TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but has Billie searched for Hailey?

It is my understanding that family and close friends of a missing person are not allowed to go on official searches because they could either have something to do with the disappearance and hurt the investigation, or they may find some disturbing evidence.

Just went back and edited my post curious, I meant no sheets at the motel, not no sheets on the bed. Can totally see how that could be read into my post though. Hopefully it makes more sense now.

It is my understanding that family and close friends of a missing person are not allowed to go on official searches because they could either have something to do with the disappearance and hurt the investigation, or they may find some disturbing evidence.

You are correct, they should never be out there searching.

Billie said on NG that they took the sheets from Hailey's bed for a scent..

From Nancy Grace transcripts..
snip

GRACE: Why weren`t there sheets on her bed?

BILLIE DUNN: The investigators took her sheet off. I`d asked them to use the sheet for the dogs to get the scent, but I think they kept it.

snip

Billie wanted to get the sheets back from LE to use for scent but LE kept them.. The attys on last nites show then went on to say that LE had the sheets to test them for male DNA..

HTH..just wanted to clear that up:)

link to transcripts:http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../13/ng.01.html

Everyone on this thread is suspicious about someone in this case. The timeline has always been a concern for everyone. Everyone is concerned about lies and who the lies were directed to. My question is simply this: When was the first lie told? What initial suspected "lie" set off your hinky meters? Was it:

1.) The exact time HD left CD's house on Sunday?

2.) The exact time BD says she saw HD on Sunday night?

3.) The exact time DD saw HD playing video games Sunday night? (DD left at 9:00 Sunday night and didn't return until Tuesday? Really? Why wasn't BD worried about him too?) "Wonderful parent" that she is....

4.) When BD saw HD in her bed Monday morning but didn't "touch her and see if it was really her?"

5.) When SA walked off of his job and didn't tell BD immediately?

6.) When the ATM withdrawals were made?

7.) When no one attempted to call HD Monday night?

8.) When we found out neither CD or MB saw or heard from HD? (When we foudn out MB and HD had never spent the night at each other's house and MB's mom had never seen BD until she saw her on NG.)

9.) When DD had to climb through a window to enter his own home and saw SA in the hallway with the "deer caught in the headlights look?"

10.) When polygraphs detected deception? (Just pick someone...)

I think you all see where I'm going with this. When was the first time you suspected someone wasn't being honest? The answer is there.

Ok, let me first preface this with there were no sheets (that I've heard about anyways), so this is all just HYPOTHETICAL.

No, they should not get confused, that's what they do, stick with one scent and one only.

BD said she asked the investigators to take HD's sheet so the dogs could get HD's scent and she didn't think they gave it back. I thought that was odd because I always thought they used clothing but I really don't know that much about it. I'm just wondering how they would know that it was HD's scent that the dogs picked up from the sheet and not one of her friends or family.

Everyone on this thread is suspicious about someone in this case. The timeline has always been a concern for everyone. Everyone is concerned about lies and who the lies were directed to. My question is simply this: When was the first lie told? What initial suspected "lie" set off your hinky meters? Was it:

3.) The exact time DD saw HD playing video games Sunday night? (DD left at 9:00 Sunday night and didn't return until Tuesday? Really? Why wasn't BD worried about him too?) "Wonderful parent" that she is....

4.) When BD saw HD in her bed Monday morning but didn't "touch her and see if it was really her?"

8.) When we found out neither CD or MB saw or heard from HD? (When we foudn out MB and HD had never spent the night at each other's house and MB's mom had never seen BD until she saw her on NG.)

9.) When DD had to climb through a window to enter his own home and saw SA in the hallway with the "deer caught in the headlights look?"

I think you all see where I'm going with this. When was the first time you suspected someone wasn't being honest? The answer is there.

Great Question, super chicken.. a little something for us "night owls" to mull over..lol..

I can nail this down to the exact millisecond of when not only my hinky meter went off the charts but more importantly my heart literally just completely sank to the pit of my stomach.. I literally went from listening and reading all info we had at the very very beginning and I was in completely optimistic and positive mood..thinking this girl is gonna be found.. As I got to the portion in the article that stated mom's live-in BF was last to see Hailey around 1:15{if you remember this was the original time given by Billie, later changed when Shaun gave her the 3:15pm time of Hailey leaving}..Mom's BF said that Hailey told him as she was leaving the house to tell mom that I'm going across to dad's for a little while and then to spend the night at MB's house..

It was while reading those exact words in the article that not only did my heart sink to the pit of my stomach, but My entire demeanor actually changed, including slumping down in my chair as if already defeated knowing that my gut instincts told me right then&there that Hailey was dead and it was at mom's BF's hand..period..end of story..

and since that time never has my intuition changed one iota from feeling that Hailey died at the hands of Shawn Adkins...

**again Thanks Super Chicken! great question!..ITA that if everyone takes the time to go thru their minds and do this simple task and post what their feelings/views/opinions are..I think it could be a great indicator of just where "IT" is...

Decloaking for a wee while:

BD to me seems to be *easily led*.

She is in a relationship with a younger man, and at 33 has two teen children and her job prospects have been somewhat lax of late (be it drug related or not). She is a very insecure woman. Now, give her a power-hungry younger boyfriend (who no doubt told her on a regular basis how *lucky* she was to have him, and how hard she'd have to work to keep him *Gag*). Her self esteem issues are through the roof. Even looking back at her marriage, she tends to be with men who dominate her, *bad boys* who she clings to. This to me would explain her comments about not knowing what was going to happen with SA. She has so lost herself in him that she is trying to rationalise a way back to him.

Someone here has previously said she might have a learning disorder. I don't think thats the case. Do you ever meet someone and think to yourself "How on earth do you dress yourself in the morning?". Well, she gives me a *hint* of that. Not quite that bad though. Its more her psychological *need* to be in relationships with *bad boys* that makes her this way. She has no or little self respect, so she looks for men who she can put on a pedestal, someone she thinks is *special* (in SA case, because he is younger perhaps?). She seems to look for men who will suck the life and her personality out of her, and her kids and just along for the ride.

She does have some traits of an abused woman, but (and I hate to say this) I think that is who she is psychologically. Always a victim, but *needs* to be that way (again, her comments on SA). The older son probably knows this, Hailey may have too, which is incredibly sad.

In this whole situation, she is in *over her head*. Most people who have loved ones vanished are in this boat also, but the *reality* she has constructed for herself (in which SA is the most important thing in her world) has been pulled out from underneath her. I don't know if she had anything to do with hailey going missing, but she is treading water trying to get her *imagined* life back. Trying to be a teenager, to make up for the years she *lost* whilst nursing and changing nappies perhaps? Would explain why the kids seemed to want to stay at others homes often, a lack of stability at home?

As far as SA, if police were to visit my home they'd find a lot of horror films, true crime books, psychological texts.

What I fail to understand is why mom i not sitting in a car across from SA's home, stalking him till he gives her an answer. Knocking on his door 10 times every hour to ask "what do you know?". Walking down the street behind him, chanting "tell me what happened, tell me what happened" over and over again. I think that if she does not know what has happened, she still *knows*.

I apologise if any of this is in violation of WS terms, I have been through them to check but my definition of them could be very different from someone else. This is in no way a *character assasination*, its just my observations of her behavior in the public domain. And please mods feel free to edit as you see fit. I have been watching how hard the mods have been working in this thread, and its been hard enough for me just to keep up!

Also, this is all Imoo and apologies about any spelling errors, its very early here.

Excellent work. You and I, and many others see the same things.

I love the "changing nappies" comment. I'm a great fan of British writings and TV/movies, and love when they say that. :great:

I'm afraid my mild "horror movies" (Frankenstein, Dracula, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, etc.) and murder mystery novels might get me into hot water, too, if that's anyone's idea of criminal tendencies, but somehow I think law enforcement would expect to see something more sinister, too, before dragging me to the precinct.

I do believe you've got the mother in this case well-pegged. Hats off to you, friend.

Ok, let me first preface this with there were no sheets (that I've heard about anyways) in a dumster, at the hotel, etc, so this is all just HYPOTHETICAL.

No, they should not get confused, that's what they do, stick with one scent and one f only.

eta-realized when I said there were no sheets that might be misread, so I am clarifying.
rc

I'm sorry I meant maids dirty linen cart not dumpster... and it being 4days later etc. It was just a question - dont intend to.start rumors. = ) SA coud have stripped te.

SA guilty..really it was a combination of:
1)He failed lie detector
2) he was the last person to see HD, said she went to a friends
3) he went to work and left abruptly, later lied about being fired
4) called HD "promiscuous".

BD may be involved
1) saw her in videos

Lies, Lies, Lies

I'm still looking but found this and this is so sad,not sure if this video was posted already. http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23315

That is why I mentioned that he was in Odessa. I thought maybe you had heard that before and thought BD had said Odessa. I replied to you that she said Snyder, but you found the right NG page and BD said Surry Co. I think that was after NG asked her why SA had said to the LE in reply to where HD was. SA said in Scurry Co. BD said first time, He has family and friends there and later she said, we have family and friends there. Just going by memory. So, MOO. But, I do have all the NG shows on the HD case recorded, except the first one. I wish I had it on DVR, also. I guess I said Snyder, because I know it is in Scurry Co.

This is the first case I have followed on WS. I found it when I searched for any news on HD, after seeing a message about her missing on my FB page. I wanted to check to make sure it was real before I reposted on my FB page.

Hailey, if you are reading. Please, call someone and ask for help. Not just in America, but people in other countries are praying for your safe return. Your Daddy is out searching for you, along with many other people. Everyone wants you to be found safe and are willing to help you in anyway that you need.

Great Question, super chicken.. a little something for us "night owls" to mull over..lol..

I can nail this down to the exact millisecond of when not only my hinky meter went off the charts but more importantly my heart literally just completely sank to the pit of my stomach.. I literally went from listening and reading all info we had at the very very beginning and I was in completely optimistic and positive mood..thinking this girl is gonna be found.. As I got to the portion in the article that stated mom's live-in BF was last to see Hailey around 1:15{if you remember this was the original time given by Billie, later changed when Shaun gave her the 3:15pm time of Hailey leaving}..Mom's BF said that Hailey told him as she was leaving the house to tell mom that I'm going across to dad's for a little while and then to spend the night at MB's house..

It was while reading those exact words in the article that not only did my heart sink to the pit of my stomach, but My entire demeanor actually changed, including slumping down in my chair as if already defeated knowing that my gut instincts told me right then&there that Hailey was dead and it was at mom's BF's hand..period..end of story..

and since that time never has my intuition changed one iota from feeling that Hailey died at the hands of Shawn Adkins...

**again Thanks Super Chicken! great question!..ITA that if everyone takes the time to go thru their minds and do this simple task and post what their feelings/views/opinions are..I think it could be a great indicator of just where "IT" is...

Yes great Post Super Chicken :)
Smooth: I didn't see your answers until after I posted, interesting how we had similar ones..know what you mean about that feeling..sad sinking feeling
:(

Ah!!!Where was it she said,"me and Hailey have friends and family there."? I can find it on google and when I got to the page,it's not on there.

Is this what you're looking for?

GRACE: What about it, Billie Dunn? Scurry County, what`s the connection?

DUNN: Me and Hailey have a lot of friends and family there.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6008865"]TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #21 - Page 11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but has Billie searched for Hailey?

I know one thing she didn't do that I would have done. I would have headed straight to the friend's house the night I was told my daughter was spending the night at a friend's house without asking my permission. I would have been pounding on the door, expecting to be pounding on her head, wanting to know why she was there without asking me first. If she wasn't there, I would have marched to the father's house and demanded to know where she was and what was happening. Then I would have called the police/sheriff, ASAP. Why did that woman wait 24 HOURS?

I can't believe the mother took the boyfriend's word that night, without going to check, or even to make sure she was at the friend's house by calling on the phone. That's insane!

I don't know if the mother went out to search the grounds the next day or during the next weeks, but I know she didn't do any searching the very first night, December 27th, when the child was supposed to be "out" without mom's permission. Unbelievable.

Of course, I wouldn't have allowed my boyfriend to live in the house with my children, either, and I know that for sure, because I've been a single mom for more than 20 years, and rarely did I let any man that close to my children. In fact, I didn't date much because I was afraid to take the chance of exposing my children to any sort of danger. One never knows. Male companionship wasn't as important as my children's welfare. :cow:

Smooth Operator: Bless you... I read every post on every thread. I have to wait until I get home from work to do it but I manage. I read them all because everyone's opinions are fascinating to me...intelligent, thoughtful, experienced, wise, etc. Just like you, there is a point in time where everyone involved in the case posts "thud" or something to that effect. Because everyone is so smart, every post is thought-provoking, and everyone's post is appreciated--rightly so. I'm so new to this forum I'm not even close to being experienced with any of this. Sometimes it just comes down to good old-fashioned maternal and paternal instincts. I really believe those parental instincts trump the highest academic degrees out there. Thus my question in my post. Break it down to the simplest equation--when did you feel you were being duped? No professionals or experts--just moms and dads--when did you really say "huh?" Even the worst parents can make better decisions if given the benefit of hindsight--this is what we are wading through right now. I'm just saying that it would be awesome if we all could have read the very first warning sign in HD's young life? She's not here right now. What was your first warning sign? In the end, that was my only question. Thanks SO--Glad you were still up too.

Oh my goodness!.I apologize. If.I.said.IT I.meanY evidence and just said.IT! ot waa in no referenc to HD A

m

NO

Originally Posted by SmoothOperator
I can nail this down to the exact millisecond of when not only my hinky meter went off the charts but more importantly my heart literally just completely sank to the pit of my stomach..

snipped.....

Smooth, that's what did it for me, too. I was reading about the case for the first time: Thirteen year-old girl missing from home. Then the description of the tale told by the mother. Child leaves home saying she's going to dad's then off to spend the night at a friend's. "Tell mom", she supposedly told the mother's live-in lover. And mom doesn't bother to check on her daughter until 24 hours later when the son says she's gone. WTH?

Lies, lies, lies...... My hinky meter went through the roof and hasn't stopped spinning.

Boyfriend's extremely bizarre "hobbies" only make me more certain. Plus everything else about this case.

Everyone on this thread is suspicious about someone in this case. The timeline has always been a concern for everyone. Everyone is concerned about lies and who the lies were directed to. My question is simply this: When was the first lie told? What initial suspected "lie" set off your hinky meters?

When was the first time you suspected someone wasn't being honest? The answer is there.

I got my first sinking feeling when I realized that last person to see the girl was the 25 yr old live in Boyfriend. Huge red flag there.
But the various witness sightings made me give him the benefit of the doubt. Now that those sightings have been debunked the focus is back on SA.

The failed LDT's added to the knots in the pit of my stomach. By the time I saw the picture of him in his black leather mask, holding the knife and the bloody chickens heart, I wanted to cry for poor Hailey.

I don't think BD actively took part in the crimes against her daughter but she did fail her in so many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valerie1022