TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As crystal clear as that reporter sounds, the one in the video below is just as crystal clear that a reporter confirmed with Heidi's mother that she was found in the trunk of an SUV (around the 2:50 mark) LE has not confirmed anything about where Heidi was found, other than to say on the property IIRC

interesting, huh? Because Tammy wouldn’t even know about suv belonging to the landlord (based on initial reports) unless someone specifically told her, right? Moo

As crystal clear as that reporter sounds, the one in the video below is just as crystal clear that a reporter confirmed with Heidi's mother that she was found in the trunk of an SUV (around the 2:50 mark) LE has not confirmed anything about where Heidi was found, other than to say on the property IIRC

Interesting -- the SUV in the video does appear to be inside the taped off area. The narrating reporter indicates this report on Friday morning, 12/20 with the disclaimer that they do not want to be first with the news on this case but want to be correct and are vetting their information. Hmmm....

interesting, huh? Because Tammy wouldn’t even know about suv belonging to the landlord (based on initial reports) unless someone specifically told her, right? Moo

Good point! There are a few tweets out there about a black SUV being searched that night, but IIRC, the reports from neighbours about the 'landlord' driving a black SUV didn't come in until later the next day or later in the day from when this video was taken, at least as far as I can tell. JMO

That is the best report on the arrest and discovery, by far, but that one little word "SUV" is an erroneous quote. This is KHOU - ABC in Houston. The Austin news source that she credits is actually KVUE - NBC News, who passed the story to their parent NBC News. It says:
"The missing woman's mother, Tammy Broussard, said early Friday that police told her the body found in Harris County is likely that of her daughter, who has been missing since Dec. 12. Tammy Broussard said the body was found in a car trunk."
Missing Texas mom found dead, newborn found alive, family says; 1 charged

That is the best report on the arrest and discovery, by far, but that one little word "SUV" is an erroneous quote. This is KHOU - ABC in Houston. The Austin news source that she credits is actually KVUE - NBC News, who passed the story to their parent NBC News. It says:
"The missing woman's mother, Tammy Broussard, said early Friday that police told her the body found in Harris County is likely that of her daughter, who has been missing since Dec. 12. Tammy Broussard said the body was found in a car trunk."
Missing Texas mom found dead, newborn found alive, family says; 1 charged

KHOU is actually a CBS affiliate. In the video the reporter says according to CBS Austin, a reporter has talked to HB's mother. I have quoted my post from earlier today (well, yesterday now lol). I was able to somewhat follow it back and figure out which reporter talked to her, it has all the links so I don't have to go find them again :)

No problem, it actually led me back to articles/tweets from those reporters.

This article states:
Heidi's mother, Tammy Broussard, confirmed to CBS Austin's Melanie Barden that the body found belongs to Heidi, and that Margo is in CPS custody.

Which led me to her twitter account... Melanie Barden (@MelanieCBS) | Twitter

Melanie Barden @MelanieCBS

Absolutely devastating speaking with Heidis mother.

This is the reporter that was at the Houston home early morning on the 20th, I found and posted the raw 2 1/2 hour video the other day, but here is another link to it (from CBS houston's twitter page). In the video that susiQ shared, that reporter also says that Michelle Choi was live at the scene still (we have read lots of tweets from her).

So at least I'm a bit more confident that at least this group of reporters were actually on scene or directly talked to TB, but still a question of whether the one reporter misspoke or not about the SUV.

Interesting -- the SUV in the video does appear to be inside the taped off area. The narrating reporter indicates this report on Friday morning, 12/20 with the disclaimer that they do not want to be first with the news on this case but want to be correct and are vetting their information. Hmmm....

I actually think the vehicle is outside the crime scene tape, well, that crime scene tape, because there was more. It can be seen in the photo I've attached. It looks like they put up more maybe a house or 2 away?

Attachments

• mf search.jpg
    mf search.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 57
I actually think the vehicle is outside the crime scene tape, well, that crime scene tape, because there was more. It can be seen in the photo I've attached. It looks like they put up more maybe a house or 2 away?
Thanks for another image. From the video, I didn't think the SUV was on the street.

I have been trying to keep up with these threads and msm, but haven't seen any mention whether there was a baby shower thrown for M.F. and/or if Heidi attended?

If this was her 'first baby', is it customary in Texas for a baby shower to be thrown? (It is typical here in Canada.)

I was thinking that surely M.F.'s huge family would want to give her a baby shower and celebrate her 'first child'....unless....she was perhaps estranged from them?

Nobody from her family seems to be speaking out on her behalf....is it because they were already 'done' with her well before this? If so, what happened?

JMO and speculating

I have been trying to keep up with these threads and msm, but haven't seen any mention whether there was a baby shower thrown for M.F. and/or if Heidi attended?

If this was her 'first baby', is it customary in Texas for a baby shower to be thrown? (It is typical here in Canada.)

Definitely customary.

I was thinking that surely M.F.'s huge family would want to give her a baby shower and celebrate her 'first child'....unless....she was perhaps estranged from them?

Nobody from her family seems to be speaking out on her behalf....is it because they were already 'done' with her well before this? If so, what happened?

JMO and speculating

speculating here, I think her family must be more than mortified & wish to maintain their privacy, especially if they have kids in school. There really isn’t much they can say, imo.

What makes people believe the black SUV is not an LE vehicle?

I'm not sure what it is. I did think it was a LE vehicle, until others pointed out some odd things. Like doors are open, an officer is using a flashlight, bags are either being taken from or taken to the vehicle, more like it's being searched. So I'm not sure. Then I found some tweets from early morning the 20th saying that an SUV was searched and no longer there.

In the earlier in the day video, I don't see a black SUV on the property, and the SUV's I do see, I think are LE one's. But I also don't know if MF's bf/landlord maybe came home between the time that daylight video was taken and when they actually got the search warrants, because I believe it took hours for those search warrants to be completed.

Now, do I think the bf/landlord would be out and about driving with HB's body in the back? I highly doubt it and believe we would have heard about his arrest by now if that was the case. But then it leads me back to wondering why they didn't tow or remove the silver car from the scene sooner. I've read and watched reports that LE had cleared the scene and then one's that say LE was still there. I guess it's just different than what I have known to be done in other cases.

ALL JMO

JMO and speculating

JMO but I think she was estranged from them. First babies do usually bring a baby shower, but I really don't think she had any close friends/family at all, at least not in recent years.

JMO but I think she was estranged from them. First babies do usually bring a baby shower, but I really don't think she had any close friends/family at all, at least not in recent years.
Can you tell me how you know she was estranged from her family?

I'm thinking that regardless of where her body was found, LE thinks the murder took place in Austin or Travis county. They would not have transported her back to Austin if they did not believe the crimes were committed there or Travis county. I think the videos from the apartment complex are the crucial evidence. I would love to know the other locations they are investigating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams