TX - Juliet & Cavanaugh Ramirez, die in hot car, Weatherford, 26 May 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it's a Ford Fusion. The logo on the grill appears blue like the Ford logo.

I drive a 2014 Ford Fusion and the front grill is much more square and boxy. I do not believe the body style has changed much since the 2013 overhaul.

Just saw this as a banner on top....

Is the mother in custody? or home? Any updates yet?

TIA!

:rose: RIP Juliet & Cavanaugh :rose:

My youngest could open up the front doors on our mini van when he was 20 months old or so. (This is the wild child I have tons of stories about.) He was even determined enough to figure out what key went into the ignition. How do I know? My husband was working under the hood of the van with several people around and baby boy opened the door and got in the driver's seat. No big deal as he was contained and easily seen. My husband took my keys out and let him play drive. What he didn't know is I had the spare keys in the van and that little stinker found the right key, put it in the ignition and turned it to accessory and put it in reverse. HORRIFYING!! Here is what ended up happening.
View attachment 117467
We sold the van, got one with shift lock and added never letting a child play in a vehicle no matter what to our ever growing list of things we needed to do to keep this child alive. So, I can understand how these 2 could get into the vehicle on their own. The story may not turn out to be what happened, but I do wholeheartedly believe it is plausible and I am assuming mom spent the 15 minutes looking for them. Yes, I would have called LE before then, but it sounds like the children were mimicking what they see by getting in the vehicle with the keys and phone. (I want this to be what happened because my heart cannot take another parent intentionally harming their children.)

Oy, I just starting reading this and I believe mums story to be a great big steaming pile of CRAP! JMO

Wow, Perfectingpink, what an amazing and very frightening story. I hope he has improved his driving skills, insurance can be quite the pain in the arse. Thank God it wasn't any worse and that cinder block or concrete partition thingy was there.

40 or so years ago I had something like this happen, not once but twice. Our neighbors house directly across the street from us sat higher up and their driveway had a steep slope, and when their oldest child was 3 or 4 she got in the car and managed to either take off the emergency brake or somehow put the car in reverse, and when she did this the car zoomed down driveway and crossed the street, jumped the curb to our front yard and came to a stop when the car smashed into our brick front porch on two separate occasions.
The child was not harmed either time and the porch survived but lost a couple corner bricks which were easily repaired.

Uhh, maybe the mother is lying? That is much more plausible.

Poor little babies.... ugh this breaks my heart knowing what they went through as they were dying.... sickening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a couple of things that don't make sense. When you have two toddlers, don't you put your cell phone and keys up and away from them? My granddaughter is always grabbing a cell if she can get her hands on one. My son has a broken screen to show for it.

It just seems so odd that the girls were able to do so many things that were preventable. They got the phone and the keys,they both got out of the house, without being heard or seen. Was the door unlocked?

They got down the driveway, and down the road a bit, to the car. amazingly, it was unlocked? And they were able to open the door , both climb in, close the door, lock them, and still have the keys and the cell in hand? How long before they would actually be deceased? I think that takes a little while.

Just on the face of it, the explanation seems highly improbable.

I'm having a lot of trouble accepting the statement, "they took off". Kids that age can't run fast enough to outrun a grownup - not to the point that they can't be found. In this particular case, stopping to get the car unlocked, get the car door open, both kids climb inside, and then close the car door should have given the mom the advantage she needed to catch up to them if they got away from her. And, btw, wouldn't she hear the car door close if she was hot on their trail?! If she couldn't catch both of them she, at the very least, should have been able to catch one of them. To me, that one statement trips up her whole story. That statement makes it sound as though this all happened within a matter of a couple of minutes, which clearly could not have been the case.

They only part that seems possible would be climbing in. Opening or closing the door (SUV, right?) seems highly unlikely.

The mother will be arrested before the end of the week.

They only part that seems possible would be climbing in. Opening or closing the door (SUV, right?) seems highly unlikely.

Not to mention the kids being able to get the keys AND the phone. I have a 5 year old nephew that I kept nearly everyday for the first 2 1/2 years of his life. He loved keys and cellphones and could get either one of them before you knew he had them. But he ALWAYS gave himself away because he liked the sound of the keys so the first thing he would do when he got a set of keys was make a WHOLE lot of noise with them.

As far as my phone goes, it is ALWAYS right beside me. If he had my phone I knew he had it and allowed him tk

Sorry - that got posted before I finished typing it and Tapatalk wouldn't let me edit the post. Here's the remainder of the post:
to have it. And besides all of this getting keys and a phone, there is no way he could open either outside door at my house even at 2 1/2. They're both too heavy and the front door has a really heavy glass screen door. Even if he had gotten a door open I certainly would have heard it open.

I don't know if this woman is covering up a crime, or attempting to, (and I'm not making any accusations, just offering my observations and opinion) but this all sounds very familiar to a case we had in the greater Little Rock area a little over 2 years ago. It happened in Searcy, AR and a 2 year old little boy named Malik Drummond went missing on a very cold night in November. His father and step mother claimed he opened the back door without anyone knowing and disappeared. Search teams looked for him for months. It turned out the father had beaten the boy several times that evening and the final beating caused enough damage to kill Malik. His body was eventually found and his father pled no contest and got 40 years for second degree murder and abuse of a corpse.

Respectfully I still wouldn't knock out a window on top of my kids knowing the glass shards would spread all over my children for a couple of reasons, 1st because I wouldn't want glass all over my children, secondly I'm reaching in and pulling them out and don't want to risk glass pressing into their skin when I pull them out.

That is me regardless of safety glass. I mean no disrespect this is just my thoughts

So they can open from the outside even though the parents are used to opening them, but not from the inside?

I hit a deer head on when my dd was 2. The windshield shattered and dd was covered in glass. The firefighters who responded vacuumed the glass off of her and she didn't have even one little scratch. They explained to me that car windows are tempered glass and when it breaks it doesn't break into sharp pieces.

I am wondering if she might have gone to sleep with them, when they napped? I will admit that when my 2nd baby was an infant, I would sometimes sleep when both were napping. And it did happen a couple of times that I woke up, only to see my 4 yr old playing on the floor with legos, while the baby and I were asleep. :eek:

Off-topic, but I vividly remember teaching myself to climb over the safety rail on my bed for the first time, and going to wake my mother from her own nap. She was in disbelief that I'd done it on my own, and wanted me to do it again to show her. When I successfully got down from the bed for the second time, I didn't understand why she became angry with me. (Looking back, I guess it was because it was the end of her being able to keep me contained that way.) :innocent:

I have one of those, he is 19 now. still a PIA. lol God love him.

Please do not throw stones at me about the above story. I am the mom who put her child on a leash (that didn't work because he was too strong and determined and could break out of it). I brought a long sleeve sweater with me so I could tie him into the grocery cart because he would wiggle out of the belt constantly stand up if not. I also put locks up on the top of any door that led outside because he learned to open them by 12 months also. When I say there was a list of things to keep this child alive, I meant it. Some children are just bent on putting their parents into cardiac arrest and for some reason, God thought I should be blessed with one. Thank goodness we all made it through it.

"took off" is just a figure of speech meaning they left... doesn't really mean anyone saw them.

I'd like to know exactly where on the property the car was.

The kids having the keys and moms phone. Was she heading somewhere with the kids but forgot something and went back into the house taking a lot longer than expected?

Is hide and seek a cover story? She says they 'took off' To say that it implies they were seen leaving. Several red flags here, I have so many questions.

maybe a ford?

What is your opinion on the make/model of this car?? Does anyone recognize the front grill as a specific make at least? I was initially thinking it was a Kia Forte, but unclear. Also, the spoiler type may be a giveaway for some. In initially looking at the wheels, it appears it is a compact car, but not too high end because they appear to be basic stock wheels.

View attachment 117559

View attachment 117560

View attachment 117561

Okay, thank you. I thought it was an SUV. Still doubtful that a 27 mo. old could open the door, and then close it.

All the while carrying a cell phone,keys and a baby in tow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back