TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhhh. thanks.

I wonder if they had a subscription?
a subscription AND internet access. As for stopping your kid. There really isn't much you can do - this coming from an XBox mom. I went round and round with XBox a couple years back about "parental controls" and using my credit card. Once your card # is in the "box" (used to pay for subscription) - well then that card # can be used to buy anything and everything that's on there. Lay down some HARD, SERIOUS rules with them. Mine is now 21, he's very smart and will tell you XBox is NOT for kids. He still plays but not as much as he used to.

It requires an internet connection and a monthly subscription.

Just wondering if Hailey ever took it to friends/ relatives of parents as they visited, using internet somewhere other than CCity.........
SA mom lives in another city.......could she use it there?
Did she go there often???
BF or RSO in other city?
LE should of had that Xbox from day 1 or2!!!:banghead:

Will it take pictures of people playing, even if there is no subscription?
nooooo you do not need a subscription for kinect....the camera does not peak into your room for others to spy without your approval to do a video chat... kinect is a video recorder and camera that just shows YOU the pics and videos after you play or dance or whatever....

Will it take pictures of people playing, even if there is no subscription?

I believe so. My DD and my SIL brought theirs over and played from CD's. I don't think they connected live at all. It's a hoot. The pictures where play by play of whatever they had been playing. Like dancing or hurdles.

oh ok i think i get it now the LE was looking in or around residents and the ccity locals was looking around town and dunn. am i correct. when i said locals i ment ccity locals. sorry for the confusion. of corse i dont know for sure if they were in fact LE cause all they said is there with search and rescue. so

Yeah police FBI, rangers etc.. were in plain clothes searching homes, regular citizens were searching along roads etc. They weren't going door to door :)

I'm so glad to hear they were at your house, they are looking hard, that's a wonderful thing!! :)

Not to mention THE CAR!
yes, that link said they took her car. Was SA driving her car? He took her to work and picked her up. But a local said her car just broke down last week - so.... That article wasn't clear. Just "a car" - no make model, nothing else.

Theres a ghost town near CC called Cuthbert. Does anyone know if theres building still there? Has that area been searched, its abt 15 miles from CC?

Bumping this because I think it's a good question! I was afraid it would get lost in the Xbox madness LOL.

imo they did or LE would have had no reason to take the xbox...jmo
It has a hard drive? That stores where, when and what a person's done in the past on it? So even if BD doesn't have internet at home, the XBox could have been taken somewhere else to be used by a household member, and LE's checking the hard drive, mebbe?

nooooo you do not need a subscription for kinect....the camera does not peak into your room for others to spy without your approval to do a video chat... kinect is a video recorder and camera that just shows YOU the pics and videos after you play or dance or whatever....

Thanks... I didn't mean taking secret pics - I meant can you use it to take pics while playing, w/o a subscription...

I ain't paying for no subscription and it's right in the family room. :great: Which I am always in when he and his friends are using it!

Just had to make sure;)

Same here. It stays in our tv room. I use it alot as well. The only disadvantage is I can only hear my sons side of the conversation when he has his headset on.

does anyone use their iphone to read here and post ? I can't figure out how to thank a post from tapatalk? Had to log on to the laptop to thank the first post on this thread.

i use my iphone and tap talk too, i don't think you can but if you find out let me know too please.......

Agreed it's like clint is being totally ignored, what about searching hailey's stuff at his house??
Hud housing only allows 1 bedroom per child UNLESS they are same sex so there house is a 2 bedroom, so she wouldn't have her own room there, but i bet she had some of her belongings there. What if they have clues??? NO i don't think clint is suspect in any shapr nor form.

Am just hoping and hoping that tunnel vision has not set in on the investigation. Over the next few days they are going to validate the RSO's whereabouts. Today they take one of Billie's cars. Not all polygraphs have been given yet. Civillians are out searching and TES is on standby. Scent dogs were brought onto scene after day 4 or 5.

Where is the sense of urgency in all of this - there is a 13 year old daughter and sister missing.

Where has the good old fashioned common sense gone? :banghead:

A lot of parents are very naive to the fact that it is super easy for kids to get online, in this day and time. Everything from school to your neighbor having a strong open wireless router: a kid can be up and surfing in no time on their many electronic devices.

It has a hard drive? That stores where, when and what a person's done in the past on it? So even if BD doesn't have internet at home, the XBox could have been taken somewhere else to be used by a household member, and LE's checking the hard drive, mebbe?
absolutely... it will hold all messages texts friends and locations ...

Bumping this because I think it's a good question! I was afraid it would get lost in the Xbox madness LOL.

Is this the area where the old cotton gin was identified - I did look it up and there is apparently some ghost stories associated with the area nearby or at the old cotton gin. LE did say they were going to search the old cotton gin but not sure if this is in the area that you are describing but think it is.

Same here. It stays in our tv room. I use it alot as well. The only disadvantage is I can only hear my sons side of the conversation when he has his headset on.
just grab it and put it on occasionally .... i do.... :great:

Is this the area where the old cotton gin was identified - I did look it up and there is apparently some ghost stories associated with the area nearby or at the old cotton gin. LE did say they were going to search the old cotton gin but not sure if this is in the area that you are describing but think it is.

Is it a hangout or magnet for rowdy teens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx