TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh they 100% have a POI. This is similar to many statements made by LE during an investigation.

I do believe they have investigated and are investigating every angle.

And I just have to take a moment to give my appreciation for those folks. What a horrible and thankless job. They are working around the clock. Not sleeping. Not seeing family. Not eating. And having to deal with rumors and backlash.

So impressed.
Ita.
Want to bet LE and others involved are scouring every security cam. ?
And have spoken to neighbors ?
And already know what's on the phone pings-- if anything ?
I think this will be solved.

Have to admit I was surprised that no family on Heidi's side spoke out at the presser.
Even if to 'rattle' the abductor.

Clearing him would have been as easy as confirming he was at work exactly when he said he was, and for the entire time. It seems as though there is surveillance footage so hopefully it can shed some light.
Missing person cases I’ve followed in the past have often had people close to the missing ruled out very quickly.

We also often hear from neighbors, coworkers, friends.

I’m beginning to think certain people weren’t where they said they were. Moo.

NO FAMILY was at the press conference. (I'm responding to SC wasn't at the presser.) No family - it didn't seem to be a normal presser at all, IMO, and I'm not surprised no family was there.

Do we know that no family was there? We didn't see any, but IMO that's not confirming that none was there.

Presser Over and not a shred of new or useful info confirmed. In my own words I gathered:

-Heidi and Margot back at the apartment after the school drop off. I'm guessing by 8:30 a.m.

-Reported missing 7:30 p.m.

Keeping all info they've gathered confidential to the investigation at this point.

Hints through questions that there may have been domestic incidents or calls in the past, but not confirmed by LE investigators.

The case is unique. Said anything is possible from left of own accord to nefarious act. Amber alert answer br0ught out the word "offense"... suggests to me something against their will, but MOO,

Marg0t and Heidi, the assumption is they're alive as LE has no reason to believe they were harmed.

All info from talking to friends, coworkers, neighbors is not being shared at this time.

I'm comforted by all the expert agencies working on this case, but for now it seems the only info we'll get is in bits and pieces from the interviews with SC.
FBI, Texas Rangers joining search for missing Austin mother, baby

Wonder what the strategy is behind calling a PC (a day in advance even) and then reporting nothing. There has to be one.
I could have saved them the time of doing it and given that press conference myself.

I guess we shouldn't have expected anything more.

So we're back to where we were- SC is guilty or not
Possible postpartum depression
kidnapping
perhaps an ex involved

Take your pick and speculate, I guess.....

Last edited:
PC was telling, to me. Very grim. Seemed more like going through the motions to make someone think they are still searching for them alive. Very weird that family and SC were absent (if, indeed, they were). I wish someone had asked about SC cooperation in the investigation.

After watching the presser and thinking more on this, SC is looking guiltier by the minute. The fact that she virtually disappeared right after the conversation (possible fight) about the $25 and the refusal of LE to deny prior DV incidents is scary.

But then they'd know when (and how) HB and baby left the apartment later. So maybe no video but phone pings? Maybe she called someone else from home before she disappeared?

Unfortunately it appeared to me (just my opinion) that their stating Heidi and baby were last believed to be at the apartment was not convincing, final, or positive. IMO.

It was just an assumption at this point, IMO.

Do we know that no family was there? We didn't see any, but IMO that's not confirming that none was there.
I guess I need to spell things out very carefully - as in no family spoke there, no pleas, no holding up pictures.
Edited to add: Which doesn't surprise me bc it seemed a very strange nuthin' of a presser.

Wonder what the strategy is behind calling a PC (a day in advance even) and then reporting nothing. There has to be one.

I believe the PC was to put some pressure on those closest to missing mother and child -- i.e., if you know something, say something. I didn't see any direct appeal to the public.

Also, I think LE has already obtained a warrant for HB's phone and know she returned home after dropping her son off at school. The school is 3 miles from her apartment.

MOO

Last edited:
I just felt like I wasted part of my day listening to that. I don't know how anyone gleaned anything out of it one way or the other to be frank. I understood it to mean that LE do NOT have reason to believe they are not still alive but know little or next to nothing about whereabouts and don't really seem to have much in the way of directions to turn.

Is it against the rules to say that Shane is not the sharpest knife in the drawer? Hard to believe he had skill and temperament to carry out an attack and clean up the scene. But at this point, who else is there? He does have a lot of unaccounted for time in his story.

There are plenty of ways one could have accidentally or intentionally killed both of them without ever leaving any sort of blood or anything to clean up. A perp could have hit her on the back of her head, or pushed her while she was carrying baby. Gotten angry and pushed her down the stairs while she had baby. IDK how busy that complex is midday so someone could push her down the stairs and stuff her into a vehicle without anyone her seeing it happen. And nobody heard anything.

SC seems very impulsive.

It was asked directly at least twice about whether Shane is a POI and the detective never glanced in any direction but at the reporter who asked. Wouldn’t they have panned to Shane if he were sitting or standing right there? Wouldn’t family have spoken? I don’t think they were present.

Presser Over and not a shred of new or useful info confirmed. In my own words I gathered:

-Heidi and Margot back at the apartment after the school drop off. I'm guessing by 8:30 a.m.

-Reported missing 7:30 p.m.

FBI, Texas Rangers joining search for missing Austin mother, baby
snipped for focus

From previous articles -- Heidi and Margot went after the school drop off to a 'book fair' and returned home around 1pm. ??
I like to think the presser wasn't totally useless.
But admit I thought there'd be an update about new information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove