TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right there is no getting out of that one....its in black and white and a clearly written to make no mistakes

Some times Its just best to admit to it and get on with it...

LE might have asked her not to admit it. per an investigation.

Wasn't the frist time she was on NG Jan 3 or 4th? And that night, she did not know, or claimed not to know. And then the next night, she said she found out that he had quit or been fired.

That is correct.

from what I remember she was very careful not to accuse anyone of anything..

She was pretty straight forward on Nancy Grace. There wasn't any question in my mind what she said...though now I wish I could go back and see what exactly were her words.

BTW, does anyone else think NG is letting BD talk and talk to get her to hang herself? (the prosecutor in her) She sure seems to let BD get away with not answering a question, telling a lie, etc.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/raw-video-mother-billie-jean-dunn-speaks-out-about/

I saw this the other day and have taken time to watch it again. She appears nervous...scratching her head, her neck, her face. But what bothers me the most is once again I don't hear an angry plea from her for the perp to come clean. I don't hear her get angry for a possible abductor to give Hailey back. I don't hear her talk to Hailey and say she loves her and please come back home.

Instead we hear her worrying over what people are saying about her.

I will ask again, has anyone ever heard her say in an interview that she loves Hailey?

IMO

from what I remember she was very careful not to accuse anyone of anything..

I remember her saying she's afraid SA raped and murdered Hailey on NG. It was also part of the lead-in intro and I think written in quotes on the bottom of the screen. I was shocked by it. It was the same day that we first heard from Nana in a press interview.

Btw, I think Nana is absolutely devastated, you can hear it in her voice. Pain and guilt - I wouldn't want to be in her shoes. I still find it very odd that she says she told Clint about Hailey's fear of SA's night lurking, but she can't remember what Clint said in response. Just find it curious.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/raw-video-mother-billie-jean-dunn-speaks-out-about/

Ok, if she has a land line, why would she leave her cell phone for the kids to use?

I have a cell phone and we have a land line too. I do not leave my cell phone with the kids when I go out. I want that on me in case the kids need to get a hold of me in an emergency.

I just feel it's kind of strange.

Also, as for the NYE party, why aren't these particular family members getting on the record to confirm her story?

and why aren't these family members going on record saying that Hailey was a happy child with a happy childhood in a happy family and would never run away because she has such a wonderful mother?

Thanks to Whoever for tagging those post in the tags!

Grandma seemed VERY credible to me..and the emotion in her voice just broke my heart....I bet she lays awake at night wishing she had done more...

I do think her emotions are real, but her feelings are coming from a very complicated relationship with her ex-DIL. Seems to me that she is going to be on her son's "side" during their separation, if there were conflicts.

She may be more apt to believe HD's accusations, because she wanted to for other reasons KWIM?

Your right there is no getting out of that one....its in black and white and a clearly written to make no mistakes

Some times Its just best to admit to it and get on with it...

Surely her friend has told her that by now! Just be honest and everyone is much more likely to believe her...No one expects her to be perfect...or very few do. :crazy:.. I know I am FAR from it and don't care about that business unless it had do with Hailey's disappearance..but by lying about it.....

She was pretty straight forward on Nancy Grace. There wasn't any question in my mind what she said...though now I wish I could go back and see what exactly were her words.

BTW, does anyone else think NG is letting BD talk and talk to get her to hang herself? (the prosecutor in her) She sure seems to let BD get away with not answering a question, telling a lie, etc.

Here, you can read her words.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

CONNIE JONES, HAILEY`S PATERNAL GRANDMOTHER: Yes, ma`am. That was last January.

GRACE: What happened?

JONES: Well, I had went on vacation, and when I come back, Clint had said that he had Hailey and then Billie (INAUDIBLE) that he ended up getting her back and everything. And I didn`t even know any of this was going on until I came back.

GRACE: You didn`t know what was going on?

JONES: No, ma`am. All I know is that Clint tried to take her because Hailey wanted to stay with Clint. And (INAUDIBLE) wanted her back (INAUDIBLE)

GRACE: Ms. Jones -- Ms. Jones, your theory that the live-in boyfriend sexually attacked the little girl and that he killed her when she threatened to tell -- what do you base that on?

JONES: Because Hailey had told me (INAUDIBLE) him been living there in the past that he would walk around at nighttime, and the hall light would be on, and she could see his shadow at her door, at the foot of the door. She could see his legs at the foot of the door, just at her door, just standing there. And it scared her. And I don`t know, things just don`t add up that Monday. Why would he leave his job? He didn`t quit, he just left his job.

GRACE: You know what`s odd about that, Connie Jones -- with us taking your calls live is Hailey`s mother, Billie Dunn, and her grandmother, Connie Jones. Ms. Jones, I asked that question several times last night, and this is what I got, that he showed up around 6:00 AM to work. He went to the soft drink machine, he got a Coke or whatever he got, he took a few sips out of it, he looked at his boss and walked out. There wasn`t an argument. He didn`t get fired. He didn`t say, I quit. He just walked out. He wasn`t there over 15 minutes. Now, why do you drive all the way to work, which is well over 20 miles to where he works...

JONES: Yes.

GRACE: ... drink a soda, take a look at your boss and walk out? And then the cell phone pings place him back in Colorado City, there at the home. He did not go straight to his mother`s, the way he said he did.

But I want to get back to what you told me. Hailey was afraid of him?

JONES: Yes, ma`am. She told me...

GRACE: Why...

JONES: ... a number of times that she was afraid of him.

BILLIE DUNN: Why didn`t nobody tell me?

GRACE: Well, hold on, Billie. Hold on, Billie Dunn. What was she afraid of? What specifically would she say, Ms. Jones?

JONES: That she was afraid of him walking around at night. She said that he`d go in the bathroom and he`d use Billie`s phone and talk to people and then come out and just stand by her door. She said he -- she was just afraid of him. At this time, she was only, like, 11.

GRACE: Did she tell you anything other than him standing by her bedroom door at night?

JONES: No. She said he never tried any advances toward her or anything and...

GRACE: Did you ask her?

JONES: Yes, ma`am. I asked her a lot if he ever tried anything to her. And I told her, I said, If he ever tries anything, you tell your mom and your dad. I said, Don`t -- I said, He can`t -- he`s not going to get away with it, Hailey, if he ever touches you in any way.

GRACE: And what would she say? When you would tell her that, what would she say?

JONES: She said that she would and everything. And the last couple of months, I hadn`t seen her very much because her dad moved over to Colorado City. And she usually spends the night, sometimes the weekend with me, and I hadn`t seen her that much. But she always called me, almost every day.

GRACE: Have you shared your theory with your son, Hailey`s father?

JONES: Yes, I have. I told him that she was afraid of him.

GRACE: What did he say?

JONES: I don`t remember what he said. I know he was concerned, but I don`t really remember what he said. There were times he would talk to Billie, they would get into an argument. So I guess they just quit talking to each other.

Grandma seemed VERY credible to me..and the emotion in her voice just broke my heart....I bet she lays awake at night wishing she had done more...

I don't think for one second Hailey's Grandmother has any nefarious intentions whatsoever, she just wants her Grandbaby home safe and sound. JMO

I remember her saying she's afraid SA raped and murdered Hailey on NG. It was also part of the lead-in intro and I think written in quotes on the bottom of the screen. I was shocked by it. It was the same day that we first heard from Nana in a press interview.

Btw, I think Nana is absolutely devastated, you can hear it in her voice. Pain and guilt - I wouldn't want to be in her shoes. I still find it very odd that she says she told Clint about Hailey's fear of SA's night lurking, but she can't remember what Clint said in response. Just find it curious.

Oh did she,I'll have to go read that again.I just remember she was pretty lost sounding and frightened.I just didn't hear her screaming or anything.I just felt she was being careful with BD,but at the same time feeling SA did something.

I want so much to believe H just ran off....but I seriously doubt that a 13 yr. old could do that without leaving any clues to her whereabouts.....when my niece ran off with a boy she met on the internet, she left in the middle of the afternoon while her parents were at work, no one saw anything....no one even knew she was talking to a boy, but my sister soon found out by checking the computer.....so what I am saying is if a 17 yr. old couldn't get away without leaving clues, how could a 13 yr. old? Butsomeone who is into crime stories and all would have an idea of how to go about that.....

I do think her emotions are real, but her feelings are coming from a very complicated relationship with her ex-DIL. Seems to me that she is going to be on her son's "side" during their separation, if there were conflicts.

She may be more apt to believe HD's accusations, because she wanted to for other reasons KWIM?

I do..and I don't doubt that 'blood is thicker than water' but if she wanted to do some major damage she could have I bet..She said that it was one time that Hailey told her that and never mentioned it again. I guess what I'm trying to say is that she could have made it sound a whole lot worse and she didn't...tells me much as far as her motives...

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26501844/detail.html

What do you make of this? Do you think he suspects BD?

Where have we seen this divide before? Terri and Kaine Horman split a few weeks after Kyron went missing as Kaine learned of Terri trying to hire someone to murder him. Slowly as the days went on just after Kyron went missing, Kaine grew suspicious of Terri's behavior. She didn't seem interested in doing the things that needed to be done to help find Kyron.

Is this what is happening in this case? Is CD growing more and more suspicious of BD?

Didn't he "need" to separate from that "situation", because they got evicted from the house they were in? For pot possession, him being there and not being on lease?

Could be his Mom is having a negative influence on him too. She seems very verbal. Up until just then, he had always said positive things about BD.

Her nursing license was revoked.

I believe she was practicing without a license in 2007, and it was revoked in 2008, so it probably didn't have anything to do with SA being a bad influence.

I am trying really hard to find where I saw this, however the Nana, CD's mom stated that even BD had come and spent some nights with her since SA had been living there "to get away from him for a little while"....honestly I heard her say that and I will continue to look. If I am correct that shows that even BD had her own "leary feelings" of him....Right now speculation and mind blown on my part but will continue to dig for where I saw that. If anyone has also heard this on video, please help me out.

I keep thinking of the recent case where the bodies were hidden in the trunk of a tree. Out of all the cases I have followed in the past this would have to be the best place to hide a body if you didn't want it to be found. If they follow crime stories then they would have been aware of this recent one. Are there many large trees around the area?

I am trying really hard to find where I saw this, however the Nana, CD's mom stated that even BD had come and spent some nights with her since SA had been living there "to get away from him for a little while"....honestly I heard her say that and I will continue to look. If I am correct that shows that even BD had her own "leary feelings" of him....Right now speculation and mind blown on my part but will continue to dig for where I saw that. If anyone has also heard this on video, please help me out.

I remember her saying that as well. It was in an article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas