Found Deceased TX - Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10, Bullard, 1 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news reporting in this case is so odd. No presser and no actual LE sources named. Vague info coming via tweet only, or in the tweet upthread, via a part-time meteorologist? I don't doubt the rumors will turn out to be fairly accurate, but LE should release an actual statement before someone ends up getting hurt.

True. The Smith County Jail site is down too. Cannot do a search of inmates. :(

True. The Smith County Jail site is down too. Cannot do a search of inmates. :(

I take it this is a very small town? The local news coverage seems very amateurish (not naming actual sources or suspects properly), and the news and govt websites can't handle the traffic.

Yes. Crime scene tape was up around the house on the left but later photos showed LE activity behind the smaller building on the right.

Thanks skibs! Has anyone learned - without naming names here of course - the owner's name and whether it connects to Kayla?

I really want to know which 'uncle' is being held. It makes sense it might be the last one to have been seen with her as it happens that way too often. But then again, he is not really an uncle so....?

They said the uncle was involved

Yes but no one knows exactly who that is supposed to mean.

(I'm aware of the rumors and the likelihoods, but LE for whatever reason has chosen not to confirm.)

For clarification, does anyone know if the man they have is an actual UNCLE or the cousin's husband commonly referred to as her uncle?

Yes. Crime scene tape was up around the house on the left but later photos showed LE activity behind the smaller building on the right.

It's likely there are two crime scenes one where the attack took place and the well not far from each other.

Kayla Gomez has been found in a well. FLY HIGH BEAUTIFUL :rose:

Law enforcement Officials are also confirming that the Uncle is responsible.

http://www.easttexasmatters.com//news/breaking-news/body-of-kayla-gomez-has-been-found

They said the uncle was involved
BBM

Although saying "the" uncle implies that it is an uncle we know about (otherwise it would say "an" or "her" uncle), I'm going to keep saying that we don't know that it is "the" uncle who spoke on camera until we hear a name. There could be other uncles. And again, the cousin's husband is not an uncle. Sorry to keep harping on this, but in fairness to Kayla's grieving family, I hope we can all be patient and wait before speculating. I can't imagine what they are going through.

So sorry for the family, rest in peace baby girl. :-(

The increased reward must have made somebody talk!

Thanks skibs! Has anyone learned - without naming names here of course - the owner's name and whether it connects to Kayla?

I did a property search on the bigger house and it came back to an elderly couple. Idk if means anything but it wasn't a Hispanic name.

For clarification, does anyone know if the man they have is an actual UNCLE or the cousin's husband commonly referred to as her uncle?

I read it was the baby cousins father. So if it is cousin would be second cousin, if not uncle, either way, I don't believe many of us are surprised, but shocked indeed.

It doesn't look like we are going to get a name until tomorrow. :eek:fftobed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member