TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would be suing them

Really? There's a missing child out there. I would be thanking the authorities for being so thorough. I would be bending over backwards to help in any way I could. There but for the grace of G-d go I.

Really? There's a missing child out there. I would be thanking the authorities for being so thorough.

Thorough? Wrong dogs, really long time to expand the search area, open conflict between family and LE...

I respectfully disagree. I would already have the lawsuit filed.

Thorough? Wrong dogs, really long time to expand the search area, open conflict between family and LE...

In order to sue them you would need to have suffered some sort of damages, and I don't see how checking out a baby damages anything. If LE has probable cause, they had every right to check out that baby (probable cause being he looked exactly like the missing child).

The open conflict between LE and family is nothing new---and a lot of times LE ends up being right on the money when there is conflict. Some people are just not very open and trusting of police to begin with. But you know what? If I needed help finding my child, I'd probably do every reasonable thing the police ask of me. We have to understand that LE are trained professionals and this is not their first time at the rodeo. If the family does not want to assist, they may get the feeling that LE is not helping them or doing what they want, but that's not how it works. They have to operate within bounds and according to policy. I think the open conflict between the family and LE makes the family look suspicious to some people. The family is screaming abduction, abduction, abduction...but the police are saying no, there's no evidence of that. Think about it...

All of that is JMO...btw

Really? There's a missing child out there. I would be thanking the authorities for being so thorough. I would be bending over backwards to help in any way I could. There but for the grace of G-d go I.

Agreed. & the other poster said that happened a week ago---that would have been somewhat at the outset of this investigation.

I don't think that incident speaks to what LE knows NOW, a week later. JMO

Respectfully snipped:

New here. Read thru this forum (but not the previous threads) and didn't see this info, so thought I'd share it:

1. Nancy Grace is following the Joshua Davis disappearance now

http://backseatlawyer.blogspot.com/2011/02/nancy-grace-enters-search-for-missing.html

As for law enforcement, New Braunfels is a small, cozy community between San Antonio and San Marcos. It's a pretty, small town probably best known for its big water park and its annual Wurtzfest. Not much major crime experience for its police, which I'm sure New Braunfels is glad to report - until now - but they got the Texas Rangers involved as well as the FBI early on, I believe.

Based on my past experience dealing with the Rangers when I represented kids in CPS Court here in SA, I'm comforted in the knowledge that Texas Rangers are involved. They may not be Gus and Call, but the ones I've met have been pretty tough and very impressive.

So, I'm assuming that this lack of news doesn't mean that there is nothing to report, but that investigators aren't wanting to reveal things that might spook their suspect. At least, I'm hopeful that this is the truth; it's better than the alternative.

Hope this helps. I'm new here, and not sure how to insert hyperlinks (sorry).

Reba Kennedy
(Backseat Lawyer Blog)

From the above Link:

Joshua Davis is 18 months old and very cute. He has big button brown eyes and a wide, expecting smile. He is also missing, and has been for over a week now. His mother is very pregnant, and this prevents her from taking a lie detector test. Meanwhile, Joshua's daddy has taken several lie detector tests, and passed.

According to WOAI-TV reporting (see Nancy Grace media link below), so has everyone else who was in the home that day - except for one individual who remains unidentified.

------------

I also read that LE has asked the dad not to reveal the "friend's" name - due to the on-going investigation.

Respectfully snipped:

From the above Link:

Joshua Davis is 18 months old and very cute. He has big button brown eyes and a wide, expecting smile. He is also missing, and has been for over a week now. His mother is very pregnant, and this prevents her from taking a lie detector test. Meanwhile, Joshua's daddy has taken several lie detector tests, and passed.

According to WOAI-TV reporting (see Nancy Grace media link below), so has everyone else who was in the home that day - except for one individual who remains unidentified.

------------

I also read that LE has asked the dad not to reveal the "friend's" name - due to the on-going investigation.

I wonder if LE has said everyone passed, or if that's just what we are hearing from the family. If my memory serves me right, Misty Croslin also said she "passed" a lie detector test...

I'm talking about the people who were detaining the family because they thought the baby was Joshua. If they were truly detained for any length of time, and required outside proof that it was indeed their child, *those* investigators were doing a thorough job.

I hope I can because it would help people understand the home better. The square footage is almost as large as that of my two story home, and there are more bedrooms in that mobile home than there are in my house. It makes me think that maybe it would have been easier than thought for Joshua to slip out.

From the video they showed (can't remember which one to link at the moment) of the inside of the home, it's very small. It's a small living room open to a small kitchen. The bedroom doors are right off the living area.

I wonder if LE has said everyone passed, or if that's just what we are hearing from the family. If my memory serves me right, Misty Croslin also said she "passed" a lie detector test...

good example :)

I really want to hear LE make some kind of statement in regard to the "friend" rather than hearing what the parents have to state about him/her.

But that's just me. You know IIRC, LE did make a vague statement about the person the mom claims left the home. I don't remember where I saw that but I'm pretty sure it was text as in an article rather than a video. HTH.

Really wish LE would just make a statement though. They don't have to compromise the investigation, they can just let everyone that is watching and waiting know they are on the ball. KWIM?

JMHO.

Is LE physically searching every day? If not, I would make a guess that they are working on a suspect and hope to learn from him or her where they should be searching. I can't imagine not searching every day if they are no closer to figuring out what happened to him.

Is LE physically searching every day? If not, I would make a guess that they are working on a suspect and hope to learn from him or her where they should be searching. I can't imagine not searching every day if they are no closer to figuring out what happened to him.

I agree and its frightening. From what I've seen in following these kinds of cases, this is not a good sign. If LE isn't forcing the issue to the media, to keep Joshua's picture out there or having pressers to get information to the public, its almost as if they're saying...there's no point...we have an idea of what happened and we don't think he's out there where someone might see him. :maddening:

I agree and its frightening. From what I've seen in following these kinds of cases, this is not a good sign. If LE isn't forcing the issue to the media, to keep Joshua's picture out there or having pressers to get information to the public, its almost as if they're saying...there's no point...we have an idea of what happened and we don't think he's out there where someone might see him. :maddening:

We also have not seen/heard LE alert the public that there is some kidnapper on the loose and to keep your kids indoor. KWIM? I think their silence speaks volumes...well to me it does.

We also have not seen/heard LE alert the public that there is some kidnapper on the loose and to keep your kids indoor. KWIM? I think their silence speaks volumes...well to me it does.

Very true and I agree!!! I can't figure out who though....or even come up with a theory.

I am starting to really believe they might know the who but not the where.LE said whatever happened to Joshua was in or around the house.That means they don't think he wondered off and someone around that house had something to do with him being missing.LE also said ,it wasn't an abduction,so if someone in that house took him wouldn't that be an abduction.So I wonder if what they are saying is they don't think he is with us,which I hate even thinking.This is getting just a little confusing.If the friend did not take that LDT,that makes me wonder why not?

I'm sure I saw Lt. Penshorn say that everyone that was in that home was given a lie detector test except for SB.

I also know Nancy Grace said the same thing, the night she spoke with Lt. Penshorn.

That last news report does not bode well for the situation or baby Joshua. Very upsetting!

www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_new...ssing-New-Braunfels-boy-continues-1018806.php

Police are saying this child has not been abducted, and did not wander off!

Doesn't leave many options that's for sure!

"Police say the boy, who vanished from a mobile home crowded with adults on Feb. 4, didn't wander off. Tracking dogs haven't been able to pick up his scent, and exhaustive searches of a two-mile area around the boy's home have turned up no signs.

Police and abduction experts also have ruled out the possibility of a kidnapping."

So, that leaves few possibilities that I can think of:

1. child died accidentally in home, it was covered up
2. child was killed in home, it was covered up

Interesting that they are discounting abduction. My number one theory has always been the family friend...hmmm.

"Police say the boy, who vanished from a mobile home crowded with adults on Feb. 4, didn't wander off. Tracking dogs haven't been able to pick up his scent, and exhaustive searches of a two-mile area around the boy's home have turned up no signs.

Police and abduction experts also have ruled out the possibility of a kidnapping."

So, that leaves few possibilities that I can think of:

1. child died accidentally in home, it was covered up
2. child was killed in home, it was covered up

Interesting that they are discounting abduction. My number one theory has always been the family friend...hmmm.

Yes, and now that brings the purported time line into question, but wow, no one's talking. All I can think of to compare this to is the Hailey Cummings case.

Kind of makes me wonder if the visiting friend wasn't set up to be the fall guy, ya know?

It is hard for me to believe that if something did happen,everyone knew about it.To keep something like that quiet with that many people around ,would be hard to do.I feel that this person was alone with Joshua and something happened at that point.They kept quiet
like nothing happened,JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member