TX - Kendrick Lee, 8, murdered, 3 sibs abandoned, Houston, 20 Oct 2021 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Child Abuse Case: Mother's boyfriend arrested in Luling during the week of boy's deadly beating

"ABC13 has confirmed Coulter spent some of that time in jail for a charge out of Luling, which narrows the timeline.

"The manager of Buc-ee's calle0d dispatch and asked for a welfare check on an intoxicated male subject who they thought was possibly armed with a handgun," explained Luling Chief of Police Bill Sala in an interview with ABC13. "My officer went out there and encountered Brian Coulter, and his passenger was Gloria Williams."

Don't know if, this is posted before, if so, sorry about that.
Thought it was worth a mention about BC and his life style.

"I'm sorry. I didn't do it."

White asked Williams if she knew Kendrick was dead. Her response was,

"No."

When White asked Williams why she left the kids alone, she responded,

"I checked on them every two weeks."
Houston abandoned kids: Mother apologizes from jail | khou.com

Her comment about 'checking on them every two weeks' in response to 'why did you leave them alone' gives great insight into how she views her role as a mother.
She probably thinks she was responsible and caring for 'providing' them a roof over the head.

As for her not knowing he was dead??
I have two helpful hints for her -- One--that awful, overwhelming smell in the apartment-
? It's Not from the roaches, filth, and stale hot air you've left your children living in.. That's your baby's decomposing body.
Two. .. When you stop by twice a month, notice someone missing? Yes, that's one of your children. This is the time to look around the apartment, call police... Something, anything.

She knew what was happening and what she was doing. ('Imo')

Last edited:
I know that it can be hard to place multiple children together in temporary, foster, and eventual adoptive homes but I feel it is crucial that these three brothers stay together.
They are the only constant, positive in each other's lives.
ITA - I wonder if any family members will step up ? They are going to need so much love and support - this is one of the worse cases I have ever seen .
JMO

I can hardly bear to look at this thread anymore. I've been here since 2009 and this is the worst case I've seen, on so many levels.

The 'momster' needs to be put away for decades, though I'm not certain about Texas sentencing parameters. Whatever the maximum is, after conviction, give it to her.

The animal that killed this poor boy (beaten to death in front of his brothers!) needs to be put away forever, or executed. Nothing less.

@JoeFromLB I hear ya. Joined in 09 as well. This is just like a whole 'nother level. I don't often throw around the word evil but it's all I can think to describe these individuals.

Last edited:
How dare she say she didn't know he was dead? She was there, he was her baby!
Checking on them TWICE a month? One of them is 7 for goodness sake! How confused they must have been. Letting that monster coming back to hurt them again and again, I just can't! I'm so heartbroken over this.

Gonzalez said it appears Williams occasionally provided food by some delivery service, but it was never anything substantial, and was instead snacks like noodles, chips and soft drinks.

When deputies found the boys at the apartment, they were visibly thin. Wolfford said the boys said they wanted donuts, so the deputies immediately took them to a nearby shop.

He said an early investigation indicated that the younger boys may have been locked inside the apartment by Coulter.

"Very sweet children. Very nice. Very well spoken... at the same time, that thousand yard stare, that blankness in the eyes," Wolfford said of the kids. "At the same time they were as sweet as you can be. Nice children."
Brothers describe 8-year-old boy's beating death in their family home in new court details

The couple would occasionally visit the boys, as is evident by a severe injury the 9-year-old had to his jaw, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said.

Investigators believe Coulter beat the 9-year-old and caused the injury about three weeks ago. No medical attention was given at the time. The boy will soon undergo surgery, officials said.
Texas child abuse suspect faces judge for 1st time in bizarre appearance

At a certain point, there just aren't any more words. That thousand yard stare, nothing but tears for these babies.

It is easy to say,but it seems to me that everybody failed these children,I hope -really hope,they learn how to deal with it.

Also ,just a remark from my side,pls do not call these perps -animals!
It is the human race that does these things....:(

From one of the DM articles posted above,

"Authorities on Wednesday alleged that Coulter punched and kicked Kendrick to death around Thanksgiving Day last year, and Williams refused to report him to the police, claiming she was afraid her children would be taken away and she would end up in jail. "

She refused to report him to the police --

1) not because she was terrified of what he would do to her.

2) 'afraid her children would be taken away' -- Taken away from what?? Her twice monthly drop-ins? Taken away from their brother's dead body? Or from the hellish apartment that was their home?

---> I think this mentality of 'not going to have my kids taken away' is at the heart of so many cases where parents are addicted to drugs, hang with criminals and abusers, unable to provide a healthy life for their kids,.or were just unfit to have children in the first place. The children BELONG to them and are THEIRS to control (or abuse or neglect). It is the inability or the unwillingness to realize that what the kids need desperately is to be 'taken away' while the parent gets his/her life together (or while the parent carries on destroying their life).

3) didn't report to police because she would end up in jail. This is the only honest answer. Couldn't go to jail because she was very busy not raising her 6 (7?) children.

It looks like these boys might have someone on their corner. I sure hope Kirklin can step up and be there for his son. It sounds like his heart is in the right place, now it's time to put the work in and prove that he is the right person to take care of his son. If he isn't, I hope he keeps trying to be better and still stays around and is present in his son's life.

These guys didn't kill Kendrick and didn't hurt the surviving children. Time to move on, and be there to support these poor kids. Do better, let's go.

I am disgusted by the so-called parents of all of these poor kids. And pretty much all of the other adults in their lives.

I understand that she blocked them, but you can't tell me that they didn't have common friends that knew where she was.

Personally, I hope CPS and the courts refuse ANY of them for these kids. They need a good, loving, safe home and no one in their lives, seeking their 15 minutes of "let me clear my name" fame, deserves to have them. Ever.

The mountain of work these poor kids are going to have to do to recover and move forward is staggering.

I am disgusted by the so-called parents of all of these poor kids. And pretty much all of the other adults in their lives.

I understand that she blocked them, but you can't tell me that they didn't have common friends that knew where she was.

Personally, I hope CPS and the courts refuse ANY of them for these kids. They need a good, loving, safe home and no one in their lives, seeking their 15 minutes of "let me clear my name" fame, deserves to have them. Ever.

The mountain of work these poor kids are going to have to do to recover and move forward is staggering.
Agree 100%....that is all.

I'm trying to imagine what it might take to heal these children. It's impossible to determine without knowing whether they have been brain damaged from physical assaults over the years..
I just hope they are shown love and gentle touch for a very long time from a suitably qualified and devoted carer.
We can hope.
They need the BEST now and forever.

Gonzalez said it appears Williams occasionally provided food by some delivery service, but it was never anything substantial, and was instead snacks like noodles, chips and soft drinks.

When deputies found the boys at the apartment, they were visibly thin. Wolfford said the boys said they wanted donuts, so the deputies immediately took them to a nearby shop.

He said an early investigation indicated that the younger boys may have been locked inside the apartment by Coulter.

"Very sweet children. Very nice. Very well spoken... at the same time, that thousand yard stare, that blankness in the eyes," Wolfford said of the kids. "At the same time they were as sweet as you can be. Nice children."
Brothers describe 8-year-old boy's beating death in their family home in new court details

The couple would occasionally visit the boys, as is evident by a severe injury the 9-year-old had to his jaw, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said.

Investigators believe Coulter beat the 9-year-old and caused the injury about three weeks ago. No medical attention was given at the time. The boy will soon undergo surgery, officials said.
Texas child abuse suspect faces judge for 1st time in bizarre appearance

At a certain point, there just aren't any more words. That thousand yard stare, nothing but tears for these babies.
You said it all.
The world must step up for these children now. Posts like yours explain very well why.
I wonder if they will stay together for their healing journeys? Possibly not....?

As others have pointed out the media thread is a place just for media links, maps and timeline and no discussion - I find some of our sleuthers accidentally post in the media only threads and I bring their posts to the discussion thread because they will be deleted (because there is no discussion allowed) otherwise those comments are lost forever. Make sense ?
I always appreciate your taking the time to do that. It is very kind of you. Thanks for all you do @ovied

I can’t see the article so I’m just going off of the headline. just weeks?? I can’t imagine it didn’t reek all throughout the hot summer.
In Houston no less!
It’s basically hotter than hades (where those two belong) for 6 months of the year, so they had to be sweltering in that apartment. Plus the high humidity.
As well as freezing cold when that freeze hit and the power grid went down for weeks.

Both fathers want their children so, if that happens, they won't stay together. In that case, it would be great to have a plan to keep the children connected.
Where have the fathers been? They obviously didn't want them previously or they would have at least known the situation they were in prior to this. No excuse! Deadbeat parents who now want their kids because they see the $$$$$$$ signs. MOO JMO It makes me so angry.

Where have the fathers been? They obviously didn't want them previously or they would have at least known the situation they were in prior to this. No excuse! Deadbeat parents who now want their kids because they see the $$$$$$$ signs. MOO JMO It makes me so angry.
Read the previous posts. I'm not going to judge them because they didn't knew and they weren't the ones who killed that poor child and victimized the other children. If that's your opinion then so be it, I don't agree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1
Back