TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 'clip' from same video linked above, it shows a van.. I think it is trying to suggest it is the coroner's van.. however, from a bit of research, it seems this doesn't exactly fit the description of an Austin County Coroner's van,.. can anyone make out what it says on the side or back of the van? Or is this just a completely random photo taken from somewhere in the USA and nothing to do with this case?
View attachment 223879

It actually says "Crime Scene" on it and again, I believe this is at the apartment complex back in Austin.

I noticed this too when watching the video, which made me go and google Houston and Austin's crime scene/forensic units. Their trucks are clearly very white and clearly marked "Crime Scene" on them.

There really *are* so many unanswered questions in this case, and in addition to the ones you have posed above. ie *why* didn't the news get a shot of the coroner's van removing the body, or even just of the coroner's van being there? Why didn't MSM get shots of either or both vehicles of interest being removed from the property? Media had helicopters and all kinds of reporters stationed all over the place and seemingly for many many hours (days?) afterward. How'd all of that get missed? As far as I've seen, forensics people would/should be there dressed in their white suits gathering any evidence, and the vehicle would've been taped up with security tape to prove chain of evidence, etc. Then all the secrecy ordered by the court, and that nobody has yet been charged with murder.. ugh.

Many questions! And we know the media was there, they were there long before the search warrant was executed.

As far as the mystery SUV, it is possible a neighbor commented the male resident drives/owns one & the suv developed wheels (so to speak) with msm. Can’t really rely on what a neighbor claims to know, one thought the home was vacant for years. I’m not a nosy neighbor but can distinguish between occupied or not. And the woman thinking the house was vacant was likely outside and approached by a reporter hounding her for info she did not have. Moo

I too, saw the baby being taken out at the beginning of the video. The body being taken out is later in the presentation. At 1:27 there is a reporter describing the removal of the body, and it quickly shifts to video of the event. It is NOT the same video, although the lineup is similar, because LE used the same tactic for both. IMO
If it's not the right one, then please post the correct video that you believe shows the removal of HB's body. TIA MOO

Another 'clip' from same video linked above, it shows a van.. I think it is trying to suggest it is the coroner's van.. however, from a bit of research, it seems this doesn't exactly fit the description of an Austin County Coroner's van,.. can anyone make out what it says on the side or back of the van? Or is this just a completely random photo taken from somewhere in the USA and nothing to do with this case?
View attachment 223879
Did you try comparing it to a Harris County Medical Examiner's van? I'd like to get a better look at it if you have a link to the video. MOO

ETA: Please disregard - @missy1974 is on it! :)

Lol. I think I know why Shane was wearing that hat. :)
Was at a store and walked by the bargain bin and there was a "Bluetooth Beanie" (yes, that's a thing) with the ability to wear it and listen to your tunes without having to wear earbuds or whatever.
So he just wanted to listen to his music.
I am so hoping that he will get as much help as possible for watching the little ones and learning to be a good parent for Margo and Silas.

He is hopefully being offered help from Heidi's parents.
If there's any way one of them could move closer to the other, to co-parent these kids that would be great.

Hoping for the harshest justice for the monster who took Heidi from her family !!!

Did you try comparing it to a Harris County Medical Examiner's van? I'd like to get a better look at it if you have a link to the video. MOO

here is a link to a google search for ME's van. Very white, very clearly marked.

Here is a link to a search of houston forensic vehicles, very white, very clearly marked.
Here is a link to Austin forensic vehicles, in this link you can clearly see a van like the one in the video at the apartment complex, very white, very clearly marked.

FBI's crime scene vehicles that I could find were also very clearly crime scene vehicles. I did look for DPS and Texas Ranger crime scene vehicles, but was not able to really find anything, but it's unclear to me if they even have their own forensic units/vehicles. Heidi was taken by the Harris County ME's office, but it's also unclear which division did or would be responsible for the forensics at the scene in Houston? I know that it was stated the next day, on the 20th that the case was handed back to Austin PD. Anyone have any idea which of these agencies would be responsible for the crime scene at the Houston home? My guess would be Houston or the FBI, but I'm not sure.

Attachments

• MF medical examiner van.JPG
    MF medical examiner van.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 15
here is a link to a google search for ME's van. Very white, very clearly marked.

Here is a link to a search of houston forensic vehicles, very white, very clearly marked.
Here is a link to Austin forensic vehicles, in this link you can clearly see a van like the one in the video at the apartment complex, very white, very clearly marked.

FBI's crime scene vehicles that I could find were also very clearly crime scene vehicles. I did look for DPS and Texas Ranger crime scene vehicles, but was not able to really find anything, but it's unclear to me if they even have their own forensic units/vehicles. Heidi was taken by the Harris County ME's office, but it's also unclear which division did or would be responsible for the forensics at the scene in Houston? I know that it was stated the next day, on the 20th that the case was handed back to Austin PD. Anyone have any idea which of these agencies would be responsible for the crime scene at the Houston home? My guess would be Houston or the FBI, but I'm not sure.
Thank you for doing all that. I appreciate it, but I was actually interested in seeing the video from which the image of the van was taken until you pointed out that the image was from video at the apartments. No need to see it now. :) MOO

The DPS has a crime lab and crime scene vehicles (a family member was a DNA tech for the crime lab and processed scenes), local LE has a crime scene team. Not sure if the local FBI has processing teams too - but I'd think they would. The ME is not technically a crime scene analyst, although they do have a duty to preserve evidence: FAQs

Well let me add to the confusion. Does anyone remember it being reported early on that a black SUV was towed from a Target store lot? I remember reading it but POOF, it's went bye bye. :mad:

Yes, yes I read that and can't find it now. It was early on when news was breaking that the house was being investigated. Was it a tweet? Got no idea.

View attachment 223879

Thank you for doing all that. I appreciate it, but I was actually interested in seeing the video from which the image of the van was taken until you pointed out that the image was from video at the apartments. No need to see it now. :) MOO

I found this clear one for Harris County from this random news story: Antoine area cafe owner fatally shot in holdup
View attachment 223886
The video clip for that 'crime scene' van is the same video where the pic of the infant swing, the car in the yard, and etc. were all shown.. that video was ALL about the property where MH resided and nothing about where HB lived.. so to intersperse clips of Austin in with this Harris County video is just wrong, imho.
Body of Austin mom found in trunk of car at Houston-area home

The question then remains.. why is there no photo of the ME van/vehicle at the site where the body was reported to have been removed from?? Normally don't the police put up a big tarp so that prying MSM lenses can't zoom in? Yet we see nothing of the sort in this case, no pic of even a parked ME vehicle, nothing.

I am starting to wonder if perhaps there wasn't a whole 'body' in that vehicle, and that MH's 'tampering with a body' charge relates to something more than just moving a body. Is there a different charge there, if someone were to do some horrible stuff to an already dead body, or would the charge still be the same: 'tampering with a corpse' that MH has been charged with?

JAN 5, 2019
Community mourns murdered mom Heidi Broussard at South Austin vigil
[...]

Broussard’s fiancé Shane Carey was absent from the vigil, but his father Ty says Shane is still processing the loss of the mother of his children.

“I’m sure he hasn’t even begun to break that down,” said Carey. “He’s just missing her, I’m sure he hasn’t even begun to enter that room where the nightmares begin.”

... MC says she had never met the woman, but that Broussard would mention her often.

"Heidi spoke a lot about her, and it was really strange because Heidi would tell me that, ‘Isn’t it crazy that me and my best friend are pregnant at the same time, and we both have the same due date?’" recalled MC.

[...]

JAN 5, 2019
Community mourns murdered mom Heidi Broussard at South Austin vigil
[...]

Broussard’s fiancé Shane Carey was absent from the vigil, but his father Ty says Shane is still processing the loss of the mother of his children.

“I’m sure he hasn’t even begun to break that down,” said Carey. “He’s just missing her, I’m sure he hasn’t even begun to enter that room where the nightmares begin.”

... MC says she had never met the woman, but that Broussard would mention her often.

"Heidi spoke a lot about her, and it was really strange because Heidi would tell me that, ‘Isn’t it crazy that me and my best friend are pregnant at the same time, and we both have the same due date?’" recalled MC.

[...]
Crazy indeed.

The video clip for that 'crime scene' van is the same video where the pic of the infant swing, the car in the yard, and etc. were all shown.. that video was ALL about the property where MH resided and nothing about where HB lived.. so to intersperse clips of Austin in with this Harris County video is just wrong, imho.
Body of Austin mom found in trunk of car at Houston-area home

The question then remains.. why is there no photo of the ME van/vehicle at the site where the body was reported to have been removed from?? Normally don't the police put up a big tarp so that prying MSM lenses can't zoom in? Yet we see nothing of the sort in this case, no pic of even a parked ME vehicle, nothing.

I am starting to wonder if perhaps there wasn't a whole 'body' in that vehicle, and that MH's 'tampering with a body' charge relates to something more than just moving a body. Is there a different charge there, if someone were to do some horrible stuff to an already dead body, or would the charge still be the same: 'tampering with a corpse' that MH has been charged with?
I can't tell you why there are no photos of the ME's van but we have reports of it at the scene if that helps. MOO

BREAKING: Baby found in Houston home, body removed in connection with missing mom Heidi Broussard & newborn
Officials removed a body from the home after a medical examiner’s van arrived on Thursday night. So far, the identity is unknown.

Search for missing Austin mom, newborn leads to home near Jersey Village
While KPRC 2 was at the scene late Thursday night, a medical examiner’s van arrived.

ETA: @deugirtni, maybe it's the one seen here at :37?

Last edited:
I can't tell you why there are no photos of the ME's van but we have reports of it at the scene if that helps. MOO

BREAKING: Baby found in Houston home, body removed in connection with missing mom Heidi Broussard & newborn
Officials removed a body from the home after a medical examiner’s van arrived on Thursday night. So far, the identity is unknown.

Search for missing Austin mom, newborn leads to home near Jersey Village
While KPRC 2 was at the scene late Thursday night, a medical examiner’s van arrived.
It's the whole thing that is bugging me.. the no-murder-charge-yet, the non-towing-right-away-of the silver/grey car owned by MH and also it seems no taping the vehicle up to provide a seal on it until it could reach a forensics location, the no photos of tarping it to remove the body, no photos of the ME van that was reportedly there; but meanwhile, there is video of 'Medic 10' removing the infant, crimescene tape around the whole property, cops all over the place, including sitting in the garage with the accused and entering the home with gloves, media there for days even after police had seemingly left. And like someone had noted slightly upthread, media was clearly there at the address earlier in the day, well before dark, and yet they somehow missed photographing the ME vehicle, etc. Doesn't make sense. imo.

It's the whole thing that is bugging me.. the no-murder-charge-yet, the non-towing-right-away-of the silver/grey car owned by MH and also it seems no taping the vehicle up to provide a seal on it until it could reach a forensics location, the no photos of tarping it to remove the body, no photos of the ME van that was reportedly there; but meanwhile, there is video of 'Medic 10' removing the infant, crimescene tape around the whole property, cops all over the place, including sitting in the garage with the accused and entering the home with gloves, media there for days even after police had seemingly left. And like someone had noted slightly upthread, media was clearly there at the address earlier in the day, well before dark, and yet they somehow missed photographing the ME vehicle, etc. Doesn't make sense. imo.
If this was some small town police department going it alone, one unfamiliar with handling a murder case, I’d be concerned.

This involved the FBI, Austin Police, and the Texas Rangers.

They know exactly how to process a crime scene. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Crime scene tape can be seen on the gate while the male neighbor is being interviewed.

Screenshot (138).png Screenshot (139).png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member