TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know from aerial footage taken during daylight on the 19th that there was no black SUV in the driveway, then we see it there when evidence is being removed.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to think someone backed an SUV into the driveway with HB's body in it after LE began their search. o_O MOO

ita. But I’m not sure about the times on the aerial footage.
If there was no black suv during aerial shots, idk how msm got it so wrong. Did reporters see LE at their suv and assume they were searching the vehicle? Or did MF return home....thinking of a neighbor stating he was asked if his camera had suv on Thursday. Idk the Thursday they (LE) meant. Perplexing. Again, all I think I know is that HB was found, deceased, in a vehicle. Moo

The reporter was told by HB's mother, IIRC - it wasn't said the reporter observed the body in the SUV.

I did not say nor do I believe a reporter observed a body in the suv!!! Moo

I meant, was the suv backed on because there was a body in the back area (trunk/cargo) and the person driving the said suv preferred the rear of the suv to be closer to the house than the road? Smh. Just thinking....if I lived in a subdivision with people walking, I would prefer my vehicle backed in. I would not want neighbors walking past the rear end. Just me though. Moo

ita. But I’m not sure about the times on the aerial footage.
If there was no black suv during aerial shots, idk how msm got it so wrong. Did reporters see LE at their suv and assume they were searching the vehicle? Or did MF return home....thinking of a neighbor stating he was asked if his camera had suv on Thursday. Idk the Thursday they (LE) meant. Perplexing. Again, all I think I know is that HB was found, deceased, in a vehicle. Moo
Reporters get things wrong. I think that's one thing we can all agree on. ;)

We have a photo of MF on the back porch with a Texas Ranger while it is still light out. The black SUV is not in the driveway or anywhere else on the property.

The most obvious conclusion to be drawn from all this is that the SUV belongs to LE. MOO

Last edited:
We know from aerial footage taken during daylight on the 19th that there was no black SUV in the driveway, then we see it there when evidence is being removed.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to think someone backed an SUV into the driveway with HB's body in it after LE began their search. o_O MOO
I actually thought people were trying to figure out who the two black SUVs parked on the street belonged to. Another black SUV was in front of the house the day after she was found.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200104-142714_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200104-142714_Chrome.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 45
Reporters get things wrong. I think that's one thing we can all agree on. ;)

We have a photo of MF on the back porch with a Texas Ranger while it is still light out. The black SUV is not in the driveway or anywhere else on the property.

The most obvious conclusion to be drawn from all this is that the SUV belongs to LE. MOO

Indeed reporters get things wrong! It is possible a black suv belonging to the “landlord” does not exist. I do recall upthread/s a neighbor stating “the male occupant drives a black suv.” But misreporting could again be an issue. One neighbor, Yolanda, thought the house was unoccupied. Moo

I actually thought people were trying to figure out who the two black SUVs parked on the street belonged to. Another black SUV was in front of the house the day after she was found.
Well consider yourself fortunate if you missed the whole trunk/cargo area debate! LOL :p
Indeed reporters get things wrong! It is possible a black suv belonging to the “landlord” does not exist. I do recall upthread/s a neighbor stating “the male occupant drives a black suv.” But misreporting could again be an issue. One neighbor, Yolanda, thought the house was unoccupied. Moo
I think it probably does exist. I just don't believe it's the one we saw in the driveway. MOO

Well let me add to the confusion. Does anyone remember it being reported early on that a black SUV was towed from a Target store lot? I remember reading it but POOF, it's went bye bye. :mad:
I remember a report that it was towed but not any mention of Target. If it went poof, there's a good chance the report was in error. MOO

Heidi Broussard remembered as ‘awesome mom, friend, beautiful spirit’
The Austin community gathered Saturday evening to honor 33-year-old Heidi Broussard, the Austin mother who was found dead in the trunk of a car near Houston in December.

[...]

“She was an awesome mom to begin with, an awesome friend. She had a beautiful spirit about her,” said MC, a dear friend of Broussard’s. “She was always happy, she lit up every room she walked into.”

Image-from-iOS-79.jpg

[...]

MC added that she was with Broussard the day before her disappearance. “We were together, I walked her to her car. We said our ‘I love you’s.'”

[...]

Well, I just did something I've never done before. I emailed KHOU "VERIFY". I'll be shocked if they respond. I asked if they could "verify" info on a black SUV either being towed or belonging to someone at the home where HB was found. Seeing it was one of their reporters that said TB informed them that HB was found "in the trunk of an SUV", who better to clear this up?

Don't worry, I won't hold my breath on this one :)

JAN 4, 2020
https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/heidi-broussard-update-austin-vigil-missing-mom/269-cd2153ff-65ee-4ed6-90da-2ee6b4e36c5e

[...]

On Saturday, a candlelight vigil to honor Broussard was held at Mary Moore Searight Metropolitan Park in South Austin.

[...]

"They say time heals everything, but really it's longer every day; it gets a little bit harder, but then I'm having to accept it," MC said. "I wanna see her. Like, I'm just waiting to see her and I'm not going to see her and I know that, but it's hard."

Fiance Shane Carey's father, Ty, attended the vigil as well, remembering Broussard for the great mother she was.

[...]

Well, I just did something I've never done before. I emailed KHOU "VERIFY". I'll be shocked if they respond. I asked if they could "verify" info on a black SUV either being towed or belonging to someone at the home where HB was found. Seeing it was one of their reporters that said TB informed them that HB was found "in the trunk of an SUV", who better to clear this up?

Good for you!!

Good for you! I won't hold my breath either, but I hope you get a response. MOO

Re the black SUV - I believe it is *not* in MF's driveway, but with one side of the vehicle on the 'sidewalk/cement path' of the home next door (as referenced by the 'tree' in the googlemaps link which pommymommy posted just upthread), and *outside* of the police tape. In the videos posted upthread by pommymommy (linked again below), there are a few instances of an officer walking from the black SUV and crossing underneath the crimescene tape and I believe going 'into' the cordoned-off area, as opposed to away from it. It also seems to me like the officers have parked their black SUV as close as they could, without infringing into the taped off area, and it seems they may be fetching supplies from *within* it, perhaps gloves, evidence bags and such (as opposed to seeking to obtain evidence from inside the vehicle)? Maybe cameras, possibly even forensics outfits (for lack of a better word, sorry)? Also some kind of equipment perhaps? I notice some big square thing behind the SUV? Is it possible they may have had some kind of equipment sitting on the seats of the SUV, which needed to be lugged out? To me, the officers do not seem interested in what is inside the black SUV. jmo.

Screenshot (125).png

Good for you! I won't hold my breath either, but I hope you get a response. MOO
Well, who knows? Then, I find this from KVUE:
go to the 1:40 min. mark and listen to this reporter:
"Investigators found a body in the backyard in this silver Nissan's trunk outside the home Thursday."
Now, on the following day, Friday the 20th, we still see the Nissan in the backyard parked up against the gate. Do those gates swing into the backyard or toward the driveway. If in, how did they get the body out without moving the car? And if they moved it forward and swung open the gate, why the heck move it back?

Has anyone seen those gates open since all this went down?

"Investigators found a body in the backyard in this silver Nissan's trunk outside the home Thursday."
Now, on the following day, Friday the 20th, we still see the Nissan in the backyard parked up against the gate. Do those gates swing into the backyard or toward the driveway. If in, how did they get the body out without moving the car? And if they moved it forward and swung open the gate, why the heck move it back?

I'm sure the gate opens out based on the hinges and gate latch. But I also think they could have gotten a gurney up to the trunk and removed her from the trunk with no problem. Was she transported in the emergency vehicle shown in the video. I thought at first it was in the front because of the red door, but then I noticed the back door is also red. Just thinking as I type...

I don't have an answer about the gates but thank you for finding this! MOO

@Seattle1, at the 1:47 mark: "Investigators found a body in the backyard, in this silver Nissan's trunk."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth