TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a panic the parents may not have thought to look outside. The one time I thought my son was missing all of my logic and education went out the window. I had laid him down for nap, went to check on him a couple of hours later and he wasn't there. Immediately I panicked and started looking OUTSIDE. crying and everything. Needless to say he had gone in my room and was sound asleep in my bed. It's a lol moment now, but back then it was not!

Hate to say it, but LE may not be releasing any info because they have what they need. They would build public interest if they needed the public's help kind of thing. Right now they may be working a specific theory, I mean they have ruled out abduction. If either parent is involved, they deserve Emmys and oscars for their performances!

I agree I think they have what they need,and I would love to know what they found out.This has been one big mystery.Where is Joshua?He did not vanish out of thin air.Someone said on a blog they wander if someone passed him to someone through a window in one of the rooms.If they ruled out abduction what can that possibly mean?I still wonder if an accident happened that day and they were too scared to report it as such for some unknown reason:sick:

Hi, just wanted to make a quick comment. I live close by New Braunfels... my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson were at Wal-mart grocery shopping a week ago and got trapped by the security in an aisle. Well to make a long story short... someone reported my grandson being the missing baby. After 2 hours, 7 policemen, 4 security guards and questioning and calling doctors to confirm it was not the baby they finally let them go. I don't think they know where the babe is. MOO

When they make statements like my baby's real smart and wouldn't do that or he knows his play area ,that tells me so much.Little kids are playful,take risks,and act impulsive.That's why they will stick their finger on a hot burner,You have to watch them constantly at that age.yet in the same sentence she stated after he didn't come back to watch the movie,she went looking for him.Something if off with the time line and who was the last to really see him.Something is wrong here,very wrong.When my son was about 3 yrs old I took him with me in J C Penney's I was looking at brownie uniforms for my daughter.I swear it was only a few seconds,he was gone,vanished.I was in a full blown panic state,shaking and yelling his name,I had every clerk looking around and store security.I got it together for a few minutes long enough to remember he had wanted to go in the toy store and I said no earlier.He would have done anything for a toy.I thought could he have wandered to the toy store (mother instincts kicking in) the toy store was across the way from Penney's.I walked out of J.C Penney's across the walkway in the mall into the toy store and there he was with a big smile on his face,"Hi Mom look what I found",like nothing ever happened.Lesson learned never underestimate children.

When they make statements like my baby's real smart and wouldn't do that or he knows his play area ,that tells me so much.Little kids are playful,take risks,and act impulsive.That's why they will stick their finger on a hot burner,You have to watch them constantly at that age.yet in the same sentence she stated after he didn't come back to watch the movie,she went looking for him.Something if off with the time line and who was the last to really see him.Something is wrong here,very wrong.When my son was about 3 yrs old I took him with me in J C Penney's I was looking at brownie uniforms for my daughter.I swear it was only a few seconds,he was gone,vanished.I was in a full blown panic state,shaking and yelling his name,I had every clerk looking around and store security.I got it together for a few minutes long enough to remember he had wanted to go in the toy store and I said no earlier.He would have done anything for a toy.I thought could he have wandered to the toy store (mother instincts kicking in) the toy store was across the way from Penney's.I walked out of J.C Penney's across the walkway in the mall into the toy store and there he was with a big smile on his face,"Hi Mom look what I found",like nothing ever happened.Lesson learned never underestimate children.

Well, there ya go! We DON'T know how these parents reacted when they realized their son was missing. I would like to believe they know what their own child is capable of.

When my kids were toddlers, I still had the baby monitor and they would stay in their beds until I went to get them. They never would have tried to get out of the house....ever. I knew that then and I have to give the benefit of the doubt to Joshua's parents.

No one knows what a child will do. Look at all of the parents who say their kids would never go off with strangers, only to watch them do so on those videos on Dateline, for example, when tests are conducted. Not to mention parents who say their children would never do drugs, drink, ride with drunk drivers, etc...at any age, parents can't be sure what their kids can or will do. I don't think it is strange that the mother would have the opinion that he was too smart to do this or that...many parents would think that way.

No one knows what a child will do. Look at all of the parents who say their kids would never go off with strangers, only to watch them do so on those videos on Dateline, for example, when tests are conducted. Not to mention parents who say their children would never do drugs, drink, ride with drunk drivers, etc...at any age, parents can't be sure what their kids can or will do. I don't think it is strange that the mother would have the opinion that he was too smart to do this or that...many parents would think that way.

