TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know the breakdown of who those who follow the case believe committed this murder. Man versus woman and then motive/connection. If only we could do polls here!

I personally think it was a man, who either knew of Liz tangentially and had some kind of weird fixation or just a complete stranger. I do not see a woman committing a crime such as this.
I think it's a man. Not because women don't commit murders, but the way he walked, ran, and also the voice analysis on the Arrin Stoner videos. I think he had someone else in the truck with him and I'd guess this is closer to their inner circle of family and friends than they might think. I also think that truck is long gone, probably in Mexico.

I think it's a man. Not because women don't commit murders, but the way he walked, ran, and also the voice analysis on the Arrin Stoner videos. I think he had someone else in the truck with him and I'd guess this is closer to their inner circle of family and friends than they might think. I also think that truck is long gone, probably in Mexico.
I also think, it is no woman, who killed Liz. It doesn't make sense in my eyes, to be dressed and styled like the person was, if it had been a woman.
Unfortunately I never heard the voice of the killer. I saw a video of the crime, but couldn't recognize any voice. I wonder, why the killer even spoke.

I would also like to point out that many, many unsolved murders of females with eye witness, CCTV, and other factors have high speculation the killer may be a woman. Missy Bevers, Florence Salon murders, The Lane Bryant shootings. I could name many more but thats what comes to mind at the moment.

I think it's a man. Not because women don't commit murders, but the way he walked, ran, and also the voice analysis on the Arrin Stoner videos. I think he had someone else in the truck with him and I'd guess this is closer to their inner circle of family and friends than they might think. I also think that truck is long gone, probably in Mexico
100% agree Centaurus. I should have explained it better in my first post. I based my opinion on it being a man because of the way the individual moved. They straight up just look like a man to me. The fact that men are much more likely to commit murder and more likely to use a gun to do so adds to my opinion. There is nothing really suggesting a woman other than the fact that the suspect cannot be definitively proved one way or the other from the evidence we have. In cases such as this, I think a lot of people like to jump to the murderer being a woman because it's more interesting for them to think of it that way and maybe some element of "see women can murder too!" motive. JMO.

I have never heard that the Lane Bryant shooter may be a woman. I thought there was a sketch and a surviving victim, not to mention SA?

100% agree Centaurus. I should have explained it better in my first post. I based my opinion on it being a man because of the way the individual moved. They straight up just look like a man to me. The fact that men are much more likely to commit murder and more likely to use a gun to do so adds to my opinion. There is nothing really suggesting a woman other than the fact that the suspect cannot be definitively proved one way or the other from the evidence we have. In cases such as this, I think a lot of people like to jump to the murderer being a woman because it's more interesting for them to think of it that way and maybe some element of "see women can murder too!" motive. JMO.

I have never heard that the Lane Bryant shooter may be a woman. I thought there was a sketch and a surviving victim, not to mention SA?
I have never heard SA in the Lane Bryant shootings.

I must respectfully disagree with this logic.

Have you hear of Kaitlin Armstong and Mo Wilson?

Texas, 2022. A woman in hear early 30s is gunned down at her apartment. The killers distinct Jeep is seen on Ring camera. The killer shoots the victim in the stomach a couple of times. As the victim lays supine, the killer shoots her in the head. The killer gets back in her Jeep, and drive by the victim on the ground before leaving. Sound familiar?

My biggest gripe with it possibly being a male is the boots. This person is wearing very feminine boots that go up almost to their knees. Would a man really go look for boots like that in his size just to carry out a hit?

IMHO females are MUCH more clever than men when it comes to things like disguises. As discussed earlier, there is the clown shooting and the astronaut with the exaggerate disguises which were both female (thats just a couple of examples). Of all the hours and hours of true crime I have digested, the most diabolical and complex murder plots were all by women or influenced by women. No shortage of not so bright dudes being manipulated into doing things based on false information or promises.

There is, one particular female in the 501st Legion that looks a heck of lot like the shooter in the footage. There is a whole branch of suspicious details that does not paint this woman in a good light for Liz's case. I think it is likely her in the footage but I admit I don't have rock solid proof and cannot hang my hat on it.

I have never heard SA in the Lane Bryant shootings.

I must respectfully disagree with this logic.

Have you hear of Kaitlin Armstong and Mo Wilson?

Texas, 2022. A woman in hear early 30s is gunned down at her apartment. The killers distinct Jeep is seen on Ring camera. The killer shoots the victim in the stomach a couple of times. As the victim lays supine, the killer shoots her in the head. The killer gets back in her Jeep, and drive by the victim on the ground before leaving. Sound familiar?

My biggest gripe with it possibly being a male is the boots. This person is wearing very feminine boots that go up almost to their knees. Would a man really go look for boots like that in his size just to carry out a hit?

IMHO females are MUCH more clever than men when it comes to things like disguises. As discussed earlier, there is the clown shooting and the astronaut with the exaggerate disguises which were both female (thats just a couple of examples). Of all the hours and hours of true crime I have digested, the most diabolical and complex murder plots were all by women or influenced by women. No shortage of not so bright dudes being manipulated into doing things based on false information or promises.

There is, one particular female in the 501st Legion that looks a heck of lot like the shooter in the footage. There is a whole branch of suspicious details that does not paint this woman in a good light for Liz's case. I think it is likely her in the footage but I admit I don't have rock solid proof and cannot hang my hat on it.
Yes I have heard of Kaitlin Armstrong and Mo Wilson. That's a very different situation in which there was a tumultuous relationship and love triangle. Not very suspicious or mysterious at all. If there was an equivalent relationship here, it would have been discovered early on. Of course, it's possible there was and the police just don't have any evidence to prove anything but I would think anything on the Armstrong/Wilson level would have leaked to the masses.

Idk, it's not that I don't think it's impossible it's a woman. I totally think women can be murderers and think it could still be possible in this case. Just not the most likely to me.

I will say, as someone else who has consumed lots of true crime, I must have a different definition of diabolical to you. Because the most disturbing true crime stories I have heard of are almost always carried out by male perpetrators who SA, mutilate, and tortured their victims, often very young teen girls and women.

I would love to know the breakdown of who those who follow the case believe committed this murder. Man versus woman and then motive/connection. If only we could do polls here!

I personally think it was a man, who either knew of Liz tangentially and had some kind of weird fixation or just a complete stranger. I do not see a woman committing a crime such as this.
I tend to lean toward the killer being a man simply because crimes of this nature are usually committed by a male. But I see enough to consider the killer being a woman so I haven't seen enough to completely go in one direction or another.

As for the truck if the killer used their own (and I doubt that) I don't believe they live close by Elizabeth. In fact, I believe the killer was using someone else's truck without the owner's knowledge. An example I've cited before is the case of a military person on a long term assignment or deployment and leaving their vehicle with a friend or relative. I've both left a vehicle with a friend or relative on more than one occasion - and on two of those instances my vehicle was 6-20 hours away from my residence and had a relative or friend leave their vehicle with me. If I had committed a crime using their vehicle they never would have known it if it couldn't be identified by video or a witness. As an example, a service member at Ft. Sam Houston (San Antonio) or Barksdale AFB (Shreveport LA) could have been a resident of the Houston area at one time and left their truck with someone in the Houston METRO area.

Yes I have heard of Kaitlin Armstrong and Mo Wilson. That's a very different situation in which there was a tumultuous relationship and love triangle. Not very suspicious or mysterious at all. If there was an equivalent relationship here, it would have been discovered early on. Of course, it's possible there was and the police just don't have any evidence to prove anything but I would think anything on the Armstrong/Wilson level would have leaked to the masses.

Idk, it's not that I don't think it's impossible it's a woman. I totally think women can be murderers and think it could still be possible in this case. Just not the most likely to me.

I will say, as someone else who has consumed lots of true crime, I must have a different definition of diabolical to you. Because the most disturbing true crime stories I have heard of are almost always carried out by male perpetrators who SA, mutilate, and tortured their victims, often very young teen girls and women.
Obviously men’s ones are more graphic and gruesome and straight forward.

Many, many of the women’s ones are just very complicated and tricky. The point is, I think women are much more clever and much more devious than men in true crime, less graphic and gorey sure.

And the KA and Mo Wilson story had a clear motivation, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a ton of similarities in Lizs case. To completely right of the high similarities is a little…weird.

I am not sure either way. I'd think, more likely, a young man, just out of teenage years, and an older man driving.

The case, as I have mentioned, reminds me of Dan Markel's murder. Definite motive "close to home", and a couple of intermediaries. Hope it will be solved.

I am not sure either way. I'd think, more likely, a young man, just out of teenage years, and an older man driving.

The case, as I have mentioned, reminds me of Dan Markel's murder. Definite motive "close to home", and a couple of intermediaries. Hope it will be solved.
The Dan Merkel murder?!?!? I didn't realize some possible similarities here. Like a lot of others I thought of the Missy Bevers case or the Marlene Warren murder in 1990's by a killer dressed as a clown. To be sure, I don't lean toward Missy's case as one where she was targeted but rather wrong place, wrong time by someone vandalizing the church. But this isn't Missy's thread.
The Dan Merkel murder. And there the wife's family members knew or suspected a connection between family members and the murder. What a tangled mess that case is and I believe more than one person was arrested or at the least a suspect.

The Dan Merkel murder - a extremely complex case - that was difficult to solve. Could that be the situation here? A case with so many twists and turns that LE can't look at just one POI, but rather many ?

This is not the first time I've talked about the truck (Nissan used to commit the crime) or about a truck that was pulled over shortly after the crime occurred. Yes, I am a broken record. My belief is that the truck (Nissan) is key to solving this case.

A be on the lookout (BOLO) was issued, a truck was pulled over, but then nothing more, the driver is let go? Why? Were there two different LE agencies handling this case? Miscommunication between LE? Nothing about the vehicle or in the vehicle or about the driver gave any red flags? Were items dropped off? Was an accomplice dropped off too prior to being pulled over?

How is a BOLO placed within minutes of a homicide, a truck apparently matching the description of the vehicle involved in the murder of Liz and that's it, nothing? Probably no probable cause to search?-- moo

-- Transcript below, no grammar corrections were made. Correct street spelling is Kuykendahl.
-- Linked Arrin Stoner video

timestamp 55:55
liz's killers should have been headed southbound on kaikendal at around 7am
no later than 701 am depending on which exit they took so even with this bolo being placed so
quickly at 705 am liz's killers still had a four to five minute head start on law enforcement
within that four to five minutes there are several roads liz's killers could have taken off kaikendal road south a
few of these roads are extremely rural making it easy for liz's killers to pull off the road and conceal the truck or
take side roads to their destination all while avoiding cameras

now this is the portion of the dispatch log where there is some confusion there is an entry at 7 1008 am
that states black nissan southbound kaikendal if i'm reading this right then this
means that an officer located a black nissan heading southbound on kaikandal road
however it does not state what model this black nissan is unfortunately when these documents were
released law enforcement blacked out portions of this document adding to the confusion

the next entry at 7 10 42 am states kaikendal slash fm 2920 westbound
fm 2920 stands for farm to market road which is a road that runs east to west
and intersects with kaikendal road on this google map i have circled where
kaikendal and fm 2920 intersect and the star marks the location of the
bahraz's home [Music] this entry continues the narrative that
a responding officer had located a black nissan heading southbound on kaikandal
road and that they were in pursuit of this vehicle as it turned westbound onto farm to market road
[Music]

the next entry at 7-1105 states hasn’t
initiated traffic stop yet this entry makes it seem as though this responding officer was indeed behind a
black nissan and had not yet pulled them over the next entry states 6225
fm 2920 on the south side of 2920 in this entry the officer is giving the
address where they pulled the black nissan over which is this location on screen now
(timestamp 58:39)

after this entry there is no more mention of the black nissan in this log in a separate document that was released
the vin for this black nissan that was pulled over has been blacked out making it impossible to determine the model of
the vehicle it's probable that the officer saw a black nissan and pulled it over

This is not the first time I've talked about the truck (Nissan used to commit the crime) or about a truck that was pulled over shortly after the crime occurred. Yes, I am a broken record. My belief is that the truck (Nissan) is key to solving this case.

A be on the lookout (BOLO) was issued, a truck was pulled over, but then nothing more, the driver is let go? Why? Were there two different LE agencies handling this case? Miscommunication between LE? Nothing about the vehicle or in the vehicle or about the driver gave any red flags? Were items dropped off? Was an accomplice dropped off too prior to being pulled over?

How is a BOLO placed within minutes of a homicide, a truck apparently matching the description of the vehicle involved in the murder of Liz and that's it, nothing? Probably no probable cause to search?-- moo

-- Transcript below, no grammar corrections were made. Correct street spelling is Kuykendahl.

no later than 701 am depending on which exit they took so even with this bolo being placed so
quickly at 705 am liz's killers still had a four to five minute head start on law enforcement
within that four to five minutes there are several roads liz's killers could have taken off kaikendal road south a
few of these roads are extremely rural making it easy for liz's killers to pull off the road and conceal the truck or

now this is the portion of the dispatch log where there is some confusion there is an entry at 7 1008 am
that states black nissan southbound kaikendal if i'm reading this right then this
means that an officer located a black nissan heading southbound on kaikandal road
however it does not state what model this black nissan is unfortunately when these documents were
released law enforcement blacked out portions of this document adding to the confusion

road and that they were in pursuit of this vehicle as it turned westbound onto farm to market road
[Music]

initiated traffic stop yet this entry makes it seem as though this responding officer was indeed behind a
address where they pulled the black nissan over which is this location on screen now

after this entry there is no more mention of the black nissan in this log in a separate document that was released
the vin for this black nissan that was pulled over has been blacked out making it impossible to determine the model of
the vehicle it's probable that the officer saw a black nissan and pulled it over

Wasn’t it also pulled over some other time before the shooting?

The Dan Merkel murder?!?!? I didn't realize some possible similarities here. Like a lot of others I thought of the Missy Bevers case or the Marlene Warren murder in 1990's by a killer dressed as a clown. To be sure, I don't lean toward Missy's case as one where she was targeted but rather wrong place, wrong time by someone vandalizing the church. But this isn't Missy's thread.
The Dan Merkel murder. And there the wife's family members knew or suspected a connection between family members and the murder. What a tangled mess that case is and I believe more than one person was arrested or at the least a suspect.

The Dan Merkel murder - a extremely complex case - that was difficult to solve. Could that be the situation here? A case with so many twists and turns that LE can't look at just one POI, but rather many ?

My feeling is, the person who was interested in Liz being killed had a common, practical reason. It always comes to so very few, doesn’t it?

But between the source of interest and that gun there are probably two degrees of separation, hence, it is so difficult to solve it.

[Music]

Yes, I've always wondered about this truck, seems too much of a coincidence to not be involved, but WHY would there have been no report on the outcome of that traffic stop??

The pulled over truck is an interesting coincidence but LE knows exactly who that was and I have no doubt they looked for a connection to Liz. If the transcript is legit in the first place, which we don't really know.
The transcript is directly from the creator (Arrin Stoner) via the YT video.

Wasn’t it also pulled over some other time before the shooting?
Totally unaware of this, and dont believe this to be true, unless you're able to provide a link. Thank you in advance, with much respect.
moo
Do we know for sure that LE never followed up with this vehicle at a later time?
No, as you know, the public (even Liz's family) is not privy to most of what LE know about their investigation. moo

That truck, in Texas at that time would have been somewhat a rare bird. Chevys & Fords dominate Texas. The fact a Black Nissan truck matching the killer's was in the immediate area at the time of the murder is interesting, and I can only hope that this driver who "had good reason to be in the area" was ruled out by something other than just having a good reason to be in the area. If someone kills their next door neighbor, they have good reason to be in the area, but it doesn't mean that they didn't kill their next door neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aggie_C