TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the outdoor interview of SC been deleted? At one point (I believe it’s in that second interview), when describing the morning, he says something about having told her he was finishing early. It made me wonder if he was insinuating he ‘warned’ her he’d be home early (so you’d better not be with X or have Y around, that sort of thing).
I don't know if you found it or not but just in case, it's this one:
Shane Carey interview
Anything new this morning?
Other than the Tip Line, this is what I'd say is the news of the day:

Heidi Broussard: Friend shocked that missing mom was back with fiance after ‘rocky’ breakup. Exclusive details as search for mom & newborn continues
[…]

During a conversation in May, according to the friend, Heidi spoke about her living arrangements. Foster said Heidi wanted to move to a vacant home in Kyle, Texas, that belongs to Carey’s father. The friend said she had no idea that Heidi never moved to the home, and was surprised to hear she was still living in her Austin apartment.

Foster added that Heidi planned to drive her son 40 minutes each way from Tyler to a school in Austin so that the child could stay in a good school.

[…]

“She was willing to drive 40 minutes out of her way to have them in a better school. That’s not a mother that leaves…..I feel like everybody is focusing on her running away and knowing Heidi I doubt that.”

CrimeOnline spoke with the Austin Police Department’s Cold Case Missing Persons’ Unit, who confirmed that the friend informed them of Heidi’s plans to move to a house 40 minutes away from her Austin apartment.

The friend said she was also surprised when Heidi told over the summer that she had gotten back together with Carey. The pair had apparently previously broken up, according to the friend.

[...]

Further, the friend said Carey’s recent behavior after Heidi disappeared differed from his previous behavior, when he allegedly showed up to her house almost immediately after Heidi didn’t answer her phone.

“Why would that not scare you as a husband? I specifically remember a time she [Heidi] was at my house and didn’t answer her phone. He [Carey] showed up to my house freaking out right after he got home.”

[…]

Can someone verify when that
KVUE interview was done, please?
(The long 'Raw' one of which 12 seconds was used for broadcast.)

Was that done the same day (night) that H & M went missing?
Or a day or two later?
The original KVUE post of it was taken down, and I didn't read the description details (guess I was too gobsmacked by the interview).

Anyone who knows for sure, please...
tyia

We live in a condo complex. One of the units was sold, and the new owner re-keyed the locks. One of the old keys was found, and it was tossed into the recycle bin.

I have accidentally dropped my house keys in our dumpsters when running out trash and recyclables, as have my neighbors. (Thankfully, the dumpster had just been emptied, and I now wear my house keys on a lanyard.)

Two possible reasons, but neither of them would apply in this case.

JMVHO.

‘I’m not defending or accusing, but they lived in a seedy part of Austin and carjackings do occur. One thing we’re taught, if being carjacked or abducted, is to throw the car keys in an inaccessible place or as far as we can throw them, to distract the thief/abductor and create an opportunity for escape. Perhaps her husband believes she would’ve tried this tactic - throwing her car keys in a dumpster - to make her car less simple to steal. Also, if her phone is turned off, that would also be common in an abduction to prevent pinging her/their location. The phone may have been turned off and thrown away, perhaps in a dumpster.

This makes sense!!

I don't know if you found it or not but just in case, it's this one:
Shane Carey interview

Other than the Tip Line, this is what I'd say is the news of the day:

Heidi Broussard: Friend shocked that missing mom was back with fiance after ‘rocky’ breakup. Exclusive details as search for mom & newborn continues
[…]

During a conversation in May, according to the friend, Heidi spoke about her living arrangements. Foster said Heidi wanted to move to a vacant home in Kyle, Texas, that belongs to Carey’s father. The friend said she had no idea that Heidi never moved to the home, and was surprised to hear she was still living in her Austin apartment.

Foster added that Heidi planned to drive her son 40 minutes each way from Tyler to a school in Austin so that the child could stay in a good school.

[…]

“She was willing to drive 40 minutes out of her way to have them in a better school. That’s not a mother that leaves…..I feel like everybody is focusing on her running away and knowing Heidi I doubt that.”

CrimeOnline spoke with the Austin Police Department’s Cold Case Missing Persons’ Unit, who confirmed that the friend informed them of Heidi’s plans to move to a house 40 minutes away from her Austin apartment.

The friend said she was also surprised when Heidi told over the summer that she had gotten back together with Carey. The pair had apparently previously broken up, according to the friend.

[...]

Further, the friend said Carey’s recent behavior after Heidi disappeared differed from his previous behavior, when he allegedly showed up to her house almost immediately after Heidi didn’t answer her phone.

“Why would that not scare you as a husband? I specifically remember a time she [Heidi] was at my house and didn’t answer her phone. He [Carey] showed up to my house freaking out right after he got home.”

[…]

You spoil us!

I also think they have surveillance images, or electronic footprint. Or witnesses that saw her arrive.
MOO

If someone saw Heidi arrive back, they would have been able to give at least an estimate as to what time that happened.

Surveillance images and/or electronic footprint could give accurate timings, but the police have not released any information about the time she arrived back at the appartment, merely stating it's their belief she did at some point return.

Does anyone know or have an informed view as to wether the last time she was 'seen' is likely to be something the police would keep close to their chests?

It is unclear if the purse was in the unlocked car.

In both interviews SC says the purse was “upstairs.” Meaning to me, as SC did an interview with his dad outside and by an Xmas tree which I assume was in the apartment lobby, the purse was in the upstairs-level apartment.

SC threw in an after-thought, word-salad sentence about the purse being untouched, and then mentioned the car, but to me, based on the two interviews, the purse was in the apartment.

Anyway, after all of these posts, no one has explained how SC could haul out a 150 pound woman, in daylight, from an upstairs apartment to wherever.

I’m leaning to PPD or stranger abduction. I think SC has no clue as to what happened!
OK, I'll bite. Here are some possible ways HB and MC could have exited the apartment undetected in daylight, whether alive or deceased.
#1 Stairs
#2 Elevator
#3 Rug or tarp
#4 Large, sturdy box and hand truck (you can "bump" a hand truck down stairs).
#5 Large suitcase

Anyone else have an idea?

Can someone verify when that
KVUE interview was done, please?
(The long 'Raw' one of which 12 seconds was used for broadcast.)

Was that done the same day (night) that H & M went missing?
Or a day or two later?
The original KVUE post of it was taken down, and I didn't read the description details (guess I was too gobsmacked by the interview).

Anyone who knows for sure, please...
tyia

The first interview that I know of was on Friday 12/13 during the day sometime, but it was the CBS/KEYE one. Austin dad pleads for safe return of his two-week-old daughter, her mother

I don't believe there were any interviews done before that one.

OK, I'll bite. Here are some possible ways HB and MC could have exited the apartment undetected in daylight, whether alive or deceased.
#1 Stairs
#2 Elevator
#3 Rug or tarp
#5 Large suitcase

I would think some sort of box

This is literally unbelievable.

Her purse is upstairs in one sentence.
Her purse is inside her car three sentences later.

It's like he forgot he had already written that part of the script.

In fiction, which, for the record, is largely what I think we're being presented with here, it's what's known as a continuity error:

Continuity (fiction) - Wikipedia

It's not the only such error in this account, either.

JMO.

In my opinion, the purse was found in the car as he states and he has obviously since taken it in the house because you wouldn't leave it in the car right?

Also I hope they are investigating all the people at the book fair as someone could have followed her from there.

Since they spoke at 8AM, and he apparently had told her he was getting off of work early (his words), they may well have had plans to meet somewhere before going home. She might have been told to meet him somewhere in the city.

We really do not know that she made it back to the apartment. He could have easily taken the books from the car.

Perhaps she didn't make it back there at all. I know LE said they assume that but I don't think it's been confirmed, except in SC's words.

In the PC, LE did say they have reason to believe she did in fact make it back to the apartment after the school book fair. They did not specify what leads them to believe that but I’m sure they have a very good reason or they wouldn’t say so.

Similar to the CW case, where there was little/no forensic evidence - I wonder if someone who was a masseuse earlier in life would have more knowledge than someone who has not been a masseuse on how to kill someone without there being any forensic evidence to leave behind?

Just to clarify - are you saying SC was a masseuse?

BBM:

I can take a stab at it, then.

I've known and worked with movers, and can say that, to a man, they've all been incredibly physically strong.

15o pounds would not be a major challenge to a lot of movers.

They're in the business of lifting/carrying/transporting heavy, inanimate objects on a regular basis, and they know all of the insider tricks of the trade as far as how to lift/carry so as to minimize the risk of injury and maximize performance.

A lot of movers are also really good at packing objects...in boxes, in luggage, in all sorts of carriers.

JMO.
Like black totes....and apparently it doesn’t even take a “mover”. It pains me to say that. But the wild mind on adrenaline is capable of things that would never cross most of our minds. I’m holding back a bit of reserve for SC because I remember the missing hiker in HI and most thought he was guilty. I just pray they are found.

Well it’s untrue that he couldn’t hear her unless he’s hard of hearing. Because it was on speaker. And then went through a microphone in the room so that we could hear it. And yet we all heard every word. So I respectfully disagree that the situation was absurd or unprofessional. Again, this was raw, unedited footage and is typical of what happens behind the scenes. We just were lucky that they agreed to allow us to see the unedited version due to their. I mean it’s kind of like clamoring for an unedited version of a soon to be new release and then pointing out how unprofessional it looks. I don’t understand that.

As to context, the context is five days with no newborn or partner under suspicious circumstances. You know what I mean? So I believe most people would grimly just move around and try to take instructions and figure it out the best they can without the laughter added, if they chose to do an interview.

You know?

I mean I’m open to possibilities but there are reasons for me that so many are pretty low on my list. One thing I’ve asked multiple times is if anyone knows of a case where an innocent parent was on camera laughing in the days after their child went missing and remained so. And no one has been able to say yes.

I do think comparing these cases (especially if you’ve followed them for decades) is super valuable when it comes to figuring out what could’ve happened here. That’s what these investigators do. What’s typical human behavior? What is the usual outcome? Which is why they often start in and work out when investigating people.

Of course there are outliers. I think a super crazy person could laugh and be innocent. But he shows no signs IMO of psychosis. That came up with Watts too. And I likewise saw no signs. (I’m no expert but I’ve seen lots of examples of psychosis and some firsthand. Scary).

I’m hoping for something other than the usual. I will hold out hope until there’s none!

But as to this golden raw footage? I believe we tend to see a lot of misplaced frustration and anger on these threads against hardworking people because we insist on prettily packaged investigations and outcomes where everything is polished, we get all the inside info as it happens and it’s all resolved quickly.

But real life is messy. And I get annoyed when professionals are so often criticized as doing a poor job by all of us who lack their expertise. We all need to walk a mile.
He stops the interview and tells the reporter, I'm going to have to call you back. He did that because he couldn't hear. Several times he asks her to repeat the question. I was not able to hear all of her questions to transcribe them. I also have experience being interviewed, and if it were me, I would have stopped the interview. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one! :)

#1 Stairs
#2 Elevator
#3 Rug or tarp
#5 Large suitcase

No elevator at that complex. Stairs seem to be exclusive to only two second floor apartments each with the second half of the stairs going to one single apartment unlike ours where 8 apartments are up the stairs with a common landing per floor and we have two stairwells on either side of each building. Someone coming down or going up to HBs apartment would be on the stairs leading to a particular apartment and not all apartments on the second floor with a common landing like we have.

Attachments

• stairs one.jpg
    stairs one.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 49
#1 Stairs
#2 Elevator
#3 Rug or tarp
#5 Large suitcase

There are no elevators to the units there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper