Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This kind of "the public do not need to worry" response from police has become more and more common recently. To me it serves a few purposes:
- the public are placated and go about their lives in a normal fashion
- the public may also feel that the police have matters under control and are moving in on a suspect so there is less chance of an outburst of vigilantism
- the suspect may get a false sense of security by thinking they are not under scrutiny and get sloppy while under observation
Sometimes the "the public do not need to worry" response is police speak for the following
- a suspected suicide
- a suspected homicide with a specific targeted victim

In this case I'm not sure of the Bedford's police thinking but I think it may be in an effort to calm the community and possibly that they have their eyes on specific people. I am hoping that there will be an arrest in the next 24 hours.

I think a false sense of security would be the last thing a community needs when a dangerous criminal is among them. Like a month ago, a man went nuts and went on a couple day crime spree across the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The couple that was shot was near my kids' school and it had to be put on lockdown, otherwise I might have never heard about it. This dude kidnapped a guy in Dallas, stole a car, broke into a home, shot the couple who lived there (the man died, the wife did not), stole their ATM card and another car...just...absolute craziness. And no one was like "Watch out for this guy. Here's a description. He kidnapped a man today."
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.star...al/community/fort-worth/article143976174.html

Sally Kimball, do you have a theory about this case? Curious as to what you think may have happened, or what may justify LE's statements about community safety...

Sally Kimball, do you have a theory about this case? Curious as to what you think may have happened, or what may justify LE's statements about community safety...

I don't have a theory. I do feel like maybe it was an accident somehow...because the police chief went to great pains to not indicate that they felt that someone-anyone-was responsible for this. Maybe protecting the PD from a lawsuit. I feel like had she been compacted, her body wouldn't have been found. Idk how much a body would resemble a body after being compacted. I get the feeling that they're trying to downplay this but why they are, I can't say. I feel like if they knew for sure it was murder they'd be making statements along the lines of "we will bring the person responsible to justice." But it's nothing like that. He describes it as a "tragic loss" and says they're looking for "answers." It is my opinion based on the way he's talking that they don't know if it is a murder or they are making it seem like they don't know it's a murder to maybe keep someone from leaving town or keep them talking to police. I can't imagine too many scenarios that end with a deceased 14 year old in a landfill. Especially not criminal scenarios. So for him to be erring on the side of this not being a homicide is really, really strange to me.

This kind of "the public do not need to worry" response from police has become more and more common recently. To me it serves a few purposes:
- the public may also feel that the police have matters under control and are moving in on a suspect so there is less chance of an outburst of vigilantism
- the suspect may get a false sense of security by thinking they are not under scrutiny and get sloppy while under observation
Sometimes the "the public do not need to worry" response is police speak for the following
- a suspected suicide

In this case I'm not sure of the Bedford's police thinking but I think it may be in an effort to calm the community and possibly that they have their eyes on specific people. I am hoping that there will be an arrest in the next 24 hours.

this is just so their phones will quit ringing off the wall so much

- a suspected suicide

Or the person that did this is known to her and its personal. To me this would mean the public is not at risk. Sometimes the way we interpret things that are said are misleading. Imo they are not looking at a seial killer or sex offenders.
There is alot more here i think. Guess we have to wait and see.

Too many ppl in this case said she was with friends. Yet it took awhile to figure out what friend.

No one should end up in a landfill. Or the trash or garbage.
So sad.

I think we have to wait and see how she died. Maybe so e dna was left behind.

If LE says the community at large is not at risk yet the apartment complex has issued a warning, what gives?

I think the apt complex is covering their butts.

If there was a sexual assault id think we would have known day one dont u think?

If there was a sexual assault id think we would have known day one dont u think?

I've noticed the past few years that they don't generally like to state sexual assault when it's a minor. Oftentimes that information comes out when there is an arrest.

My older son started school about a month after he turned 5. In his class there were a couple who didn't start until they were 7 (the oldest Minnesota allows) and a couple others who were held back because they weren't socially ready. I also had a babysitter for him when he was young who had been held back in kindergarten because of her size (she was about KC's size in high school). I don't really understand what difference it makes which grade she was in anyway, but there are many reasons for variations. MOO
Jumping off your informative post (ty), also it was mentioned in her obituary that she has travelled extensively. There are parents that will pull children out if school for these types of trips, deeming them "educational" and worthwhile (I would). Perhaps if she fell behind this was a reason? Regardless, I'm glad she got to see and do so much in her tragically shortened life.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

On the video where the helicopter shows the body at the landfill, it looks llike she has clothes on still - so hopefully that means there was NO sexual assault.

On the video where the helicopter shows the body at the landfill, it looks llike she has clothes on still - so hopefully that means there was NO sexual assault.

Where is that video?

Isn't there supposed to be a presser today?

Or the person that did this is known to her and its personal. To me this would mean the public is not at risk. Sometimes the way we interpret things that are said are misleading. Imo they are not looking at a seial killer or sex offenders.
There is alot more here i think. Guess we have to wait and see.

Too many ppl in this case said she was with friends. Yet it took awhile to figure out what friend.

No one should end up in a landfill. Or the trash or garbage.
So sad.

I think we have to wait and see how she died. Maybe so e dna was left behind.

I have to agree, and hope the same. I also think that because it was still daylight, and because it didn't get dark until around 9, I just can't believe no one saw anything, or heard anything (at least that we know of). I also agree with the apartment complex covering their butts, or they are just doing their part, much like her school.

I'm happy to see that more was added about Kaytlynn, and about the wonderful person she was. I'm happy to see she got to travel as much as she did in her short life. I really hope an arrest is made soon, as you said, no child or person should end up in a landfill. So sad.

[video=twitter;879359390658252800]https://twitter.com/NETarrantNews/status/879359390658252800[/video]

Police say they have no suspect and don’t yet know if she was killed by another person. They are awaiting results of a toxicology report by the medical examiner.

Sunday afternoon, Bedford police confirmed investigators visited an apartment on Oak Creek Lane on Sunday. Lt. Kirk Roberts, a police spokesman, said the apartment was in the same complex as Kaytlynn’s. “I think they talked to several people, whether it be friends, whether it be neighbors,” he said.

But Roberts said no arrests have been made and no search warrants served. He said he’s not aware of any suspects or persons of interest, adding, “Obviously there’s several tips and leads they’re following up on.”

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article158181939.html

Police say they have no suspect and don’t yet know if she was killed by another person. They are awaiting results of a toxicology report by the medical examiner.

Sunday afternoon, Bedford police confirmed investigators visited an apartment on Oak Creek Lane on Sunday. Lt. Kirk Roberts, a police spokesman, said the apartment was in the same complex as Kaytlynn’s. “I think they talked to several people, whether it be friends, whether it be neighbors,” he said.

But Roberts said no arrests have been made and no search warrants served. He said he’s not aware of any suspects or persons of interest, adding, “Obviously there’s several tips and leads they’re following up on.”

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article158181939.html

BBM: I'm always a huge supporter of LE, but I just don't understand many of the comments they've released. The BBM for example. Do think she took an overdose of something, left her dog tied up and then crawled into a dumpster? REALLY????

I think it would make more sense to just say that cause of death hasn't been determined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member