GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #40 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trial is set for Sept 6 and they expect it to go . Other words no more re sets .

TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have any of TeamChristina also been following the Heather Elvis case?

Last week's trial was the first I'd watched in full and in real time, it has many similarities with Christina's case (young girl disappeared at night, no body has ever been found, the last man known to have contact with her standing trial for kidnapping). I found the whole trial very interesting and for a non-American sometimes baffling but one thing that struck me that could be relevant here was how much information the prosecution were able to obtain from phone records and phone back ups on computers, I hope they will be able to do the same for CMs and EAs phones and maybe lead us to where he left Christina.

Having watched the Sidney Moorer trial I'm convinced that EA won't take the stand and that the defence probably won't have any witnesses either and I'm confident that with a skilled prosecuter there won't be any reasonable doubt

I haven't been on in a while, but still praying for Christina's family, and that they will find her, one day.

:candle:

Tomorrow is Christinas birthday. Still thinking of you daily. Your justice is coming.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Happy 25th Birthday Christina. So sad that she is not with her family and friends today.
Jonni's fb post and the cake she baked moved me to tears. I really hope that this family gets answers and peace soon. Sending positive thoughts to them on this day.

Happy birthday beautiful Christina! Thinking and praying for you and your family constantly.

Happy birthday Christina - I can't believe how long it has been since we all feverishly started following your disappearance.

You deserve to be found and come home. Your family deserves peace and justice. EA deserves everything coming to him - no matter how long it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I would assume that if a plea bargain was gonna happen, it would have been done by now. Only 5 weeks until trial... Any thoughts?

Well, I would assume that if a plea bargain was gonna happen, it would have been done by now. Only 5 weeks until trial... Any thoughts?

As long as she isn't found, he probably believes he can get off. Of course, he might be holding onto to that info in case they go for the death penalty. Texas is one state that will impose it and he might try to give up her location to avoid it.

That would seem to be logical. But ....
1 The attempts by EA's defense to get evidence excluded from trial were an utter failure. I do think that disaster (for the defense) had (and still has) some potential to make EA start seeing the handwriting on the wall pre-trial.
2 I doubt EA's atty has some sort of pollyanna-ish thinking that EA is going to skate. He's more likely in "best outcome" mode instead.
3 FWIW EA's atty has proven in the past he has no hesitation to pursue a negotiated deal mid-trial, if he thinks it's to his client's advantage.
4 I have felt all along that there is some sort of disconnect between EA and reality, where he has some delusion in thinking he's going to get away with this ....
5 ...and it's going to take a light bulb coming on, in his brain, to make a deal happen. Will it ever light up? It might not, all the way to the needle.
6 I do think that EA's choices will get worse as we go along.

The trial should be interesting.

As long as she isn't found, he probably believes he can get off. Of course, he might be holding onto to that info in case they go for the death penalty. Texas is one state that will impose it and he might try to give up her location to avoid it.

I'd wager he could insulate himself from a death sentence NOW, and get something more besides, if he swapped before this trial begins. But imo his potential "reward' for that info is going to get smaller and smaller as time elapses, and unfortunately he's not smart enough to realize it.

Good points as usual SS.. I just wanted to stir things up a bit in here, since it has been so quiet (calm before the storm)..

I'd wager he could insulate himself from a death sentence NOW, and get something more besides, if he swapped before this trial begins. But imo his potential "reward' for that info is going to get smaller and smaller as time elapses, and unfortunately he's not smart enough to realize it.

He's got 5 weeks to think about it. You're probably right, though, he's probably not thinking hard enough about it. His attorney has a tough road ahead trying to defend him.

Just saw the #findchristina suv! We haven't forgotten about you. Praying and hoping you are found and back with your family soon!

Trial begins soon (less than 3 weeks). It may not be a very long one.

Went to Henry's last night, any time I'm at the shops I think of her. My best friend shared some thoughts she had on it while we sat on the patio. She thinks the ex owed someone money, and bartered with EA for a favor to sell CM to someone for money. While I think the scenario is very unlikely, it just made me realize how we truly don't know what happened to her once that video stopped. She is somewhere, I just hope she is found. Wouldn't it be amazing if she was found in the next couple of weeks? We have had a lot of rain, maybe it will help to surface some evidence!

Went to Henry's last night, any time I'm at the shops I think of her. My best friend shared some thoughts she had on it while we sat on the patio. She thinks the ex owed someone money, and bartered with EA for a favor to sell CM to someone for money. While I think the scenario is very unlikely, it just made me realize how we truly don't know what happened to her once that video stopped. She is somewhere, I just hope she is found. Wouldn't it be amazing if she was found in the next couple of weeks? We have had a lot of rain, maybe it will help to surface some evidence!

Even if we can find her backpack or bag. With that location and tracking of both EA's and Christina's cell phone pings maybe we can find her. However, I tend to believe it ended up in a dumpster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08