he had been threatened. I wonder what that was about? I feel threatened sometimes but it’s about what I perceive as danger or lack of security.
Was it more than rantings of a delusional 18 year old? Was the indecent exposure a separate occurrence ? I hope he files charges; he and bis wife said they have videos.

Or it goes back to psychosis.
Possibly it is just part of his possible mental illness and not an indication of a sexual motive.

But being a childhood survivor of sexual abuse, I went to a survivors therapy group for quite awhile. And they had a 'continuum' they spoke about, which showed the behaviour patterns of sexual offenders---in a continuum of how they unfold.

At one end, there is sexual assault, rape, murder.

At the beginning stages, the offender exhibits certain early behaviours such as making obscene phone calls, being a 'peeping tom' and/or public masturbation. So when I see that he has done two of those things---sneaking around at night looking over fences and into windows, and exposing himself, then I have to wonder if he is going to escalate that behaviour

Alleged motive comes at trial, from the DA/the prosecution , based on their office’s investigation, not the police making charges for an alleged crime.
And no, LE nor any officials just give up and write any given offense off as a mental breakdown.

33 minute mark a neighbor who reported Db repeatedly states they reported DB at 6:44pm the Friday night before Cash was found.
DB was walking down their street exposing himself. smh

Would I be reading this correctly by thinking DB was exposing himself on the street 10 hours before Cash was taken?

Thanks

I don’t believe nor do I have indication that anyone there felt sorry for his mother, much less has anyone expressed sympathy for her or has referred to her as a nice person. <modsnip: Discussing moderation is not allowed>

Would I be reading this correctly by thinking DB was exposing himself on the street 10 hours before Cash was taken?

Thanks
An irate resident claimed that during the community meeting with officials and LE.
He hadn’t filed a complaint, either.
What was most clear to me during the meeting was that residents of Sugar berry Hill in particular and the Mountain Creek subdivision, are clearly woefully under served by the Dallas Police.
I heard most of them pleading for reliable law enforcement presence.
I believe 2, two, not a multitude, made a soecifix refernece to DB having said or done something that frightened or outraged them.

<modsnip>
Maybe it wasn't revenge. Maybe it was . . . "you can't come over because you tried to take that child in February. Now we don't want you to be around these two young ones because you might hurt them."

So he tries to remove the children so he can be allowed at MS's house again. I don't think he as normal thought processes, at all, so you never know.

JMO
Or it was deluded payback while psychotic.
I know many think I’m crazy, but I still don’t believe without a reasonable doubt that he acted alone or that he even broke in for that matter.
Yes, I saw the 3 seconds of video of him picking up Cash and heading towards the door, but I haven’t seen him entering the house or walking out and about up the streets and alleys with him. Or his clothes. Or weapon.
I did hear Lt Wise say he entered at 04:53 or 04:57? Does anyone have that time?
I hope this goes to trial so it can all
come out.
There is so much that could have been done to prevent this tragedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member