GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I"m glad we got to hear first hand the closing arguments. I watched and then came here a read the tweets and the tweets left a lot to be desired! I am grateful for everyone for posting the tweets for us throughout the trial. It was a big commitment and I recognize your effort and am grateful for you!

And I'm willing to bet that while it was "nice" to have the tweets during the rest of the trial, they left a lot to be desired, as well. Without hearing EVERYTHING presented in court, we are missing out on the nuances, the little things that may sway a juror one way or the other.

I really felt the prosecution nailed it with closing arguments. I have a really really hard time with the defense lawyers, the older guy especially. The younger one just seemed really green. Regardless when the prosecution laid it out at the end it focused everything down to exactly why EA is guilty. JMO

Yes, I think he's guilty, but I think this had to do with drugs, and not getting what he wanted. Someone texted HF from EA's phone inquiring about the good rock. Wanting to buy an insane amount. EA has purchased drugs from HF before. I think maybe that's why Christina got in the car with him- so he could score some dope. When she couldn't deliver, things went south. JMO, of course. I've thought this from the beginning.
He bought from HF before? When was that mentioned?

And I'm willing to bet that while it was "nice" to have the tweets during the rest of the trial, they left a lot to be desired, as well. Without hearing EVERYTHING presented in court, we are missing out on the nuances, the little things that may sway a juror one way or the other.

Well hopefully they have a sharp foreperson that keeps them focused on the evidence and facts, rather than the nuances or insinuations (by either side)

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 6m6 minutes ago
Sheriff's deputies said jury could continue until 8 to 10 p.m. before the judge sends them home #arochitrial

I really felt the prosecution nailed it with closing arguments. I have a really really hard time with the defense lawyers, the older guy especially. The younger one just seemed really green. Regardless when the prosecution laid it out at the end it focused everything down to exactly why EA is guilty. JMO
Agree! Couldn't have asked for a better closing argument. I admit I expected, or at least hoped for, more compelling evidence. But the closing reminded me there's enough!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I thought this was interesting:

@vlwigg Do you remember what Gore called the Judge and referred to him by that name to the Jury?! #arochitrial

@vlwigg "Drill Sergeant" How weird was that?

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 25m25 minutes ago
.@XXXXX It was reference to terms used during jury selectio #arochitrial

Just checking in to say waiting patiently with all of you. What a long 2 years it has been.

My thoughts and prayers are with Christina's family and friends as they wait for the verdict. How difficult it must be for them.

Many thanks to those that kept us updated through tweets and from the court room throughout the trial.

:grouphug:

Thanks for link !! Just wondering what the Judge is doing during the Defense closing argument ?? looks like he is playing on his cell phone and not paying attention LOL:facepalm:

I see a lot of judges do this - it makes me wonder if they are able to see a live transcript as it is being typed or something - but it could just be meditative contemplation - that was the only way I could make it through more than 10 minutes of the defense talking (and not just because I didn't like what he said, it was just hard to listen to)

Were they able to get Christina's phone records? If so, surely if she had called Uber (ridiculous) it would have shown on her phone?

Were they able to get Christina's phone records? If so, surely if she had called Uber (ridiculous) it would have shown on her phone?

Yes, they had her records. The whole Uber thing was one of those "what ifs" that the defense attorney brought up in closing arguments. He was "what iffing" all over the place. He said perhaps she had an app, so no records. (Which is wrong, there are records when you use the app.)

Exactly. If anything the green kia provides a good example for the jury of what circumstantial means.

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 48s48 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
NO VERDICT but the jury has sent out a note. Don't know what the question is. #arochitrial

I believe Uber is only done through the app. My experience was schedule, pay, rate etc through the app on my phone.. Had an Uber driver call me one time to verify pickup location but that was rare I thought? Anyhow, yes.. a silly idea that obviously didn't hold up. Moo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just checking in to say waiting patiently with all of you. What a long 2 years it has been.

My thoughts and prayers are with Christina's family and friends as they wait for the verdict. How difficult it must be for them.

Many thanks to those that kept us updated through tweets and from the court room throughout the trial.

:grouphug:

Thanks to you Coldpizza for keeping us on track since the beginning ... those early days couldn't have been a lot of fun for you. :) Prayers for Christina's family indeed.

[video=twitter;778357344589590528]https://twitter.com/vlwigg/status/778357344589590528[/video]

How late will the jury be allowed to stay? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member