TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To clear something up, in order to make calls from an itouch it must be the newest version, 4th generation. Older ones cannot do it. If Hailey got hers for Christmas last year it would not have been the newest version.

My friend's DD has an older version (I believe it is 2nd gen) and she can still use it as a phone...she just needs a microphone since the earlier versions don't have one built-in. My friend's DD uses her earbuds with a microphone to do it.

I'm guessing that the neighbor might have been correct. How would BD know if she was on the phone inside or outside when she was not there? We know what we would like to believe our kids do when we are gone, but now that mine are grown, turns out that what I 'thought' they were doing while I was at work was not always the case.

The neighbor had no reason to lie about it, I think. He may creep us out, but neighbors who have a vantage point usually do see more than we realize.

I had a creepy neighbor once (young mother with a new baby at home) who one day said to me, "I see you have a dog crate now in the family room. Are you getting a puppy?" Her house was on the opposite side of my driveway and the only way she would have known this was if she was looking through my patio door that faced her house. She also commented on the fact that I was exercising more than she was because, apparently, she watched me while I was Sweating to the Oldies with Richard Simmons on my TV. Needless to say, we shut the blinds a lot more after that.

Exactly! And I believe there's been more then 1 'witness' to this talking in the yard "all the time" scenario.

OMG! That's really CREEPY! I think I would've MOVED! Or at least reported her as a "Peeping Tom"..There should be a diff title for a female ya think? Anyway, I'm pretty sure you could have done that but it may have made the situation worse..Blinds down is a good idea but it would still freak me out she was CREEPING around my house!

"KTAB's Victor Sotelo reports investigators are now trying to track down every location in Colorado City where Hailey might have used a computer. The teen didn't have internet access at her mother's home and often logged on at the library, according to investigators."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=330096

Billie Dean told KTAB News all the back-and-forth along with people beginning to point the finger at her and her family is very frustrating.

“It’s completely ridiculous how people who don’t know me judge me or my home life or the way I parent," said Dunn. "I feel like I’m a wonderful mom. Although I lost my daughter, I did the best I could and I will continue to do so.”

Am I being paranoid or is the word LOST bothersome?

Billie Dean told KTAB News all the back-and-forth along with people beginning to point the finger at her and her family is very frustrating.

“It’s completely ridiculous how people who don’t know me judge me or my home life or the way I parent," said Dunn. "I feel like I’m a wonderful mom. Although I lost my daughter, I did the best I could and I will continue to do so.”

Does anyone else think that quote sounds weird? I try not to pick apart quotes because (Lord knows) I've said some things in my life that didn't sound like what I meant them to say, but her saying "I lost my daughter" just seems weird. Probably nothing. I hope she isn't giving up hope. :(

Please, everyone understand that the NG transcripts sometimes are not word for word. And sometimes one word can make all the difference.

True, but I watched the show and this transcript seems accurate to me.

Thanks teh.

I'd better not comment, or I'd have to ban myself.

Does anyone else think that quote sounds weird? I try not to pick apart quotes because (Lord knows) I've said some things in my life that didn't sound like what I meant them to say, but her saying "I lost my daughter" just seems weird. Probably nothing. I hope she isn't giving up hope. :(

Not to me...I always think the missing are lost meaning there still change they be found.

JMO

Lots of past tense here. "lost" my daughter, "did the best I could" ... gosh, I hope she isn't giving up or giving in.

Keep fighting B!

Exactly! And I believe there's been more then 1 'witness' to this talking in the yard "all the time" scenario.

OMG! That's really CREEPY! I think I would've MOVED! Or at least reported her as a "Peeping Tom"..There should be a diff title for a female ya think? Anyway, I'm pretty sure you could have done that but it may have made the situation worse..Blinds down is a good idea but it would still freak me out she was CREEPING around my house!

I left out the part about her using her baby monitor to listen in on us, too...THAT was really creepy. Her neighbor on the other side told us to be careful about that -- that she was known for doing that sort of thing and that she, in fact, had commented gleefully one day that she was able to 'listen in' on us because we had the same brand of baby monitor set to the same station. She was definitely a Gladys in training. We did move away a few years later. Last I knew, she was still there.

Sorry if this has been posted, hard to keep up when time is short but a quick question: has it been posted whether or not the North TX Anti-Trafficking Team has been contacted?
TIA.

ETA- also Innocent Images National Initiative? It would be out of the Dallas field office.

"KTAB's Victor Sotelo reports investigators are now trying to track down every location in Colorado City where Hailey might have used a computer. The teen didn't have internet access at her mother's home and often logged on at the library, according to investigators."

:

If she was logging on at 6:30 a.m. on weekend mornings, she was logging on at other places than the public library. That 6:30 thing was reported in yesterday's thread, I believe.

(Can you tell that I have a Snow Day today?)

Texas Department of Public Safety Senior Trooper Sparky Dean previously said investigators would spend Tuesday following up on the dozens of leads they're receiving each day. Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer noted Monday those leads are taking law enforcement in multiple directions. He went on to label the criminal side of the case "extremely aggressive."

Well, I am extremely pleased to see something going on here. Maybe this means they are making progress with those not giving consistent time line information.

Post # 1

Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.

Thanks Patty. Unfortunately this seems to be a case where we could use someone to verify what they tell us, too. I'm getting whiplash from all the back and forth and mixed messages. :eek:uch:

Praying something will break - soon.

Can someone off the top of their noodle tell me if DD was at BD's on Sunday afternoon and Sunday night? I can't remember, lol.

Really? Which apps? I had no idea it could be done.

My DD has an iPod Touch and it *can* be used to make/receive free calls IF you know what you are doing. It requires downloading a couple of free apps and it is only usable on wifi, but it absolutely CAN be done.

Thank you for sharing this! Do you need a mic for this? By chance do you know what apps? My 13 year old son also got one for Christmas in 2009. I can't believe he hasn't figured this out-- he will be ecstatic!

Can someone off the top of their noodle tell me if DD was at BD's on Sunday afternoon and Sunday night? I can't remember, lol.
don't know wabout Sunday afternoon but DD spent Sunday night with a friend and came home Monday at 5PM and SA was there alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne