TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had left it pulled up last night, and this morning when I tried to refresh it, it went to my fb page and wouldn't give me the option to go back.

I wonder why it was closed down. Whoever was running it seemed to be very active on it.

They have just changed the name, now it is just "Find Hailey Dunn".

I can't find the video yet, but did find this article with the statement made by the neighbor:

"Authorities have yet to determine if Hailey was abducted or if she ran away. On Wednesday they were searching a shed behind her mother's house; an area neighbors say she spent a lot of time. "Every day, a lot, she would always be back there on the phone," a neighbor told us."

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13792341

I don't believe there was an actual interview with a person stating they saw her that particular day at 12pm, just this one neighbor that said she was out there "every day".

Were you able to find any neighbor saying they saw Hailey on the phone *that* day?

TIA

I remember seeing that interview, too, but cannot find it. I don't remember him (the neighbor) talking about parking in the back. I believe that was CD -- when asked if he looked over at BD's house (I am paraphrasing) he said he looks there often. Later in his comments he said he could not see if a car was parked there that morning (the 26th?) because they park in the back of the house and he can't see the back from his house.

Additional comment added later-- of course, if LE makes an official statement saying they cannot confirm that a neighbor saw her at noon on that day, then I would believe LE in that they are no doubt interviewing or have interviewed the neighbors.
I can remember the film, i think the camera was focused on the shed, but i feel like we saw the back of the head of the witness for just an instant. The reporter was talking fast, the witness sounded like an older person. Not being able to see the car, but still see the shed, if thats what was said is confusing.

I think that Billie looked in, and saw what appeared to be Hailey in her bed, asleep. She left for work believing that is what she saw. She believed that up until the minute that MBG said Hailey had not slept over. At some time after that point, someone asked when she last saw Hailey and she said she had seen her in the bed. She was probably grilled until she acknowledged that she was not 100% SURE it was Hailey, but the logical assumption on Monday morning was that it was.

I think she realized that Hailey COULD have been gone sooner, and that saying she had made sure that it was definitely Hailey in the bed might have made her seem to be a better parent, but would not help in the investigation, and would make her look worse if it eventually came to light that Hailey was NOT there after Billie had insisted that she had verified that she was.

All my opinion only.

EXACTLY!! ITA, she was leaving it open in case it turned out that Hailey DID escape through the window sometime during the night and run away, or something happened to her between Sun. night and Mon. morning.

You know, as bad as this looks right now and as much information as we have been bombarded with the past few days, there is a possibility that Hailey DID run away. As a mother, I would want to hang on to that hope as long as possible.

I was unable to find any discussion in any of the WS threads of a neighbor in a video saying they saw Hailey *that day* in the yard talking on the phone.

12-31-2010, 11:37 PM
czgtz

Krista, from what I understand, the neighbor only just this afternoon told the police that Hailey was on the phone in the backyard. I assume that the police are going to check the records.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5953583&postcount=95"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1[/ame]

I transcribed this from that short section of the video:

Reporter:

An eerie silence overshadowed the Dunn Family home as Texas Rangers and local police searched the property, gathered items and went with flashlights and gloves into a shed in the back that read danger, no unauthorized personnel; an area of the home that neighbors said they saw Hailey in all the time.

Neighbor:

A lot she always back there talkin on the telephone every day, almost every day.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5972932&postcount=461"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4[/ame]

It seemed to me that the neighbor was just saying she's in the backyard talking on the phone (in the area where the shed is) every day, not that she was actually in the shed.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5972891&postcount=445"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4[/ame]

GRACE: OK. I want to go through his story again. But first let me go back to Michael Board, WOAI Newsradio. Michael, tell me what your understanding of the chronology is.

BOARD: This was about 3:00 o`clock on Monday, December 27th, that the boyfriend, from what we know, came home. That`s where he met with Hailey, at his home. Hailey at that time told the mother`s boyfriend that she was going from her mom`s house to her dad`s house, then her dad`s house to a friend`s house.

Now, earlier in that day, we had a neighbor confirm that she saw Hailey in the back yard speaking on some sort of a phone. We don`t know if that`s a home phone or a cell phone. They weren`t sure. That witness wasn`t sure at that time what Hailey was speaking on.

Been going over transcripts etc....
(paraphrased)
BD was asked by NG where were Hailey's sheets....
BD answered she gave the SHEET to LE for the scent for the dogs.
My question or thought.......
Why only a sheet as in singular. Did Hailey have a comforter, bedspread, blanket, flat sheet, top sheet, pillowcases? It's the middle of winter surely she had more on the bed besides a SHEET.
This bothers me and it could be that I have 2 sheets, blanket, bedspread and a quilt folded at the bottom of each of my beds as well as pillowcases on pillows and shams on pillows and decorative pillows. In the first pics we saw of Hailey's room we saw that the mattress was on the floor...why? Then in recent pics the mattress was put back on the bed, clothes were folded neatly (a friend folded the clothes according to BD) but still no bedspread or sheets were put back on the bed. BD only stated that LE took the one sheet.....
Insight anyone??????
JMO

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

The bottom sheet would be the one that had the most concentration of her scent or the one most likely to contain DNA. No need to take the rest of the bedding, IMO.
Maybe LE told her to leave the bed as it is. Or she can't bring herself to go in there, who knows?

I am going to jump to the conclusion that the neighbors statement is discounted because there was no cell phone calls registered for that time of the day on the 27th. Just an opinion.

I do not understand exactly why I feel the way I do. For some reason I do not think SA is the perp. There are tons of inconsistencies in what the search warrants reveal about his story. But, for some reason I don't get the feeling that he is involved. Other than she may have disliked him immensely. And may also have been scared of him.
It has been mentioned that Clint went to look for her in Odessa.
Can anyone please, help me on what day that was and if he is still gone?
And NO I am not suspecting Clint of anything.
Thank you.

Can i just add to your point about SA - A small part of me feels it cannot be accepted at present that SA is the perp. the focus has been mainly on him, in part for his tastes and in part for his un-corresponding information. my only worry is that if he was a homely boy who liked reading about big cats and playing WOW and listening to radio friendly music, people might be more inclined to think about why he is being inconsistent, and how he might have just been doing things for other reasons. on the other hand, if he was into the things he is, coupled with the videos and knives and masks and hardcore metal, but was consistent, then it would just be a man with adverse taste to most, each to thier own. the only reason i say this is as tattooist and into "heavy music" (some of which will probably have lyrics i'd be embarressed or shocked to read, but because of the way its "sung", words are pretty inaudible- and i dont read the lyrics of every song i listen to, some i just like the music, and i dont like horror - it makes me feel queasy, im a wimp) i come into contact with people like SA all the time.

i used to house share with a guy who SA reminds me of who didnt hide his love for all those things, and worse, the things he used to leave lying about the house... and he used to watch me in a creepy way, but a lot of boys like that dont interact well with women because they live in a boys world sharing thier loves with boys - not many women like brutal horror and death metal - so women are strange fruits to them! but he was still a "normal" guy, if just a adverse personality to what i like. just wierd. anyway my point is, maybe SA is just literally an immature man who doesnt know when to think before he speaks. maybe its a horrible coincidence that his story doesnt corroborate. i worry that there might (small chance in my mind remember) be someone else that is stoked that the majority of the attention is on SA. they could be out there now doing all sorts to cover thier tracks and never be found. i hope LE are keeping this in mind.

dont get me wrong, i will be very surprised is SA has absolutley nothing to do with this, but there is a chance and i hope its not being neglected.

sorry for the long rant!

Interesting data i came across today, totally by accident (i stumbled) about the likelihood of stepparents killing a step child.

40 to 100 times more likely. :waitasec: It also has to do with what many here have said about bringing a man into the home as a single mom. The old data said it was bc of the evolutionary imperative, absolutely no reason to care/love for children who cannot pass on their genes but a small new study for the first time shows something else as the possible reason:

They point out, and empirically demonstrate with a small Swedish sample, that men who become stepfathers, by marrying women who already have children from previous unions with other men, are more likely to be criminal and violent to begin with. And Temrin et al. argue that their greater tendency toward criminality and violence, not their genetic unrelatedness, is the reason they are more likely to kill and injure their stepchildren.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...e-stepparents-more-likely-kill-their-children

just thuoght i would throw it out here since there has been a lot of discussion in this case on it.

Good points. As to your question why she doesn't stalk him and demand answers, you answered that question in your description of her in the first two paragraphs. She is not an aggressive personality... she victimizes herself, thus she is scared of him.

respectfully snipped for space

Did you read that during the domestic dispute, Billie claims ""He was calling and telling me we were going to be together whether I like it or
not
."??

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13833678

IMO, BD had to be aware of the guns, knives, and sword(s) either owned by or readily available to SA. No wonder poor Hailey was scared of this guy. :no:

I could certainly understand Billie being afraid of SA, but I would have shipped my kids off to someplace safe if I feared that much for their safety. Heck, I never would have moved him into my home in the first place. I get the feeling however, that she didn't really give it that much thought.

Were you able to find any neighbor saying they saw Hailey on the phone *that* day?

TIA

No, nothing yet. I am still looking for that video though, but if my memory serves me correctly, again the person in the video was just stating that she was out there often, but nothing about "that" day.

Good points. As to your question why she doesn't stalk him and demand answers, you answered that question in your description of her in the first two paragraphs. She is not an aggressive personality... she victimizes herself, thus she is scared of him. Many women can be in awe of a man, care deeply for them and still be afraid of them. That happens in a lot of domestic abuse cases, so her passive personality does not surprise me.
Simply put, she just does not have the type of character to confront anyone, and it's likely that she feels like a victim as well. She seems to be content to sit back and wait to see how it turns out. If he's guilty, she will come to terms with it and if he's not... then she will 'forgive' him. Not at all how you or I or many others would react... but that's her shortcomings, not ours. And truthfully, no one knows what they would do until they are actually face to face with it. We can all speculate, but we can't say for certain. And I'm speaking ONLY about her not demanding answers from him. Some people are just not confrontational, that's just the way I see her.
JMO, FWIW.

The one thing that throws this theory out the window for me is that she tossed him the minute she learned of the poly result. If her personality really fit the above description .... she wouldn't have done that. She would have made excuses and been in complete denial about it. We saw a flicker of that (claiming that LE messed up the polys) but still ... she kept him away. Had that not happened I may have been inclined to come to the same conclusion you have.

Someone who is truly AFRAID of someone isn't going to toss them out that easily .... and someone who is truly controlling and abusive isn't going to leave that easily IMO and IME. Add to that the fact that she's questioning him on public TV. If she was TRULY scared of him she wouldn't do it publicly where he can see it even if it were true. She would "know better" than to do something like that. Especially if it's in the back of her head that he could have killed Hailey - she would be thinking that she could easily be next and wouldn't be going against him or proclaiming her love... she'd be "hiding" in fear of him.

I don't see SA as the controlling / manipulative / abusive type believe it or not. I see him as an immature overgrown boy. Irresponsible. Likely lazy (I'd love to know his attendance record at work prior to this - and his work history ... I have a feeling there has been lots of off and on jobs). Living off of women so he can goof off and have fun with his "boys". Possibly quick to temper. We know he threatened BD at one point ... but IMO it was probably more a "temper tantrum" than it was a truly abusive situation.

The fact that BD called in police (assumed? I wish we had a copy of that complaint) when she was threatened by him also doesn't fit with the victim "profile". Woman who are abused don't usually call police unless it's REALLY ugly. As in someone got hurt or someone or the abuser was in a complete crazy rage and couldn't be calmed (and then it's usually a neighbor or something who hears whats going on and calls the police). I would think that media has seen that report ... if it were really ugly he would have been detained or there would be more information out there about the incident.

I wish someone who knew the couple would weigh in about any of the dynamics they saw between the two.

Actually, I'm in Houston, and have seen very little, if anything regarding this case on any local news stations.

Probably a lot of folks in Texas who don't know about it. It's not covered on our local news, either, and we're not that far away... 300 miles, maybe.

Though law enforcement wouldn't discuss what the "hits" were, it doesn't appear any remains were uncovered. Authorities now say the search at that specific landfill has ended.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331756

That picture speaks volumes... :(

(That was the picture of Hailey that I had seen on NG that made me think SOMETHING happened to that little girl b/t the date of the cheerleader pic and this pic - yes, one is posed and one is a snapshot, but there just seems to be an overall sense of sadness...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx