TX - Joshua Brown, 27, (witness in Amber Guyger trial), shot and killed, Dallas, 4 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"He was ambushed at his apartment complex as he got out of his car and shot at close range," Merritt wrote, adding that Brown's mother asked him to "do whatever it takes to get to the bottom" of her son's murder.

"She suspects foul play and it is difficult to rule it out," Merritt wrote. "He had no known enemies. He worked for a living. He was not in the streets. We need answers. Immediately."

Merritt wrote in a Facebook post Saturday night that the medical examiner told him Brown was shot in the mouth and chest.

Brown said during his testimony he was originally from Jacksonville, Florida and moved to Texas in 2008.

He attended college in southern Florida where studied interdisciplinary sciences. He tried to play football after college, but got into roofing. He says he was a roofing contractor for a few years. At the time of his testimony, Brown said he was managing four Airbnb's in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Dallas.

Joshua Brown, key witness in Amber Guyger murder trial and neighbor of Botham Jean, shot to death in Dallas

"He was ambushed at his apartment complex as he got out of his car and shot at close range," Merritt wrote, adding that Brown's mother asked him to "do whatever it takes to get to the bottom" of her son's murder.

"She suspects foul play and it is difficult to rule it out," Merritt wrote. "He had no known enemies. He worked for a living. He was not in the streets. We need answers. Immediately."

Merritt wrote in a Facebook post Saturday night that the medical examiner told him Brown was shot in the mouth and chest.

Brown said during his testimony he was originally from Jacksonville, Florida and moved to Texas in 2008.

He attended college in southern Florida where studied interdisciplinary sciences. He tried to play football after college, but got into roofing. He says he was a roofing contractor for a few years. At the time of his testimony, Brown said he was managing four Airbnb's in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Dallas.

Joshua Brown, key witness in Amber Guyger murder trial and neighbor of Botham Jean, shot to death in Dallas
"She suspects foul play" What else could it be?

Morning all!

I have closely read each posts on Joshua's heartbreaking horrific murder in cold blood.

I've always made it known I believe truly in justice for ALL! Not just selected targeted victims, but each, and every one of them has mattered equally to me.

It's one of the reasons I was ecstatic when FINALLY new prison reforms was recently signed into law, but angry it took so long to right such a terrible wrong.

It is one of the ways showing all of our citizens must count, and be given support. Its a great win for them, and for all of us by showing us we must return to being a kinder, and supporter of ALL in our communities.

I do admit I find it quite fascinating how some chastise others who dares wait for the facts to even become known. Yet expect all to jump aboard without one piece of facts known yet as to who the actual murderer may be nor even know the motive.

I'm sorry if that may displease others, but that is how I have chosen to look at all cases since joining Jan.2, 2004.

So moo, is not based in any factual evidence since I'm unaware of any except Joshua has been murdered, and the location where it happened.

1. Could it be connected to the DPD as retaliation? Since anything is possible of course it could certainly be, but is it the most probable premature forgone conclusion? We will see.

2. Could the offender be of the same race, and gender who takes thousands of their lives every single year? We know all too well totally innocent faultless AAs are murdered, even children inside of their own homes with some of them doing homework, or sleeping.

3. Could the offender be someone who was very displeased with Joshua because he dared to tell ALL of the truth instead just only what helped the state?

I do find all three possibilities until the facts are known.

It makes my heart shattered for Joshua, and his devastated family.

What breaks my heart even more is Joshua had to be another AA man who has been murdered in cold blood to even get the deserved attention of the epidemic which AA men having been facing in their own communities for many years.

What an awful price he had to pay to bring about much needed awareness. :(

If he hadn't just testified honorably in a high profile case we wouldn't ever even know his name or what a good man he truly was.

Rest in peace Joshua.

Your senseless death may be the catalyst your people need to all of the serious issues your race have been facing for way too long within your own communities.

I tried to speak out on the violent problems which have destroyed so many lives, and terrorized your communities.

Sigh. No one really seem to care. I cared, and I will continue to care about ALL victms of all of our people inclusively.

JMHOO

Last edited:
IF DPD wanted retaliation there are a lot more and bigger fishes to fry (as the saying goes) than him. I just think it was a coincidence. As Ya'll say....IMO.
I don't think it was straight up DPD but more than coincidence. His visibility in Guyger's trial provoked someone or some group...he was targeted is what I think. Based on nothing but feelings long away from DFW.

I don't get it. I watched his testimony live. It was very moving. But nothing he said should have resulted in retaliation.

I tend to agree. He was a very memorable witness, but I didn't feel his testimony was such that it would have more effect than any other witness, it seemed more a part of the whole and each part in that has its own importance.

I found him memorable because of the physical closeness of their apartments and the description of hearing Botham's singing coming from Bo's door as Joshua walked out into the corridor. That they'd just met that day and were friendly to each other, and by rights that should have led to them saying 'hi' when they saw each other in future and having neighborly chats. But that didn't happen because Botham's life was cut short that very night.

There are so many 'reasons' people might be murdered. This doesn't sound like it was a case of a stray bullet, but it could have been mistaken identity or a number of other things. A sad thing about this is Joshua's death/murder would barely make the local papers if he hadn't been on the stand in such a prominent trial so recently, and to people other than his closed friends and loved ones his death would be another statistic.

RIP Joshua.

It seems Dallas is having a high-murder rate year, higher than normal. There have been 2 murders in that area in January through June 2019 according to this crime map. I put an X where Joshua Brown was shot:
upload_2019-10-6_9-4-23.png

Alan Valdez: Drive-by kills 1, wounds 3 at Oak Lawn park during an especially bloody night in Dallas
Nicholas Edwards: Man fatally shot in altercation with two men in Love Field area neighborhood, Dallas police say

Here is the map: TheMap.net
Related article: Here Is an Interactive Map of Every Murder in Dallas This Year - D Magazine

I looked on other crime sites and did not see any other murders in the area.

I say this with the caveat that it's been decades since I lived nearby, but to my knowledge, murders are rare in this area. I think property crimes and drugs are not uncommon, but this seems very, very out of character to me. Having said that, IMO this is probably not related to the Botham Jean murder/Amber Guyger trial.

I tend to agree. He was a very memorable witness, but I didn't feel his testimony was such that it would have more effect than any other witness, it seemed more a part of the whole and each part in that has its own importance.

I found him memorable because of the physical closeness of their apartments and the description of hearing Botham's singing coming from Bo's door as Joshua walked out into the corridor. That they'd just met that day and were friendly to each other, and by rights that should have led to them saying 'hi' when they saw each other in future and having neighborly chats. But that didn't happen because Botham's life was cut short that very night.

There are so many 'reasons' people might be murdered. This doesn't sound like it was a case of a stray bullet, but it could have been mistaken identity or a number of other things. A sad thing about this is Joshua's death/murder would barely make the local papers if he hadn't been on the stand in such a prominent trial so recently, and to people other than his closed friends and loved ones his death would be another statistic.

RIP Joshua.
people that do things like this don't have logical rationale....maybe someone did not like his tee-shirt...an extreme theory perhaps but it is crazy out there!!

Last edited:
It seems Dallas is having a high-murder rate year, higher than normal. There have been 2 murders in that area in January through June 2019 according to this crime map. I put an X where Joshua Brown was shot:
View attachment 207902

Alan Valdez: Drive-by kills 1, wounds 3 at Oak Lawn park during an especially bloody night in Dallas
Nicholas Edwards: Man fatally shot in altercation with two men in Love Field area neighborhood, Dallas police say

Here is the map: TheMap.net
Related article: Here Is an Interactive Map of Every Murder in Dallas This Year - D Magazine

I looked on other crime sites and did not see any other murders in the area.

I say this with the caveat that it's been decades since I lived nearby, but to my knowledge, murders are rare in this area. I think property crimes and drugs are not uncommon, but this seems very, very out of character to me. Having said that, IMO this is probably not related to the Botham Jean murder/Amber Guyger trial.

Logic tells me the shot to his back may of been last.
So if the mouth shot was first, that’s personal IMO
I’m just....

I do not suspect DPD being involved. I can see them being set up to look like they are involved, but I really don't think that this young man said anything that was damaging to DPD or AG, not that I could tell. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Same here. There was no doubt Amber shot and killed Botham. The question was, did that qualify as self defense? So I don't see Mr. Brown's testimony as something crucial to the jury's decision.

Same here. There was no doubt Amber shot and killed Botham. The question was, did that qualify as self defense? So I don't see Mr. Brown's testimony as something crucial to the jury's decision.
Does not matter what we here in a chat room think...obviously someone did not like his testimony or him. Now he is dead.

He had all his stuff on the table in the vid.. he would have had his phone on him, he would have had money.. I was unable to make out the exact time he made the vid? Can anybody, please?

I watched the video and near the end, he put his wallet in his pocket.

A few hours later, he is found shot and died.

So IMO, he had his wallet and phone on him when he left his apartment.

Was he wallet missing when they found him shot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo