TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how telling a lie to the public vs telling LE the truth is going to save her job. Her bosses can read can't they? And I hope she loses her job. She has no business being near a medical setting with a drug issue. My husband passed away from med mal and I don't wish that to happen to anyone else.

Generally speaking for most types of SAR work you are looking at a minimum of 18 months and more often 24.

Yes, often puppies are chosen to become a working dog, but I wouldn't feel comfortable saying that you can tell as a puppy what they are meant to do, only that they have a propensity to be a working dog. You can also take older dogs (junior dogs) and train them. Some of the best working dogs come from shelters and rescues where families have given them up cuz they were just too much too handle (as working dogs often are). But given the time it takes a dog and the investment both financially and on your calendar, you don't really want to start training a dog at 5. By the time you get certified you would only get a couple of years out of them before having to retire them. Make sense?[/quote]

BBM-

Yes, thank-you SO much for your reply! (OT: I know about the "too much to handle"! :) We have a 5 month shelter puppy, mix of Lab and German Shep...boy is she a handful! :) , and we love her to pieces!)

Thanks again, Sarx! I appreciate ALL the help/info you give here at WS and out in the communities! You deserve sincere thanks for all you do!!:clap:

~Mish

PS: Our puppy's name is Haley :) Go figure!

She told LE it was for narcotics, I am really confused as to why it matters that she lied to the public as if we have tripped her up.

Lying, period, is not in her best interest because LE is ears open to every thing she says, to them and to the public. If she lies to the public, it will not go unnoticed by LE.

and maybe insurance he keeps his mouth shut...for now. imo
She has been OVERLY careful what she says about him,if ya ask me.

Could she be afraid that he will implicate her?

Hey Mods, whats the chance of Hailey having her own thread? It would been nice to have a working timeline to glance at and a permanent place for pics, news links, maps etc.
tiTHANKS in adv
Timeline from big country. I don't know how current it is

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329087

Thank you for this, but I have questions about this timeline:
<see my BBM>

<snip>
Monday, Dec. 27

• Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, says live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins is fired from his job after some sort of blow-up <what time did Billie find out about the job blow up?>
  • Affidavits show Adkins arrived to work in Snyder at 6 a.m. and left without saying anything at 6:10 a.m.
  • Adkins tells authorities he went straight to his mother's home in Big Spring. However, cell phone records show Adkins phone was used at 6:35 a.m. and 6:56 a.m. in Colorado City. <so SA went back to Colorado City to grab Hailey? Why else would he lie?>
  • Nearly a dozen call were made from Adkins' phone in the Big Spring area from 9:38 a.m. to 2:40 p.m. <Could have SA brought Hailey back then to Mom's house?>
  • A neighbor reportedly sees Hailey talking on the phone in her backyard around noon. <is the neighbor CERTAIN of this?>
  • Adkins tells authorities comes home at 3 p.m.
  • Hailey tells him at 3:15 p.m. that she is going to her dad’s, then to Mary Beth’s for a sleepover, but neither Clint nor Mary Beth see or hear from her.
  • Adkins and Dunn withdraw $140 from an ATM in Snyder Monday evening. Affidavits say the money was used to purchase illegal narcotics

I don't believe that he would dispose of a body in the parking lot of work while his boss and coworkers were inside, probably many of them arriving for work at that time of the morning as well. MOO

At what time is sunrise? It may have been dark and he got away with it. JMO

So is Clint Dunn also responsible? Because I'm pretty sure his mom told him Hailey was scared of SA. I am also pretty sure living across the street and from a small town he knew about the threats SA made. So is he also responsible or does he get a pass because he had his own life havng another child with his girlfriend and not actually taking care of HD and DD?

I just find it so odd that SA did not seem scared of or concerned about Clint's close presence. One would think that having the father across the street would protect the poor child, especially with a big brother in the home as well.
So I guess I am questioning Clint's level of responsibility for his kid. How could he be so close, and yet so far?

I am no fan of BD but hear me out with what I am about to say...When you are being interviewed by a LE for a possible homicide investigation they will tell you we aren't the dope police we don't care what you were doing we just want the truth, so then the person says yea we went to buy drugs (explains money out of ATM and where it went) but that person would not think that within days the press would have that on blast for all to know....Now stay with me, from the video's I have seen of SA it seems that he runs with a rough crowd (to say the least) and now the press has just told your drug dealer that you have turned a dime on them, so I can imagine that at that point you would really rather not go on a nation news program and say yea we were in Scurry County buying illegal drugs the night my daughter went missing.....I certainly would not want to pizz off a drug dealer and have them come after me or anyone else in my family....

Ok now about the comment BD made about her future with SA, I can only surmise from that comment that she loves SA more than she does her daughter and I am sure that Hailey has know that for a long time, for God's sake if she is willing to say that to the public you can only imagine how that poor child felt.

It usually gets dark around 5PM. I am not from Texas but it gets dark early on now around 5 for me so I assume that at 5 Texas time it would be the same.

Sorry for quoting you again linda, I seem to be all over you today LOL.

Respectfully bolded by me.

"Credible witness" when used in a post on this website by posters usually refers to the LE definition of credibility and the legal definition.

Linda offered her argument from what I can tell based on what it means to be a credible witness and with which I have to agree with her assessment.

Even if this woman never spoke a single lie to LE, giving interviews to the media that contradicts any statement she gave to LE or or contradicts herself within different media interviews could be used to show she is not a credible witness. This could be very important during a trial phase. Very.

I do have to disagree with the assessment that it's okay to lie a little bit to LE about some things when your 13 yr old daughter is missing and your live in boyfriend is a POI in her disappearance.

I tend to be a bit harsh in that I think any parent should open their mouth and start singing like a birdy any and all truths that they know---to the point where LE has to tell them to shut up. JMHO.

Well spoken! I totally agree. Lying a little is still a lie, anyway you look at it. Thinking it is ok to lie to the public can be a bit dangerous when juries are pulled from the public. How can you claim to be credible and lie at the same time? :banghead:

Lying to the public is huge in these types of crimes. Public sentiment is like riding the tide. If you lie, the undertow is so strong and powerful that the current to jail is swift.

then i will keep my opinions to myself, sorry for bothering everyone.

Really?? Don't leave....not bothering me at all. Sorry. My laughing is hysteria, I think. The woman has a daughter missing.....probably dead....and she's concerned about people knowing she does illegal drugs?? It's just getting worse for Billie....maybe she should work on a "mourning" look. I know she is pondering getting SA back when he's cleared and all. When this Hailey mess is cleared up. But, she can still look cute and sad at the same time. He'll understand she has to do the mommy ish thing.....I'll stop now....and, you should just put me on ignore. I have NOTHING positive to say about cute little Billie Dunn. :twocents:

Abilene has Pathologist that perform Autopsies and that is allowed, they can only do so many and Abilene does utilize Tarrant County's ME

Lying to the public is huge in these types of crimes. Public sentiment is like riding the tide. If you lie, the undertow is so strong and powerful that the current to jail is swift.

Only a liar would lie at a time like this. IMO

Thank you for this, but I have questions about this timeline:
<see my BBM>

<snip>
Monday, Dec. 27

• Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, says live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins is fired from his job after some sort of blow-up <what time did Billie find out about the job blow up?>
  • Affidavits show Adkins arrived to work in Snyder at 6 a.m. and left without saying anything at 6:10 a.m.
  • Adkins tells authorities he went straight to his mother's home in Big Spring. However, cell phone records show Adkins phone was used at 6:35 a.m. and 6:56 a.m. in Colorado City. <so SA went back to Colorado City to grab Hailey? Why else would he lie?>
  • Nearly a dozen call were made from Adkins' phone in the Big Spring area from 9:38 a.m. to 2:40 p.m. <Could have SA brought Hailey back then to Mom's house?>
  • A neighbor reportedly sees Hailey talking on the phone in her backyard around noon. <is the neighbor CERTAIN of this?>
  • Adkins tells authorities comes home at 3 p.m.
  • Hailey tells him at 3:15 p.m. that she is going to her dad’s, then to Mary Beth’s for a sleepover, but neither Clint nor Mary Beth see or hear from her.
  • Adkins and Dunn withdraw $140 from an ATM in Snyder Monday evening. Affidavits say the money was used to purchase illegal narcotics

[*]A neighbor reportedly sees Hailey talking on the phone in her backyard around noon. <is the neighbor CERTAIN of this?>

Apparently there was no sighting. LE cannot verify any witness sighting took place. I think that SA made up that story to cover himself.

I agree that he probably went back home and nabbed Hailey early that morning and took her back to his moms house. Poor child.

Maybe he left for work before 5:30 and already had Haley or maybe he never went to sleep that night and something happened to her during the night?

I just find it so odd that SA did not seem scared of or concerned about Clint's close presence. One would think that having the father across the street would protect the poor child, especially with a big brother in the home as well.
So I guess I am questioning Clint's level of responsibility for his kid. How could he be so close, and yet so far?

I'm guessing that SA felt that he was invincible, especially with his collection of weapons (like the knives in the videos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop