TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are different outlets, one is CBS affiliated, one is ABC. Thanks @susiQ for finding and posting the other link too. It seems like for every report that we can find that says one thing, we can find 2 others that say something else! The reporter in the video that susiQ posted said that HB's mom had confirmed that she was found in the trunk of an SUV. Whether that is true, remains a mystery to me right now. JMO

imo, the ME asked for the seal on info. I think he was in charge of the investigation once a body was discovered. Moo
Might be why LE aren’t talking. Moo

Vigil tomorrow:
Austin community honoring Heidi Broussard with candlelight vigil

Last edited:
imo, the ME asked for the seal on info. I think he was in charge of the investigation once a body was discovered. Moo
Might be why LE aren’t talking. Moo

Vigil tomorrow:
Austin community honoring Heidi Broussard with candlelight vigil
From the article:

This Saturday, Jan. 4, a candlelight vigil to honor Broussard will take place at Mary Moore Searight Metropolitan Park in South Austin from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. The park is located at 907 West Slaughter Lane near Southpark Meadows. The event is open to the public.

I think they are different outlets, one is CBS affiliated, one is ABC. Thanks @susiQ for finding and posting the other link too. It seems like for every report that we can find that says one thing, we can find 2 others that say something else! The reporter in the video that susiQ posted said that HB's mom had confirmed that she was found in the trunk of an SUV. Whether that is true, remains a mystery to me right now. JMO

Indeed, it makes one want to call all of the original reporters to ask for clarification!

RE: Sealing of arrest affidavit:

18.01(b). The judge may order the affidavit sealed if the attorney establishes a compelling state interest in that:

(1) public disclosure of the affidavit would jeopardize the safety of a victim, witness, or confidential informant or cause the destruction of evidence; or

(2) the affidavit contains information obtained from a court-ordered wiretap that has not expired at the time the attorney representing the state requests the sealing of the affidavit.

(b) An order sealing an affidavit under this section expires on the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed. After an original order sealing an affidavit is issued under this article, an attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request, and a judge may grant, before the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed, on a new finding of compelling state interest, one 30-day extension of the original order.

(c) On the expiration of an order issued under Subsection (b) and any extension, the affidavit must be unsealed.

(d) An order issued under this section may not:

(1) prohibit the disclosure of information relating to the contents of a search warrant, the return of a search warrant, or the inventory of property taken pursuant to a search warrant; or

(2) affect the right of a defendant to discover the contents of an affidavit.

Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 355 (S.B. 244), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2007.

CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE CHAPTER 18. SEARCH WARRANTS

Yes so sorry - I was looking at YOUR video when I typed that :). Too late to edit.

Mystery is right.

No problem, it actually led me back to articles/tweets from those reporters.

This article states:
Heidi's mother, Tammy Broussard, confirmed to CBS Austin's Melanie Barden that the body found belongs to Heidi, and that Margo is in CPS custody.

Which led me to her twitter account... Melanie Barden (@MelanieCBS) | Twitter

Melanie Barden [URL='https://twitter.com/MelanieCBS']@MelanieCBS[/URL]

Absolutely devastating speaking with Heidis mother.

This is the reporter that was at the Houston home early morning on the 20th, I found and posted the raw 2 1/2 hour video the other day, but here is another link to it (from CBS houston's twitter page). In the video that susiQ shared, that reporter also says that Michelle Choi was live at the scene still (we have read lots of tweets from her).

So at least I'm a bit more confident that at least this group of reporters were actually on scene or directly talked to TB, but still a question of whether the one reporter misspoke or not about the SUV.

Indeed, it makes one want to call all of the original reporters to ask for clarification!

Yep, it does! I do have a feeling that a bit of the confusion is because records are sealed, LE isn't confirming anything right now and the media wants to continue a good working relationship with LE in the area, so they are not reporting things that they may know but have been asked not to publish. There were a lot of live broadcasts that night/next morning, some of those have been uploaded, some have not.

All JMO

I went back to the first postings on this case and found mention of the black SUV. Neighbors at the apartment in Austin have stated they were asked if they had seen a black SUV. Neighbors who owned SUV's even said their cars were checked. So my thoughts are that this is the vehicle Heidi was seen getting into. I think her body could have been moved to the Nissan in Houston. LE has been looking for this vehicle. This is the only vehicle, in any of the reporting, they have shown an interest in prior to discovery of the Nissan. jmo

Thank you for posting that. I thought I remembered that but then someone else said, no, and that inquiries about the black SUV were of the Houston neighbors, not the Austin neighbors.

If CG was out of town, he must have flown and that thing used his car for this terrible crime. Imagine coming home to all of this.

Last edited:
If another arrest is made or if more charges are filed will this info be released or does it fall under the sealed info? tia
They may seal that or they may not, but it doesn't pertain to what is already sealed which is the probable cause affidavit for MF's kidnapping and tampering charges. MOO

CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos
The probable cause document -- which typically outlines the facts that justify an arrest -- has been sealed by the judge because the investigation is ongoing.

They may seal that or they may not, but it doesn't pertain to what is already sealed which is the probable cause affidavit for MF's kidnapping and tampering charges. MOO

CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos
The probable cause document -- which typically outlines the facts that justify an arrest -- has been sealed by the judge because the investigation is ongoing.
So, maybe if there is another arrest or charges are updated we'll know! Thanks..

Thank you for posting that. I thought I remembered that but then someone else said, no, and that inquiries about the black SUV were of the Houston neighbors, not the Austin neighbors.

If CG was out of town, he must have flown and that thing used his car for this terrible crime. Imagine coming home to all of this.
I'm not really sure what my feelings are on him. I'm sure LE has checked him out thoroughly but we wouldn't know if he's been cleared completely or not because of everything being sealed. jmo

Been following from the beginning with a lot of confusing details but the one answer no one seems to know is about the silver Nissan. There was a photo/video a couple of threads back with the car still at the residence the following day. The yellow police tape was gone and there was no supervision . I don’t understand why it wasn’t impounded immediately being the main object of a homicide.

I believe it was confirmed up thread that a reporter said there was someone watching it. I would guess the car would be towed back to Austin for processing and that could take time to arrange. AMOO

The Harris County Medical Examiner's report is complete, and the official location of death remains:
"TRUNK OF VEHICLE - HOUSTON, TEXAS"
For anyone wishing to confirm directly, it is Case No. ML19-4432 and the link is:
Case Status

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-03 Case Status.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-03 Case Status.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 52
It has occurred to me that perhaps the automobile that is the place of death has already been fully processed, and is awaiting transport to Austin because the entire car is a piece of evidence. Just a thought, and IMO

If another arrest is made or if more charges are filed will this info be released or does it fall under the sealed info? tia
Any new arrest will fall under the court seal that is valid until January 17, 2020. The seal will need to be renewed on that date by investigators. If no action, the court will lift the seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe