Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also evil. It truly can change someone's appearance.

Yes, stress, unresolved emotions...
Earlier in this thread there is a post of an old SM misdemeanor charged for possession of marijuana. I believe it's dated in the 90's.

500k seems low to me. Pretty sure the family would only have to come up with 10% of that (50k) for a bail bondsman? Anyone know how that all works?

It'a very low.

If he did, as reported, lead LE to Crystal's body, it's also more than bizarre as it points to confession.

There's no plausible explanation I can think of where a man can lead police to his missing wife's body without having confessed. Unless 'only' complicit in aiding disposal of the body. There's not been so much as a hint in that direction. What am I missing? I'm scouring Texas Law and getting nowhere fast.

Sorry in advance, can you use a dead person's finger print if the body isn't cold yet? I know (or at least think) it won't work if the finger is too cold from my own experience in winter weather lol.
Once you get in, you can disable the lock feature all together if you chose to.

IMO

The FBI can do it but a normal person can't unlock an iPhone with someone's finger if they don't have a pulse due to the sensor in Touch ID.

"fabricated text"

I'm specifically speaking of SM texting, not Paul's. Uncle Jeff noted he wasn't sure if those SM text were legit (paraphrasing).
'If' SM had CM phone he could have created conversation between them before he ditched it. That info should be verifiable in the sequence of events. SM said CM asked if he had water? Which may or may not be his attempt to coincide with the water bottles for Harvey photo sent from Paul's store. Have no idea, just my curious thoughts.
There are screenshots of the texts with the times. So it isn't based on what people said.

http://abc13.com/sheriff-realtors-murder-unravels-in-tearful-confession/2404499/

The video is old, but the updated title does say 'tear-filled confession"

I read that there is supposed to be an update by sheriff at 4 today. Not sure where, but I'll start looking. Please share if you find it before I do.

I bet he was crying for himself I'm sure it wasn't for Crystal. He is a disgrace of a man, "father" and ex-husband who has caused irreparable damage to his children's and Crystal's lives.

After the case is assigned a prosecutor, the prosecutor files an official criminal complaint with the court outlining the charges in detail. That's what sets the whole process in motion. From there he'll be assigned a court date, etc.

I think it must have been filed, because the uncle just posted that bail was set at 500k.

-Thanks for the info, i'm a novice.
I wonder if 500K is the max? Just curious.
What source is providing the updates?

ABC 13 is supposed to have new information on their 4:00pm CT (5pm ET, 3pm MT, 2pm PT) news.

This is a link to watch the news broadcast coming up in 5 minutes or so.

http://abc13.com/live/

First time posting about the gorgeous Crystal. I didn't know her and I live half a world away but this case captured my heart. She was not only gorgeous but seemed so happy and full of life.
i read through crystals twitter which is full of fun family times, references to her husband being the best dad and her daughter being a daddy's girl , happy photos and a loving beautiful wife and mother who seemed to be very positive and motivated. She said many things about her love for her children and about life being short....so very devastating that she's now gone. She appeared to be very involved in her children's lives.
steves twitter is very different. It is immature, almost
Ike a teenage boys twitter page not a grown man with a family. He rarely mentioned crystal and is a direct contrast to Crystals page. He seemed big on gaming and many references about being idle and seemed to laze around a bit ( my perception from reading).

it appears that Steve had a daughter ( older) called Krystard or if that's his nickname for her but there are references to her being his daughter. I haven't read that this has been bought up here? I wonder if he's been married before?

Irrespective of anything else, it was clear Steve was punching well above his weight being married to crystal. He's one extremely unattractive man with an unattractive personality but I can see what he saw in crystal. She was as cute as a button. If only she had chosen someone more fitting .....sigh

The FBI can do it but a normal person can't unlock an iPhone with someone's finger if they don't have a pulse due to the sensor in Touch ID.

Even the FBI has trouble unlocking iPhones. There was a terrorist case, if I remember correctly, where they tried to get Apple to help them but they wouldn't because of privacy concerns. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about Texas law for bail but in many jurisdictions there is no bail in homicide cases. I wonder if he is also charged under lesser charges like manslaughter or whether there was some deal in exchange for the confession.

I saw the update on her uncle's facebook page.

I think a number of things go into determining what the bail amount will be. The severity of the crime, how much a suspect can realistically be expected to come up with, etc. For example, a murderer who makes a million dollars a year isn't going to get a 500k bail; it will be a lot higher. But even so, I'm definitely confused as to why he was granted bail in the first place. I thought he confessed.

The Chambers County Sheriff's Office said details about Crystal McDowell's murder began to emerge this weekend after a tearful confession by her ex-husband.

Stephen Wayne McDowell, 44, is charged in Crystal's murder, who went missing before Hurricane Harvey's arrival.

Deputies stopped short of telling Eyewitness News how the 37-year-old woman died, awaiting the results of an autopsy.

More at link
http://abc13.com/sheriff-realtors-m...nfession/2404499/?fref=gc&dti=128750637722556

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Apparently Crystal had called police earlier in the year. That information will be talked about by the reporter on the 6pm CT newscast.

Several people who knew Crystal (friends/ family) told police they suspected her ex husband when she went missing
He confessed
Her body was found in woods near Needlepoint rd.
That's all I heard that was new info....

http://abc13.com/live/

It'a very low.

If he did, as reported, lead LE to Crystal's body, it's also more than bizarre as it points to confession.

There's no plausible explanation I can think of where a man can lead police to his missing wife's body without having confessed. Unless 'only' complicit in aiding disposal of the body. There's not been so much as a hint in that direction. What am I missing? I'm scouring Texas Law and getting nowhere fast.

Yeah, we're basically on the same exact page here. I've been scouring the internet as well! I guess he must have pled not-guilty? Though I've also read that you can choose not to plea at your first arraignment. If that's what happened, perhaps he was given bail because he was determined not to be a flight risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr