TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the area where the old cotton gin was identified - I did look it up and there is apparently some ghost stories associated with the area nearby or at the old cotton gin. LE did say they were going to search the old cotton gin but not sure if this is in the area that you are describing but think it is.

Thank you Elepher! Beyond Belief asked it (good thinking BB!), I was just curious also.

http://www.facebook.com/findhaileydunn
Newest update on FB page, Re: TES:

Family requested TES, but per FB page, TES is saying
that they are in contact with local LE and
are on standby.
Discussion by local LE if TES should come in and
where they might be needed most.

I also think the area of the state park should be searched, I think that was 11 miles away.

Parks :( cotton gins :( Fields :(
What are the chances she's going to come home alive??? Realistically
After Jonathan was found like he was I almost needed therapy.. I don't think I can handle another baby not making it home alive :(

Hitting the alert button on your last post and typing a question is the fasted way to contact a mod.

:floorlaugh:

Oh yes, we come in here like bees on honey. :lol:

Ok, I've been embarrassed to ask this up until now, but the curiousity is killing me. What does a dry lake bed look like? Cause all I am imagining is flat, desert like, cracked dirt. Like area 51:waitasec:

I also think the area of the state park should be searched, I think that was 11 miles away.

I never gave it any thought about how many places there are for a " missing " person to be, until my nephew turned up missing. Small town, in rural Indiana. Corn fields and fields and fields and woods and trails and ...........It blew my mind when we were forming search parties. It was 3 days and it was finally an organized line search in a marked out grid ( is that what they call it ? ) that turned up his body in the first 30 minutes :( Just overwhelming.

Ok, I've been embarrassed to ask this up until now, but the curiousity is killing me. What does a dry lake bed look like? Cause all I am imagining is flat, desert like, cracked dirt. Like area 51:waitasec:

Me too! That is what our creeks look like during droughts in the summer

The kids that I babysit have the new xbox with Kinect and are using the neighbors wireless because they don't have internet. If her neighbor has internet she could have been using their wireless for both the ipod and the xbox.

I didn't know you could video chat with Kinect there must be some type of menu thing you need to go into to be able to do that. I just played the bowling kinect yesterday with one of the kids. It's actually a lot of fun & I can see why young kids might like it.

Law enforcement officials are focusing their search on the northern areas in Colorado City, and KTXS has learned, as far north as the community of Dunn, about 13 miles north of Colorado City. Search officials have also said they’re interested in searching an abandoned cotton gin in the area.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26403846/detail.html

I live in a house at the Country View RV Park (across from the cotton gin) and the house behind my house is abandoned and is used for storage. One night a few years ago in the abandoned one me and my friends were messing around and suddenly a room started flashing like a strobe light but there is no electricity in the house, I wasn't scared at first then somebody yelled ghost and we all ran out. I have tried to see it again over the years, but it was the only time it ever happened.

http://www.ghostsofamerica.com/7/Texas_Snyder_ghost_sightings.html

This is located in Snyder so may not be the one identified by LE.

Parks :( cotton gins :( Fields :(
What are the chances she's going to come home alive??? Realistically
After Jonathan was found like he was I almost needed therapy.. I don't think I can handle another baby not making it home alive :(
I'm in the same boat with you, Jonathan's murder literally put me in bed, and I am not weak person. Now Hailey right behind him.

I never gave it any thought about how many places there are for a " missing " person to be, until my nephew turned up missing. Small town, in rural Indiana. Corn fields and fields and fields and woods and trails and ...........It blew my mind when we were forming search parties. It was 3 days and it was finally an organized line search in a marked out grid ( is that what they call it ? ) that turned up his body in the first 30 minutes :( Just overwhelming.

Yes, it is a grid search. Sadly I think that is what so many don't realize. While it is very good to do "hasty's" and lots of people are found this way, a grid search is really the only way to effectively "clear" an area.

A member of a civilian search party found a pair of sunglasses and a knife-cover in a creek north of the city.

It was just after 4:00pm that Jenkins discovered the knife-cover floating in the water.

The creek is less than a mile away from a residence where Shawn Adkins is staying at this time.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23252

This is simply beautiful to the eyes - way to go Lamar!

"Based on the situation and them not being able to issue an amber alert, I thought this is something that we could probably put together," Tim Ritter, General Manager of Lamar advertising posted the first "Missing Hailey Dunn" billboard in Abilene this week but has already expanded the digital messages state-wide.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329177

Attachments

• Billboard.png
    Billboard.png
    285.9 KB · Views: 32
Yes, it is a grid search. Sadly I think that is what so many don't realize. While it is very good to do "hasty's" and lots of people are found this way, a grid search is really the only way to effectively "clear" an area.

I understand that now, my husband was literally 30 feet from his body and never saw him due to the underbrush etc that was hiding him.

A member of a civilian search party found a pair of sunglasses and a knife-cover in a creek north of the city.

It was just after 4:00pm that Jenkins discovered the knife-cover floating in the water.

The creek is less than a mile away from a residence where Shawn Adkins is staying at this time.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23252

Hello All! New here to the forum. :)

So from the report above, looks like Adkins may have an attorney as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx