TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let me add to the confusion. Does anyone remember it being reported early on that a black SUV was towed from a Target store lot? I remember reading it but POOF, it's went bye bye. :mad:
I remember that a report said the SUV was found at a parking lot. I don't remember if they specified which one.

I'm sure the gate opens out based on the hinges and gate latch. But I also think they could have gotten a gurney up to the trunk and removed her from the trunk with no problem. Was she transported in the emergency vehicle shown in the video. I thought at first it was in the front because of the red door, but then I noticed the back door is also red. Just thinking as I type...
I agree. The hardware is definitely on the outside. There is probably a better photo out there but this is one I had handy.

Screenshot (121).png

Image Source: Khou video posted here TX - TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

Baby Margo was transported in the emergency vehicle (Cy-Fair Medic 10). I don't think we saw HB leave but she would have gone in the coroner's van. :(

MOO

I agree. The hardware is definitely on the outside. There is probably a better photo out there but this is one I had handy.

View attachment 223811

Image Source: Khou video posted here TX - TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

Baby Margo was transported in the emergency vehicle (Cy-Fair Medic 10). I don't think we saw HB leave but she would have gone in the coroner's van. :(

MOO

We have all seen HB's removal many times, and not realized what we were seeing. It, too, was in a CY-FAIR EMT van, not the expected medical examiner's wagon.
In the KHOU-11 video linked, it occurs at 1:27. Officers are lined up in two rows, facing each other, then two people, one at either end of a body bag with handles, quickly move between the lines and into the van. One officer throws his jacket high and wide while putting it back on, to both distract viewers and better block the view. When there are bystanders or gawkers, this is pretty much standard standard procedure for transfer from a home to a vehicle, all across the United States. Basically it is so quick, and smooth, it gets missed. IMO

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-03 Autopsy confirms missing Austin mom Heidi Broussard was strangled.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-03 Autopsy confirms missing Austin mom Heidi Broussard was strangled.png
    579.1 KB · Views: 53
We have all seen HB's removal many times, and not realized what we were seeing. It, too, was in a CY-FAIR EMT van, not the expected medical examiner's wagon.
In the KHOU-11 video linked, it occurs at 1:27. Officers are lined up in two rows, facing each other, then two people, one at either end of a body bag with handles, quickly move between the lines and into the van. One officer throws his jacket high and wide while putting it back on, to both distract viewers and better block the view. When there are bystanders or gawkers, this is pretty much standard standard procedure for transfer from a home to a vehicle, all across the United States. Basically it is so quick, and smooth, it gets missed. IMO
That's not what I see there at all.

First, the video is only 1:27 minutes long. For the benefit of anyone who wants to review this, the part we're discussing begins at about the :46 mark.

Click on the ⚙️ and adjust the speed of the video to .25 to watch it slowly.

I see a red-headed female hand something up (possibly baby Margo). The female's leg is seen entering the vehicle immediately following whatever she handed up. The men with their backs to the camera have their hands in their pockets, with the exception of the guy in the red coat.

Yes, the guy with the plaid flannel, or whatever it is, does whip it up in the air in what we could assume is an attempt at distraction.

The video then skips to the person in a red coat carrying up what is clearly a car seat and a person in black follows him up the steps of the vehicle. I don't think there would be any reason to transport a child's car seat to the medical examiner's office, do you? MOO

Last edited:

First, the video is only 1:27 minutes long. For the benefit of anyone who wants to review this, the part we're discussing begins at about the :46 mark.

I see a red-headed female hand something up (possibly baby Margo). The female's leg is seen entering the vehicle immediately following whatever she handed up. The men with their backs to the camera have their hands in their pockets, with the exception of the guy in the red coat.

Yes, the guy with the plaid flannel, or whatever it is, does whip it up in the air in what we could assume is an attempt at distraction.

The video then skips to the person in a red coat carrying up what is clearly a car seat and a person in black follows him up the steps of the vehicle. I don't think there would be any reason to transport a child's car seat to the medical examiner's office, do you? MOO

Nor would there be a reason to load a decomposing body into a vehicle with a tiny infant. I doubt that is something that is standard procedure, every day, across the United States.

I live in Houston.

All of our local LE agencies have multiple black SUVs like the one pictured. Tahoes, Expeditions and Explorers, in all precincts, Constables, HPD, HCSO.

I think it’s LE Tahoe in the picture, like the one that pulled me over, for running a stop sign, in that same precinct Christmas week. The nerve of him :rolleyes:

And, just maybe I’ve been stopped by an HPD officer driving a black Tahoe ghost car before too...lol!

The LE identification markings are inconspicuously placed on rear / back of vehicle, under emblem, or on rear bumper, in very small writing. They call them ghost cars here, which is very fitting, IMO.

ETA: grammar and constables.

Last edited:
I just now saw the funeral pictures, and the reality kicked in even more. Two children were left without their mother, I hope Heidi's son will receive plenty of support and help, he is 6 and is now well aware he won't ever get to see his mom :( The ceremony seemed so beautiful, and Heidi as a wonderful woman loved by so many (and she was an only child if I am not mistaken, I also can't even imagine how her parents feel). A terrible tragedy all together, that I can't even see being prevented. The alleged perpetrator was her lifelong friend.

I grabbed this screenshot of the gate from one of the many videos. I'm not mechanically inclined or anything like that, but is it possible this type of latch could open both ways? It looks like the one side of the gate has a larger gate with a larger latch, while the other side is a narrower gate with small latches, and then it appears to have a small stationary section?
I'm wondering if the orange thing there beside the gate (upside down pails?) are used to hold the gate while the gate is open? It also looks like there is a piece of wood on the other side of the gate towards the garage door, which could potentially be used to hold the other gate open?
Screenshot (121).png

I too, saw the baby being taken out at the beginning of the video. The body being taken out is later in the presentation. At 1:27 there is a reporter describing the removal of the body, and it quickly shifts to video of the event. It is NOT the same video, although the lineup is similar, because LE used the same tactic for both. IMO

I grabbed this screenshot of the gate from one of the many videos. I'm not mechanically inclined or anything like that, but is it possible this type of latch could open both ways? It looks like the one side of the gate has a larger gate with a larger latch, while the other side is a narrower gate with small latches, and then it appears to have a small stationary section?
I'm wondering if the orange thing there beside the gate (upside down pails?) are used to hold the gate while the gate is open? It also looks like there is a piece of wood on the other side of the gate towards the garage door, which could potentially be used to hold the other gate open?
View attachment 223843

Also, this aerial view from KHOU-TV shows that the car was positioned so that there was a narrow pathway from the gateway to the house door IMO

Attachments

• Screenshot_Video Aerial view of scene where was body found, baby safely recovered.png
    Screenshot_Video Aerial view of scene where was body found, baby safely recovered.png
    810.5 KB · Views: 47
You can see the SUV with doors closed at 1:10 in the video below and doors open at the 1:19 mark.

As @missy1974 mentioned, the home security sign and hedge can be seen in the bottom left of the frame at 1:10 which to me, makes it pretty clear that the vehicle is in the driveway.

View attachment 223725

It also appears that the camera man/woman is standing in the next-door neighbor's yard and captures their tree in the shot at 1:19 (see tree on far right).

View attachment 223726

Tree: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

From the above googlemaps link of the address (which was shot in Nov 2018 as noted at bottom right), it shows the same silver/grey vehicle parked in the driveway.
googlemaps nov2018 shows grey car in driveway.png

View attachment 223843
Adding link for the pic above: Body of Austin mom found in trunk of car at Houston-area home

Did anyone catch from this video linked above, it shows a baby swing pictured inside? (I'm *assuming* it is inside the same home the video is talking about?)
View attachment 223869

I think that swing is from Broussard's/Carey's apartment.

The problem with a lot of these video's is that they show random clips, there is nothing chronological about them and they are just random clips of video taken at the scene or scene's.

As for the SUV/car thing.... I think it's likely she was found in the car but I have questions about the black SUV that was said to be searched and removed from the scene. And if she was found in the trunk of that silver car, I have questions about why it was left there and not removed (there is one reporter in front of the home on the evening of the 20th who says it was still there at that time). I don't recall every following a case where a vehicle involved was not towed immediately, and in some cases before the person is even arrested. Maybe someone else recalls a case where they left a vehicle behind for a day or 2?

I have other questions as well because of conflicting reports... like if the one video reportedly showing the baby taken from the home was late at night, who was with the baby from 3pm until that time? There are reports that the baby was taken earlier that afternoon (which makes more sense to me).

Hopefully when the records are unsealed, we will get some of the answers :)

The problem with a lot of these video's is that they show random clips, there is nothing chronological about them and they are just random clips of video taken at the scene or scene's.

As for the SUV/car thing.... I think it's likely she was found in the car but I have questions about the black SUV that was said to be searched and removed from the scene. And if she was found in the trunk of that silver car, I have questions about why it was left there and not removed (there is one reporter in front of the home on the evening of the 20th who says it was still there at that time). I don't recall every following a case where a vehicle involved was not towed immediately, and in some cases before the person is even arrested. Maybe someone else recalls a case where they left a vehicle behind for a day or 2?

I have other questions as well because of conflicting reports... like if the one video reportedly showing the baby taken from the home was late at night, who was with the baby from 3pm until that time? There are reports that the baby was taken earlier that afternoon (which makes more sense to me).

Another 'clip' from same video linked above, it shows a van.. I think it is trying to suggest it is the coroner's van.. however, from a bit of research, it seems this doesn't exactly fit the description of an Austin County Coroner's van,.. can anyone make out what it says on the side or back of the van? Or is this just a completely random photo taken from somewhere in the USA and nothing to do with this case?
Screenshot (130).png

There really *are* so many unanswered questions in this case, and in addition to the ones you have posed above. ie *why* didn't the news get a shot of the coroner's van removing the body, or even just of the coroner's van being there? Why didn't MSM get shots of either or both vehicles of interest being removed from the property? Media had helicopters and all kinds of reporters stationed all over the place and seemingly for many many hours (days?) afterward. How'd all of that get missed? As far as I've seen, forensics people would/should be there dressed in their white suits gathering any evidence, and the vehicle would've been taped up with security tape to prove chain of evidence, etc. Then all the secrecy ordered by the court, and that nobody has yet been charged with murder.. ugh.

missy1974 said:
snipped by me....

JMO - I would have to say CPS was there - probably called in by LE when they discovered the baby. CPS called the fire dept. for a check on Margo.

Traffic warrants, not the theft case, that had been resolved.

Yes - what I was saying is the charges clearly document her failure to maintain a valid address for official documents - even her voter registration if you go search.

Another 'clip' from same video linked above, it shows a van.. I think it is trying to suggest it is the coroner's van.. however, from a bit of research, it seems this doesn't exactly fit the description of an Austin County Coroner's van,.. can anyone make out what it says on the side or back of the van? Or is this just a completely random photo taken from somewhere in the USA and nothing to do with this case?
View attachment 223879

Looks like Crime Scene tech van to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members