GUILTY TX - Kilgore, 'Lavender Doe' WhtFem 483UFTX, 17-25, in woods, burned, Oct'06 - Dana Dodd

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
USOKAR06-10844c1.jpg

maybe someone could enlarge the pic on the left, I am not all that good at that stuff. there is some resemblence. time and lifestyle change could cause some character changes? couldn't it? clicking on the pic on the left is a quick jump to her myspace page. logged in on 2-19-08

Are we sure that Alexis Horton is still a missing person? The only mention of her missing is on that one link. Nothing on NAMPN, etc. Something tells me that that website needs an update.

Also the same myspace profile is also found on facebook. Have you contaced her? It has to be the same person. Looks the same and has the same name. If you want me to contact her on Facebook let me know, I have an account there already.

TF!

Ok I just checked into the case and it is still valid. The myspace profile was updated on 02/15/08 and last logged on 02/19/08. Also the name of the profile has now changed to "his candygirl"

In an email from Jessie's mom she states they are still waiting for word on DNA results between Jessie Foster & Princess Lavender.

In an email from Jessie Foster's mom she says that Lindsay has been ruled out (by DNA) as being Princess Lavender.

This is just a snip from her email:

Thank God for Lindsay Marie Harris' family that her DNA has already confirmed Jane Doe is NOT Lindsay...THANK GOD. Now we pray for the same good news.

Has this young lady been considered? Sorry, if she has. Didn't take time to read all the posts. What do you guys think?
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200604911S

It says that she had a nose job, could they have known this with the condition of the body?

Thanks RKnowley for passing that along. I hope Jessie's family is as fortunate. I will continue to pray for both these families.

I'd also like to know. It seems if true, this would have been a very important detail to release to the public. How many girls in that age range would still have baby teeth????

Hi Lion and all!
Okay...been working on this a little at a time. Here's what I've found out from dental experts:
It's not as rare as we might have thought to have retained "baby teeth." I was told approximately 1 in 1,000 persons have this happen. Albeit you put that into the number of UIDs out there, and it IS a great identifying feature. The most common area to have this happen are in the molars.

Also, the word "cap" and "crown" are used interchangeably with dentists! I didn't know that. I thought they were different. But caps/crowns ARE different than veneers. Veneers are more for cosmetic purposes, usually on the front teeth, to make them more uniform in appearance. So again, when Jessie's mom says "caps," I'm wondering what she means...RKnowley, you seem to be in touch w/ her, can u ask her?

Gregg county authorities are announcing a lead in a cold case. A "person of interest" is announced in relation to a burned body found on the side of the road a year and a half ago.

On October 29, 2006 the body of an unidentified woman was found in Kilgore, off of Fritz Swanson Road". Today, Gregg county authorities released a picture of Joseph Wayne Burnette, 30 of Longview.

Authorities say Burnette was the last person with the woman before she died.

From jail, Burnette has apparently admitted that he gave a woman a ride in his blue greenish dodge pick-up truck. The woman he gave a ride to fits the description of the dead woman. Authorities say Burnette gave the woman a ride just hours before the unidentified woman was killed. "If anybody has specifically seen Joseph Wayne Burnette with this victim in this dodge pick-up truck, at a local restaurant , motel, or park, we want them to contact us. Hopefully, we can get some leads and identify who this victim is," said Mike Claxton of the Gregg County Sheriff's Department.

More at link: http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8030357&nav=menu117_2

The Gregg County Sheriff's Office has today held a press conference, announcing the reopening of a cold case from October 2006.

On October 29, 2006, the body of a woman was found on an oil lease north of Kilgore by two men travelling through the area. A forensic artist with the Texas Rangers, Suzanne Birdwell, reconstructed the face of the woman from the victim's remains. A sculpture was made that shows the possible appearance of the young woman, and photos of the sculpture were taken and distributed throughout the area and on missing persons board throughout Texas.

Gregg County Sheriff's investigators have said that the victim is a young Caucasian woman, probably in her late teens to early twenties, around 5'4", average weight, and strawberry blonde to blonde hair. She was likely to have been wearing blue jeans and a purple-colored long sleeved shirt.

More at link: http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8027425

'Person of interest' in prison after failing to register as sex offender

By MAGGIE SOUZA

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Gregg County sheriff's investigators say they have identified a "person of interest" in the death of an unidentified woman whose burned body was found Oct. 29, 2006.

Joseph Wayne Burnette, 30, of Longview is a "person of interest" in the case, Gregg County Sheriff's Lt. Mike Claxton said Monday afternoon during a news conference. Burnette has not been charged with the woman's death.

More: http://www.news-journal.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/03/18/03182008_unsolved_homicide.html

By Shari Dunn
KETK News

Story Created: Mar 17, 2008 at 6:04 PM CDT
Story Updated: Mar 17, 2008 at 6:04 PM CDT

GREGG-- Gregg county investigators have a prime suspect in an on going sexual homicide case.

In 2006, the body of a girl between the ages of 17 and 22 was found burned in Kilgore.

The girl has yet to be identified but investigators say she was around five foot four inches tall weighing about one hundred to one hundred and twenty pounds.

Deputies say, the person of interest is Joseph Wayne Burnette, who is thirty years of age.

Burnette has been arrested multiple times for sexual assault and has a record of not complying as a sex offender in more than one county.

More (has photo of Joseph Wayne Burnette): http://www.ketknbc.com/home/ticker/16764746.html

It's great that they have a lead on this case, but they can't get any more info from this guy about Princess Lavender other than he gave her a ride?? Surely something he could tell would be a clue - where did he pick her up, did she have an accent... anything!

You can look up Joseph Burnette on the Gregg County Judicial Records search.

He's got a long list of felonies, including,

aggravated sexual assault
aggravated robbery

Poor Princess Lavender just got into the car with the wrong guy. This is a big lead...I'm thinking this girl could be from anywhere now, since she hitched a ride.

Great article, RKnowley! Thank you for posting it:). I would like to know what part of TX or what part of the country Burnette is likely to travel to. Since most serial rapists/killers abduct and/or attack within their comfort zone where ever he may have first met/abducted/attacked Princess may give a clue to where she is from.

Since Princess Lavender hasn't been claimed yet I wonder if she was ever from the area in which she was dumped. It is possible, but it is also possible that she is from another part of TX or from anywhere. This is of course only if Burnette had anything to do with what happened to our dear Princess Lavender.

Lion

I'd say his comfort zone was in the Longview, Texas area.

Princess Lavender was found in Kilgore, Texas which is approximately 12 miles southwest of Longview, Texas.

Joseph Wayne Burnette was caught was caught in a New Diana neighborhood watching a high school girl perform cheerleading moves in her front yard. This act led to his arrest and subsequent return to prison. New Diana, Texas is approximately 18 miles north of Longview, Texas.

If he is responsible for Brandi Wells disappearance she was last seen at a nightclub in Longview, Texas

The body of 40-year-old Deena Cedillio or Deena Garcia was found in Longview, Texas.

So, with that information, I think that Burnette may have hooked up with Princess Lavender within a 50 mile radius (give or take a few) of Longview.

ETA: Heck, Shreveport, LA is only about 65 miles east of Longview, TX.

---

Great article, RKnowley! Thank you for posting it:). I would like to know what part of TX or what part of the country Burnette is likely to travel to. Since most serial rapists/killers abduct and/or attack within their comfort zone where ever he may have first met/abducted/attacked Princess may give a clue to where she is from.

Since Princess Lavender hasn't been claimed yet I wonder if she was ever from the area in which she was dumped. It is possible, but it is also possible that she is from another part of TX or from anywhere. This is of course only if Burnette had anything to do with what happened to our dear Princess Lavender.

Lion

It sounds like LE is pretty sure that Joseph Wayne Burnette is involved in Princess Lavender's death.

This is of course only if Burnette had anything to do with what happened to our dear Princess Lavender.

Lion

I wonder if Princess Lavender could have been hitching a ride on I-20 near Longview, Texas?

If Burnette had anything to do with Brandi Wells' disappearance her car was found parked along I-20 westbound just outside of Longview, Tx.

By KENNETH DEAN
Staff Writer

Ellen Tant has lived a “nightmare” of not knowing what happened to her daughter, and information about another case released Monday has her asking the question — is my daughter dead?

Ms. Tant contacted the Tyler Paper Tuesday in reference to an article detailing new information in the Gregg County case of an unidentified woman whose burned body was found two months after her daughter went missing.

Gregg County Sheriff Lt. Mike Claxton identified 30-year-old Joseph Wayne Burnette as a “person of interest” in the sexual homicide of the burned woman, and said he could possibly be responsible for the disappearance of Tant’s daughter, Brandi Wells, 23, of Brownsboro who has been missing for several years, and the death of Deena Cedillo aka Deena Garcia of Longview.

“I’m just hearing about this today, and I haven’t heard anything on my daughter for at least eight months,” Ms. Tant said in a phone interview.

More here: http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20080318/NEWS01/937030879

It sounds like LE is pretty sure that Joseph Wayne Burnette is involved in Princess Lavender's death.

Yup, they sure do. I was just covering my butoosky in case I get called out for libel or slander or whatever it is when you say something that isn't true or known to be fact:D.

Lion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back