TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have all the excerpts of everything Billie's ever said on NG on my website. I'll go look again. Thanks!

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329036

This link contains the quote of what Billie said about the possibility of a happy ending, "it's not looking good". This is a write-up from an interview that was taped. Billie actually says it twice in the interview which is done outside of her house with Clint. I'll find that for you too.

I googled and the first thing that came up was YOUR post on WS asking about it. LOL So I suppose I will have to wait and read it while in line at the market.

If you google the title of that article it comes up with various links to that edition of the magazine. The article is not cached and all but the title just comes up. I suppose OK magazine uploaded it's new edition and the other is gone.

Watched Billie's PC again and noticed that she never says what time SA went to bed Sunday night. Only that she and SA were watching TV in their bedroom; Hailey was playing XBox in DD's bedroom, then BD later saw Hailey watching TV in her bedroom, said goodnight and went to bed.

Maybe just nit-picking, but, I wonder why she doesn't mention SA going to bed, as well? Seems like, as far as she knows, SA could have been awake all night.

Just my opinion.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329036

This link contains the quote of what Billie said about the possibility of a happy ending, "it's not looking good". This is a write-up from an interview that was taped. Billie actually says it twice in the interview which is done outside of her house with Clint. I'll find that for you too.

From 1/13 Nancy Grace

B. Dunn: Right now, it`s not feeling good to me that I`m going to be able to hold my daughter again.
Note: same episode as Nana Jones talks about SA creeping on the phone at night...

BeanE: I'm not sure it's your search engine. I watched the video with Clint and Billie outside of the house where Billie says, "it's not looking good, it's not feeling good". Watched it at least 3 times. Now, there appears to be another video without those statements attached to the article. Unless I'm losing my mind...

Watched Billie's PC again and noticed that she never says what time SA went to bed Sunday night. Only that she and SA were watching TV in their bedroom; Hailey was playing XBox in DD's bedroom, then BD later saw Hailey watching TV in her bedroom, said goodnight and went to bed.

Maybe just nit-picking, but, I wonder why she doesn't mention SA going to bed, as well? Seems like, as far as she knows, SA could have been awake all night.

Just my opinion.
nope... it must be contagious cause I got it too. and it creeps me out! I don't think he slept with BD THAT night either.
MOO too!

NG Jan 4

GRACE: What can you tell me about these bloodhounds? We are learning police have brought bloodhounds out to your home, and they went from your home to a local motel?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I kind of don`t know what to say now since I heard police were being tight-lipped about it, but I`ll go ahead and say they started toward her dad`s house. They didn`t go there. They stopped, turned around, went to her friend`s, went to that motel, where they told me they`re reviewing video surveillance. There was video surveillance there. But didn`t have much luck there.

GRACE: And what motel is it, Billie? What is the name of the motel?

BILLIE DUNN: Western Inn or Western Suites. It`s a new motel close to my house.

GRACE: How far away is it?

BILLIE DUNN: Three to four blocks.

GRACE: Just three to four blocks.

BILLIE DUNN: Right.

GRACE: And what else did police tell you?

BILLIE DUNN: We hear that another lady says she saw Hailey, her friend and a boy she didn`t recognize Monday evening — it was already dark — walking on the main street by a store. So they`re looking at that video surveillance, too, seeing if that story checks out, see if they can put her somewhere that evening.

1- NG is talking about and asking Billie about the dogs and the hotel, and Billie starts talking about Hailey walking on the street near the store.

Is this the Redbox thing? Is the Redbox near the hotel? (Hoping nobody notices how lazy I am not to Google map it myself... :angel:)

2 - For some reason I missed that LE has surveillance video for that store. So, looks to me like they checked the store video, and ruled that one out. Although they almost always say "could not corroborate" just on the off-chance something comes along that can confirm it.

The sighting corroboration thing, IMO, is like when LE says about a missing child that they *hope* or *believe* a child is alive, or that they have no evidence the child is deceased. They simply can't, and won't, say either the child is alive or the child is dead without irrefutable proof. They can't. And they'd be fools to.

But back to the sightings, there is always a period of time during which their statements are "we're checking it", "we're testing it", "we're trying to confirm", etc. Then come the statements of ruled out, confirmed, corroborated, could not corroborate, etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've found it's important to tune in closely to the exact words LE uses. And that "could not corroborate" is as good as ruled out - to me.

Too much coffee too quickly. I'm rambling. :)

I noted way back that the first time I read anything about these red earrings I misread it to say "red herring," and so far nothing has been presented to shake that initial (albeit misread) impression. The whole earring business strikes me as yet another attempt to throw attention on others.

I agree about the red herring and the irrelevance to Hailey's disappearance completely.

What I do find strange is that (to me) the missing earring was an attempt to imply something about certain family members and refocus attention away from Billie's house. The fact that DD is so attached to these earring stories also makes me curious for some reason. If I was LE, I'd be interested in the earring from the perspective of seriously questioning the motive of the person(s) who threw the red herring out there to the media (pretty incriminating if done intentionally, imo).

From 1/13 Nancy Grace

B. Dunn: Right now, it`s not feeling good to me that I`m going to be able to hold my daughter again.
Note: same episode as Nana Jones talks about SA creeping on the phone at night...

That's it! That's what I was looking for!

DUNN: But right now it`s not feeling good to me that I am going to be able to hold my daughter again, or that I am going to be waiting for her to come in from school, too.

Thank you, my friend. :blowkiss:

NG Jan 4

GRACE: What can you tell me about these bloodhounds? We are learning police have brought bloodhounds out to your home, and they went from your home to a local motel?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I kind of don`t know what to say now since I heard police were being tight-lipped about it, but I`ll go ahead and say they started toward her dad`s house. They didn`t go there. They stopped, turned around, went to her friend`s, went to that motel, where they told me they`re reviewing video surveillance. There was video surveillance there. But didn`t have much luck there.

GRACE: And what motel is it, Billie? What is the name of the motel?

BILLIE DUNN: Western Inn or Western Suites. It`s a new motel close to my house.

GRACE: How far away is it?

BILLIE DUNN: Three to four blocks.

GRACE: Just three to four blocks.

BILLIE DUNN: Right.

GRACE: And what else did police tell you?

BILLIE DUNN: We hear that another lady says she saw Hailey, her friend and a boy she didn`t recognize Monday evening — it was already dark — walking on the main street by a store. So they`re looking at that video surveillance, too, seeing if that story checks out, see if they can put her somewhere that evening.

1- NG is talking about and asking Billie about the dogs and the hotel, and Billie starts talking about Hailey walking on the street near the store.

Is this the Redbox thing? Is the Redbox near the hotel? (Hoping nobody notices how lazy I am not to Google map it myself... :angel:)

2 - For some reason I missed that LE has surveillance video for that store. So, looks to me like they checked the store video, and ruled that one out. Although they almost always say "could not corroborate" just on the off-chance something comes along that can confirm it.

The sighting corroboration thing, IMO, is like when LE says about a missing child that they *hope* or *believe* a child is alive, or that they have no evidence the child is deceased. They simply can't, and won't, say either the child is alive or the child is dead without irrefutable proof. They can't. And they'd be fools to.

But back to the sightings, there is always a period of time during which their statements are "we're checking it", "we're testing it", "we're trying to confirm", etc. Then come the statements of ruled out, confirmed, corroborated, could not corroborate, etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've found it's important to tune in closely to the exact words LE uses. And that "could not corroborate" is as good as ruled out - to me.

Too much coffee too quickly. I'm rambling. :)

BBM: I agree.
Also, if there were some confirmation of any of these sightings, LE would then have a suspected direction of travel, and subsequently likely be able to issue an Amber Alert. Which they were not.

I agree about the red herring and the irrelevance to Hailey's disappearance completely.

What I do find strange is that (to me) the missing earring was an attempt to imply something about certain family members and refocus attention away from Billie's house. The fact that DD is so attached to these earring stories also makes me curious for some reason. If I was LE, I'd be interested in the earring from the perspective of seriously questioning the motive of the person(s) who threw the red herring out there to the media (pretty incriminating if done intentionally, imo).

Keeping in mind too that the red earrings were not
part of the initial description of what Hailey was wearing. The red earrings did not come into play until a week or longer IIRC.

DUNN: But right now it`s not feeling good to me that I am going to be able to hold my daughter again, or that I am going to be waiting for her to come in from school, too.

This strikes me as an odd statement......if she worked 7-7, when did she EVER see Hailey come in from school? kwim??

In somewhere way back at the beginning of these threads, NS stated she only found one earring the day HD asked her to pick them up, then I beleive they moved in 2 days after that, and DD or NS found the other one under the couch, and DD took it to his Mom. Not real sure if BD has them both now or NS still has one and BD has one.
But from what I can come up with , they both were accounted for ! IF not then , that is another story. JMO
Perhaps I'm just thick, but didn't NS say HD removed the red earings herself?

If Hailey herself removed them, and placed them on the floor, what is everyone so worried about the earings for? There is no mystery here then, is there?

What am I missing?

That's why I'm trying to figure out where the other earring is and whether BD was actually in possession of both of them or knew that both of them were accounted for when she threw that out there. Here is her explanation on NG....

GRACE: What can you tell me about that earring, Billie, the earring that was found on CD`s living room floor? Did it match what Hailey was wearing when she went missing?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I reported when she was missing that I thought she was wearing those red hoop earrings. She had been wearing them for about a week. She was actually trying to stretch out her earlobe, and I told her she could use those, but that`s the biggest she could go and she had been wearing them. And D found the earring on the floor whenever Clint and Naomi (ph) were moving out and brought it home.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/19/ng.01.html

Keeping in mind too that the red earrings were not
part of the initial description of what Hailey was wearing. The red earrings did not come into play until a week or longer IIRC.

This is the first mention of earrings I could find anywhere:
http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/06/search-for-missing-teen-intensifies/

It's on Jan 6, an interesting day. The pink and white tennis shoes also turned into flip flops that day.

And when you look at what was going on the day - and night - before, it becomes even more interesting:

Jan 05

Texas Rangers search Hailey’s home. Spend 10 minutes in the shed. Evidence taken.

Both grandmothers (Connie Ostrander and Connie Jones) speak to the media.

Billie and Shawn again go to take polygraphs. Billie takes pain medication and antibiotics before the test for a tooth.

Both fail their polygraphs.

Shawn is interrogated afterwards, but walks out of the interrogation during the third phase, when investigators try to pin down Hailey’s location.

About 8pm, David tells a Texas Ranger that Shawn has “bolted”. New report that Shawn is "missing". Eventually Shawn is found at his grandmother’s home.

LE receives call that Shawn’s mother is on her way to get her computer back. LE stops downloading data and places the computer into evidence.

Billie is interrogated for 10 hours after her poly, then walks out of her interrogation after midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member