GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is a recent case in Texas in which the perpetrator repeatedly failed to comply with his terms of probation.

Phony 'Texas Ranger' headed to prison for probation violations

*snip*

Davis had failed seven times to report to probation officers, traveled outside Bexar County, his county of residence, without permission, failed to pay his fine and probation fees and failed to complete any community service work.

“He said that the judge did not have any authority over him, nor did the court,”

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Phony-Texas-Ranger-headed-to-prison-for-10763982.php

:nuts:

Disappointed that dad Couch gets a years probation now instead of serving time. He also has to service 100 hours community service. From what I remember he had a previous record.....so why are the courts so easy this time? Because if over crowding? Maybe if courts were tougher not as many would commit crimes....something is wrong with our system.

Cannot link as I am on ipad, but info from Star Telegram, Dec. 14, 2016.

Now to wait for mom Couch....will she get off easy too?

Tonya Couch was scheduled for a hearing today, Jan. 9, 2017. As of yet, I have not found any reporting that this took place.

She was to plead not guilty of hindering the apprehension of a felon. Per CNN Jan9, 2017. On iPad and cannot post link. Sorry

Why was the mom arrested for helping her son escape charges of drinking while on probation?

They should have not charged the mom at all. Jmo.

If anything. Charge the judge that gave this mass murderer the most lenient sentence of all time.

So why blame the mom for helping her son escape; While the judge is off the hook for not originaly sentencing this kid to 40years. Jmo

Aiding and abetting a fugitive. She funded his escape. Mommy dearest and Daddy enabled this spoiled brat. The judge is to blame too IMO for the lenient sentence.

https://www.fortworthinjuryattorneyblog.com/2017/01/affluenza-teen-case-update.html

A great article about EC and his parents by:

JANUARY 17, 2017
Affluenza Teen Case Update
by William K. Berenson

EC has one more year of his 2 year sentence. He then will be on probation until 2014 and cannot use drugs, liquor, nor can he drive. If he violates these rules he will be in jail for 20 years.

Tonya Couch is still awaiting trial on ''aiding and abetting" her son to flee to Mexico. She works as a bartender. (I did just read that she was fired because of all the media attention she was getting, I will try and find that article).

Fred Couch was found guilty of pretending to be a police officer.

This next part is word for word from the article...to me it said alot:

''My young client has a horrific brain injury and cannot move. The surviving families will always mourn their grievous losses. The New York Times wrote about about this heart breaking story and asked about the court’s lenient punishment:

Bill Berenson, a lawyer for Mr. Molina’s parents, said his clients were stunned by the sentence. “Their son is paralyzed, four people are dead and the perpetrator gets his wrists slapped,” he said. “How could they not feel that his affluence kept him from serving time?”

Now Couch is the poster boy of young drunk drivers and over privileged youth who are not punished by the court system. For example, when the Stanford freshman swimmer Brock Turner raped an unconscious woman in January of 2015 and was only given six months in jail, then only served three, another international outcry erupted with his sentence compared to Couch’s.

So this horrendous case case is not over and never will be."

https://www.fortworthinjuryattorneyblog.com/2017/01/affluenza-teen-case-update.html

A great article about EC and his parents by:

JANUARY 17, 2017
Affluenza Teen Case Update
by William K. Berenson

EC has one more year of his 2 year sentence. He then will be on probation until 2014 and cannot use drugs, liquor, nor can he drive. If he violates these rules he will be in jail for 20 years.

Tonya Couch is still awaiting trial on ''aiding and abetting" her son to flee to Mexico. She works as a bartender. (I did just read that she was fired because of all the media attention she was getting, I will try and find that article).

Fred Couch was found guilty of pretending to be a police officer.

This next part is word for word from the article...to me it said alot:

''My young client has a horrific brain injury and cannot move. The surviving families will always mourn their grievous losses. The New York Times wrote about about this heart breaking story and asked about the court’s lenient punishment:

Bill Berenson, a lawyer for Mr. Molina’s parents, said his clients were stunned by the sentence. “Their son is paralyzed, four people are dead and the perpetrator gets his wrists slapped,” he said. “How could they not feel that his affluence kept him from serving time?”

Now Couch is the poster boy of young drunk drivers and over privileged youth who are not punished by the court system. For example, when the Stanford freshman swimmer Brock Turner raped an unconscious woman in January of 2015 and was only given six months in jail, then only served three, another international outcry erupted with his sentence compared to Couch’s.

So this horrendous case case is not over and never will be."

That article doesn't even make any sense, and it was supposedly written by a lawyer. :facepalm:

MsJose said:
from the article:
EC has one more year of his 2 year sentence. He then will be on probation until 2014 and cannot use drugs, liquor, nor can he drive. If he violates these rules he will be in jail for 20 years....

2014? or should that be 2024?? TIA!

EC attorneys have asked the Texas Supreme Court to release EC from jail because
"The lawyers claim in a court filing that the judge who sentenced Couch to nearly two years behind bars after his case was moved from juvenile court to adult court didn’t have the authority to do so."

"Couch's attorneys have argued that state District Judge Wayne Salvant should have been removed from the case and that he overstepped his bounds in transferring the case to adult court and sentencing Couch to jail time."

The September 2016 motion was denied and then the Appellate Court denied the same motion in Feb 2017. The motion was filed on Friday but no date was given as to when the Texas Supreme Court will give an answer.

Both links have the same article. The Trial Diaries posted the information and link first from the Dallas News.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...orneys-ask-texas-supreme-court-intervene-case

http://thetrialdiaries.com/affluenz...to-texas-supreme-court-for-release-from-jail/

So glad he will remain behind bars. You are right he isn't serving nearly as much time as he should be serving.

Little comic relief.

http://www.wfaa.com/entertainment/t...-pizza-order-was-a-clue-on-jeopardy/431324061

''Ethan Couch, the notorious “affluenza teen” from Burleson, Texas, once again had his name on the national television stage Thursday evening.
This time, though, it wasn’t for an international manhunt or his lawyers’ latest plot to get him released from jail.
Couch was a clue on the game show Jeopardy!''

Does anyone know when Tanya Couch will have next court date or when trial is? Last court date was Jan. 9, 2017 in Ft. Worth courts. I really would,hate to see her slip out of these charges and walk free just because she has a job.

Thanks.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/tarrant-countys-ethan-couch-wants-out-of-jail-9290422

I found this article, but can't read it.... published 3-21-17. Anyone read what it says?

TIA!

Here's a quote from it:

Ethan Couch, the Tarrant County teen who killed four people while driving drunk in 2013, petitioned the Texas Supreme Court for early release from Tarrant County Jail late last week.

Couch, jailed last year for violating probation, says that the judge who sentenced him to nearly two years in prison after Couch's case was moved from juvenile court to adult didn't have the right to do so.

Trying to figure out when EC will be released....

April 13, 2016 he was sentenced to 180 days times 4

That is almost 2 years, so his release date is sometime April 2018 with 10 years probation....is that about right?

Will he be allowed contact with his parents who have their own criminal issues? I would think not.

Has he paid the settlements to the families of those he killed? I know the case were settled but did he pay up...or did daddy....or insurance maybe?

Anyone hear if mom went to court yet? Dad did, but why is it taking mom so long to go to court?

Thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back