True fact and I was one of those parents that never said never,I was very open minded about them.You can teach them right from wrong but life sometimes gets in the way.I was the one that looked through their backpacks and checked out their friends and even now although their Face book is private,guess who is their friend?Maybe I am overly protective but they are my life and the world is a crazy place.I have heard drug addicts parents say I never thought my child would do that.Well I am not one of those,because life can go in different directions at anytime and I am so aware of that or maybe I just have the gift of fear

I have honestly tried to believe the parents had nothing to do with Joshua's disappearance,but I was also the one that believed Susan Smith's every tear and cry to the public to help find her child only to find out she drove them right into the lake.So I guess my hinky meter goes up now with the closest relatives.Since they searched and searched and couldn't find him.There were nine people in that house that day,I guess? OK what happened to sweet little Joshua?

True fact and I was one of those parents that never said never,I was very open minded about them.You can teach them right from wrong but life sometimes gets in the way.I was the one that looked through their backpacks and checked out their friends and even now although their Face book is private,guess who is their friend?Maybe I am overly protective but they are my life and the world is a crazy place.I have heard drug addicts parents say I never thought my child would do that.Well I am not one of those,because life can go in different directions at anytime and I am so aware of that or maybe I just have the gift of fear

The Gift of Fear! amen! I thought my 3 yr old was watching TV with his sister, while I was putting away groceries. NOPE! He'd found a screwdriver and removed the door knob at the bottom of the stairs/basement! Less than 10 min! WOW. expect the unexpected too. It still bothers me today 15 years later! imagine what he could have done! could have been soo much worse.
Prayers for Joshua! What in the world happened? Why did no one hear anything?

I don't know if these has been posted about the ball on the mailbox .Found this article
eliminates the ball

Another distraction centered on a toy that was found resting on a mailbox. Initial speculation was that it was too high for the child to have placed it there, indicating an adult's involvement in his disappearance. Penshorn, however, explained the ball was an old, forgotten toy found in high weeds and placed on the mailbox by a searcher Saturday or Sunday

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...-search-for-toddler-1001661.php#ixzz1ECzNgR3S

The lack of news coverage greatly disturbs me too. Even when there is new coverage, there seems to be nothing "new" in the articles. How about everyone of the Web Sleuths following this forum write the editor of the Herald-Zeitung and request coverage that could answer some questions, that could further the case in a positive way. I respect the police keeping the investigation info close to the vest and do not think quenching our curiousness warrants compromising the investigation, but on the other hand I do believe there are a lot of people out here who care and putting the info out there will encourage more support from the public....and it just takes one valid lead from the public to make a difference. The Herald has links to the staff's emails. If not the editor we could write the reporter assigned to covering this story. We could send them a list of questions that need answering like:

What are the lie detector results?
Why were the bucket and tarp taken from the back yard?
Who exactly lives in the home?
Who was the friend?
Why didn't the friend take a lie detector test?
When exactly was Joshua last seen?
Did the dogs find any scent of the child in the yard?

I am certain you all could compile a much more thorough list of questions and then everyone could bombard them with email requesting improved news coverage and they would be armed with more information/education regarding the case.

No offense, but LE is not obligated to answer any of the above questions from the media or to WS, since this is an ongoing investigation. As much as we may be curious to know all the details, some of the things you mentioned are really none of our business. Sorry.

Hi, just wanted to make a quick comment. I live close by New Braunfels... my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson were at Wal-mart grocery shopping a week ago and got trapped by the security in an aisle. Well to make a long story short... someone reported my grandson being the missing baby. After 2 hours, 7 policemen, 4 security guards and questioning and calling doctors to confirm it was not the baby they finally let them go. I don't think they know where the babe is. MOO

I can't imagine how frightening that must have been for your family, but this occurrence does show that the word is getting out about Joshua's disappearance and people are being observant.

I'm really sorry this happened to your family, but it's good to know that people are watching for Joshua...sad to say I don't think they will find him alive. :cry:

More than 20 people were interviewed during the first two days after the 18-month-old’s Feb. 4 disappearance from the family home in the 2600 block of Savannah Hill Circle, said NBPD Lt. Michael Penshorn.

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/local_news/article_3f969994-3a44-11e0-a954-001cc4c002e0.html

So, initially there was said to be 9 people in the house, is that correct?

That is correct,maybe they interviewed the neighbors.I am wondering how many people came and left that day other than the nine.Someone said a pizza delivery guy was there too,so who really knows

i would be suing them

Wait a minute do we know that for a fact that the friend didn't take a lie detector test?That would mean he refused to take one.I believe this was a friend of the father correct?

Wait a minute do we know that for a fact that the friend didn't take a lie detector test?That would mean he refused to take one.I believe this was a friend of the father correct?

No Gidget we only know that father was reported to have stated friend refused to take LDT.

The link to the article is backthread and IIRC it was by our member Hihater.

HTH :)

Pizza guy delivery man was speculation and rumor that was posted as a comment on an article and brought here for consideration. I haven't seen it confirmed as fact but if I missed that convo I apologize.

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member