TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your point. The reason I brought it up is that is just too rehearsed. My opinion is that when he scripted it out, he thought it would be more convincing if he made the point that she wasn't robbed, making it seem like she fled on her own. I think including "all" makes it seem like he's trying too hard to sell that narrative, though.
The word "all" is strange- but if you know what she had in the purse, you would know it was "all" there. I agree on the reason the word "all" was included. But I found THAT made leaving on her own LESS likely. One more thing that I would make sure I grabbed as I left ( along with purse, diaper bag, purse, etc)

I feel certain the cops have searched the car adequately and they know without a doubt that forensics reveal no bodily fluids or decomp evidence exists within the car itself. Likely not within the apartment either or they would have labeled this something than a missing persons case. Ugh how I hate typing this.

Apparently the car isn’t relevant to Heidi’s disappearance or it would have been towed. LE must be confident she drove home to the complex & despite leaving it unlocked with items in it (I guess) it plays no part in the investigation. Otherwise they would have towed it ASAP, imo.
LE did say they were monitoring all electronic devices, perhaps they feel H was communicating with someone & left willingly. Crazy, I know. But we have little to go on.

The word "all" is strange- but if you know what she had in the purse, you would know it was "all" there. I agree on the reason the word "all" was included. But I found THAT made leaving on her own LESS likely. One more thing that I would make sure I grabbed as I left ( along with purse, diaper bag, purse, etc)
Unless she didn’t plan on needing money or material items where she was going and/or for the reasons she had to go there.

Investigators are also looking at hours and hours of video, not only from the South Austin apartment complex where Broussard lives but also from nearby businesses. They tell KVUE they have knocked on every door in the complex to interview neighbors and they have done an analysis of the apartment for any possible forensic evidence.

Investigators are scouring forensic data and conducting on-the-ground investigation, including interviewing all of Broussard's close friends and family and in some cases building a timeline of their whereabouts and alibis around the time Broussard and the baby disappeared.

FBI, Texas Rangers, DPS assist in search for missing Austin mother, baby

I'm noticing so many incorrect assertions being passed off as facts, as Thread #4 is attracting a lot of attention from those who are just finding out about the case. I for one welcome new voices, but not fake "facts "

There's plenty of peculiar and concerning remarks by SC - no need to add false info! His interviews are a wealth of strange and concerning stuff (MOO). I know it isn't on purpose, but false stuff doesn't help. All the FB "One of her friends said..." remarks are NOT facts! Etc.

Just a plea to be careful! Thread keeps getting closed bc mods are having to do major cleanups.

I don't know WHAT to think anymore. I went from "definitely" to "hold on, maybe" to Totally Confused But Probably - some of it is from chasing down "facts" that aren't!

Apparently the car isn’t relevant to Heidi’s disappearance or it would have been towed. LE must be confident she drove home to the complex & despite leaving it unlocked with items in it (I guess) it plays no part in the investigation. Otherwise they would have towed it ASAP, imo.
LE did say they were monitoring all electronic devices, perhaps they feel H was communicating with someone & left willingly. Crazy, I know. But we have little to go on.

Could be. Or maybe judge didn’t approve Probable Cause for some reason. I doubt this though. The residence SW was obviously approved.

Last edited:
*modsnip*

Seems odd SC would have only worked until 1 ish unless it arranged due to a new baby, which is totally possible. But then if he were getting off early because of a newborn, why not more concern when his newborn was gone for so many hours?

moo

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, just not seeing this as being a viable answer at all.

SC has given at least 2 longish interviews with some very specific information. Sure he doesn't owe anyone an explanation for anything but he has provided extensive information that frankly just isn't holding up to questioning or scrutiny in the face of the limited information available IMO.

His entire narrative right now seems to hinge on him delaying filing a report until 7:30 pm as he thought HB was at the friends apt.

How long would a simple stroll take to the other apt? 5 min maybe?

Further, he STILL didn't do a check of the friends apt or make any attempt that we are aware of even when the school called to go an pick up HB son.

He saw the car, purse, car seat, baby bag etc.

WHERE DID HE THINK SHE WAS?

He said in the interviews that he thought she was in ONE place and YET he didn't physically go there and check?

Makes ZERO sense in my mind....

MOO
Where did he think the baby was and why wasn’t he more concerned.? I realize he is a man but FFS what parent wouldn’t be concerned about a missing infant? The entire scenario makes zero sense. Unfathomable ugh

The books were apparently upstairs. That's odd in itself. (Although it is POSSIBLE he brought them up, it sounds as if they were already up there. This part is not a "known".)

He makes it clear that - according to him - she left her purse and baby bag in the car, with the door unlocked.

The most troubling part about not bringing her purse or baby bag up (while leaving the car door unlocked!) is that it both were shoulder bags* - made that way to keep the hands free.

We don't have information on where the keys or phone were.

*Shane shared a photo of the shoulder bag - instead of leaving it for police to investigate first. Typically, one doesn't share info like that if there is someone out there they want to catch.

He said the diaper bag was in the apt.

Texas is a death penalty state.

If this is a case of foul play, I'm sure that the perp(s) are keenly aware of that fact.

JMO.
However, isn't it reserved for the worst offenders? Like premeditated with aggravating factors? I "think" I have an idea what happened here and although it's evident he has "issues" this could be a case of loosing it, and it all went south real fast. I'm not familiar with many cases, and not in Texas, so what are your thoughts about the DP in such a case? TIA!

They seem like a large, busy company in a large city that a lot of people are moving to.

Seems odd SC would have only worked until 1 ish unless it arranged due to a new baby, which is totally possible. But then if he were getting off early because of a newborn, why not more concern when his newborn was gone for so many hours?

moo

It seemed odd to me that he'd be off work that early, too.

And if he knew he was getting off early (he said in a video with FOX that he told her in the morning he was getting out early), and she was, as she said to him, on her way home, it would make sense they had planned to meet somewhere - or maybe just home - with the knowledge that he was getting out early.

Especially since the mom had left just days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper