GUILTY TX - Laredo - Grizelda Hernandez (Mom) & Dominic (1 Year Old) Murdered by Border Patrol Agent Boyfriend - Death Penalty Sought - 2018 April 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ohh crikey..... Dr Cunningham. a few minutes in and it's already into chicken entrails area. What I can glean, and I have given it a hard effort, is he is promoting the action of a sort of spread betting guess. Some prisoners will spend their days undoing their blankets and embroidering their shirts with the saved thread, and some prisoners will manufacture shivs and run people thru while reciting the star spangled banner.

It's all a guess. All the charts, all the filigree, all the numbers are actually meaningless. Even Ronald does not know what he is capable of , I bet he surprised himself. No one knows what he will do. All the stats in the world cannot take into account the X-factor of human perspective.

IMO. They could lock him up in a cage , in a bigger cage, enclosed in another cage, if Ronald wants to kill, Ronald will. He could get just as murderous over a can of coke as Child Support.

No one can say he WON'T kill again, wherever he is.

Next session, all this in front of the jury. God alone knows what they will make of it.

The dictum of psychology across all cultures, is..behaviour is character. We are what we DO. Past behaviour is an indicator of future behaviour. Ronald is a murderer of women and children. That is what he is, regardless of what he says, or feels or thinks. That's the obstacle.

( disclaimer... I have no dog in the fight about death penalty or no death penalty. I live in a nation that has only one crime that meets the criteria, and that crime is treason. No one has been executed where I am for 60 years. Is that good or bad? moot point. )

Dr Cunningham is giving a very long and rather pompous oration about the likelihood of Ronald misbehaving in Texas prison , as a lifer... His education, his employment history, his age (34), his contact with society outside, etc...the probability is low that he would be violent in prison.

But does that matter?.. is that pertinent? Since there would be no women, I presume, where he would be incarcerated, and women are his target, that makes sense. His age is a factor, too, but that 34 is his chronological age, in Ronalds mind , I reckon , he is still 17. Still trouble.

@Trooper if you catch up on the trial tonight while all the rest of us are asleep, could you fill us in on what the heck is going on? Appears to be hours worth of boring powerpoint being read by the guy on Zoom. Are the jurors awake? Are they even in the courtroom? guess he is the mental health expert. TIA
What an odd trial. moo
Well... what did I ever do to deserve that? Ye gods, was there ever a man who loved his own voice so much as Dr Cunningham?... on and on and on and on. What will the jury make of it? will it matter to the jury if Ronald is comfortable or UNcomfortable in prison? will they care? Can they imagine Ronald gently taking over the laundry in the prison, checking all the clothes labels, helping folks tie dye their old underwear?... whipping the library into shape for the other prisoners? inventing new recipes for the cooks, sharpening up the vege garden, running a discussion group on Social issues...... puleeease!!! .....

And still it goes on. I've mowed the lawn and changed the tyres, and painted the laundry, and STILL THE DOCTOR IS DRONING ON.. Now they have made him take a break. Someone had to step in and close it down. The jury must be catatonic...

The Doctor has come back to the stand ,, revived by his break. He keeps measuring Ronald by his age of 34, but he has been in prison since he was 28, which puts his whole evidence into a somewhat dicey area.......

........red bars, blue bars , this percentile, that percentile, out of 2000 inmates this percentage etc..... 5 hours so far of this stuff, all of it about the actuarial percentage base rate of whether Ronald will jab someone in prison, and the risk measurement of that action.

What this whole 6 hour testimony is about, so far, is what are the chances of Ronald being a killer in prison. And as it turns out, well, not such a high percentage. About 2% , if these figures are manipulated credibly.

What it fails to address, is that any one that Ronald chooses to be annoyed by and meets Ronald head on, their chances rise to 100 % of getting a sample of Ronalds Rage. Possibly lethal.

Thought I would post this trial I'm watching now. Ronald Anthony Burgos Aviles had an affair with Grizelda - Dominic was their baby. He didn't want anything to do with Dominic, she was trying to get child support, so he killed both of them.

Stories

with abortion now illegal in Texas expect more homicides on the rise by men who do not want to pay child support.

Ronny all gangsta on the phone.... 'what'..? what? you got an attitude??.. wha for??...'.. (his wife ...) 'nothing.. nothing... ' ( only that you are in prison on a death penalty trial case of murder of your mistress and your son, apart from that, really, nothing at all. )

The phone calls are hard to take. Hard to understand any woman copping this kind of illmannered co ercive rubbish from anyone. The only conclusion can be is that she ( wife, mother and girlfriend ) needs the abuse, and he needs to dish it out. Perfect match.

Trauma Bonding. It's not that she likes the abuse but it's what she is used to.

A juror has been discharged and replaced by another juror.
Court going back into session with cross examination of Dr. Cunningham, witness from yesterday.

Defense requesting a mistrial mostly due to the media coverage response. Witnesses being harassed ….

Ronald is leaning forward on the table with his arms crossed for the first time seeming interested in what is actually going on

Judge said it’s not the 1960s …. In a much better way lol

I am taking that as a warning before I catch up...
Trial has become pitifully entangled in the weeds.
I thought it was disrespectful to the jury for the defence to keep Cunningham testifying, it could have been boiled down to 2 hours max. All it said in the end was, Ronald might, or might not be a danger in prison. Well..me to. I might be, also. Or not. Depends. There was not one mention of Grizelda or Dominic , either, it was all about Ronald's expectations, but who cares?

What I would have liked stats on, is this.

Taking a base number of men who have both wives and girlfriends, and like most people, tend to get tired running both operations, or get forced to make a decision, which one , on average, does the bloke murder, including any offspring, of either contender, (wife or extra) ?

What are the chances, in percentile , for either group?

Prisons are full of men ( my own included, it's almost a hobby here in AU ) who murder one or the other. What's the difference between , say, Chris Watts , who murders his expectant wife and two daughters, and Ronald, who murders his one time girlfriend and his child?? What were the factors in the choice of victim they made? Why was one a target, and not the other? And so on.

Anyways.....

with abortion now illegal in Texas expect more homicides on the rise by men who do not want to pay child support.
Surely , a totally foreseeable consequence....I suppose along with that edict, no extra schools being built? no professional childcare environments being instigated as a public service? ? ( going back to both Amy's and Grizelda's problems financially with child care ) .. no medical coverage for pregnancy or neonatal care? no nuthin, just get on with it and live in poverty?? No free vasectomy for blokes ? Or even legally forced vasectomies on unsuitable men?

I had wondered about Grizelda's situation in that regard, considering she had been down this road before, and probably hit the same roadblocks... and what young woman can suddenly access the cost of an interstate journey for abortion and all the peripheral expenses, accommodation, food, transport, etc.

I am taking that as a warning before I catch up...

I thought it was disrespectful to the jury for the defence to keep Cunningham testifying, it could have been boiled down to 2 hours max. All it said in the end was, Ronald might, or might not be a danger in prison. Well..me to. I might be, also. Or not. Depends. There was not one mention of Grizelda or Dominic , either, it was all about Ronald's expectations, but who cares?

What I would have liked stats on, is this.

Taking a base number of men who have both wives and girlfriends, and like most people, tend to get tired running both operations, or get forced to make a decision, which one , on average, does the bloke murder, including any offspring, of either contender, (wife or extra) ?

What are the chances, in percentile , for either group?

Prisons are full of men ( my own included, it's almost a hobby here in AU ) who murder one or the other. What's the difference between , say, Chris Watts , who murders his expectant wife and two daughters, and Ronald, who murders his one time girlfriend and his child?? What were the factors in the choice of victim they made? Why was one a target, and not the other? And so on.

Anyways.....
I so enjoy your posts

And still it goes on. I've mowed the lawn and changed the tyres, and painted the laundry, and STILL THE DOCTOR IS DRONING ON.. Now they have made him take a break. Someone had to step in and close it down. The jury must be catatonic...
I normally don’t skip over anything but I couldn’t take this testimony….. I’m sure the jury zoned out horribly…. Not a great witness honestly with how it was presented. His findings felt so drowned out

Appreciated the defense making it clear to the audience that the former correction officer testifying was not there of his choosing … you could tell the poor guy felt so uncomfortable

Not far into the cross examination of Dr Cunningham and the prosecution lady has already completely demolished Cunningham's premise. Her deconstruction is this...

On that April morning, Ronald, taking him at what he presents, he is very much a low risk person. Educated, fully employed, functioning, etc etc .

Yes, says Dr C..

Yet.. on that April morning, he , in a matter of minutes murdered a woman and his child. Correct?

Dr C.. well. yes, but if we'd known that he was contemplating this murder ( which he was, he tried it on with the syringe ) then he would have moved into high risk level..

But he had not advertised his plans, Dr C. you had no way of knowing his contemplations?? ( paraphrased)

Dr C....well.. thats.. uh.. correct.

( game set and match, really. .. Dr C can't get beyond that point, in that it requires Ronald's propensity to warn in advance of his murderous plans, which, on a balance of probabilities is 100 to 1 against )

I had to bail. Props to anyone who has the fortitude to sit thru that mess. I feel so bad for the jury.
Dr Cunningham is a far less adamant guy under cross examination , where he and the defence read monotonously off a prepared script, driving people to tears of crashing boredom, and a man having to hunt down unexpected answers.

But the bottom line is.. he has never spoken to Ronald. ALL of his stuff is stats and numbers, and no discarding those, they do have a place, but he is unable to measure or predict human responses .. so is everyone else, which is what makes us human. A real nuisance, but there it is.

I , too, have had to bail, I found myself sneakily pushing forward a bit, I can't take it !

I think the defence made a real adverse choice in putting up this witness, as a component of the 'special issues'' in regard to the death penalty. So bad it might be a factor in future appeals. Really, that bad. Cunningham is bogged down on promoting actuarial arithmetic to behaviour of men in prison, insurance on cars,, and drivers etc , then Ronald is a Corvair, a Pinto, an Edsel... he has a built in flaw that becomes obvious when functioning. He kills. He looks smooth, but he kills. His engine is misconstructed.

And lastly, Dr Cunninghams 'assessment'..his conclusions s to Ronalds capacity for violence relies almost totally on Ronald being candid. Now.. one thing that is plainly obvious in this trial is that Ronald and candid, truth telling, an authentic life is absent. Ronald lies like a log even when he doesn't need to. Lied to his wife, his workmates, his girlfriend, his children, his own attorneys, for sure. Ronald does not even understand candid as a process.

back laters.

It is a bitter exercise to reckon up the risk factor Grizelda took that morning. On the surface, it was very low risk. Broad daylight, clear weather, so unafraid she took her little son with her, to see his Daddy, and to discuss the inevitable consequence of unprotected sex and it's peripheral expenses. Which I took from her messages, that it was a matter of the amount, and not the actual process. Right up until the moment he produced the knife, and slashed her, 2 nanoseconds, was all she had to recalculate the awful tremendous lethal risk she took .

Dying, she would have seen her son hurled out of his stroller, and held with the knife at his throat, a risk no one in their right mind would ever factor in . No time at all for a low risk event to become a hideous murderous outcome. These are risk factors that have to happen to be believed.

And for Z, merrily sexting up with Ronald, while he waited for his target, never for a moment even considering the situation evolving. Never factoring in that her emails would be blazoned across the internet, and her being Amy's boss, a Federal employee, supposedly in a most dangerous job, yet they can skive off during working hours on this stuff.. What was her risk factor? 7 million to one. She could never have forseen it, on any graph or venn diagram.

And Ronald. The real risk taker. A man who factors in the risk, and does it anyway, obviously. This was not in the graphs of the good Dr Cunningham. Murders Grizelda, and Dominic, and then calls the Border Patrol on himself, watching himself play both parts, the perp and the discoverer. He actually expected to get away with it. No one seem more surprised than Ronald that they did not believe him!. outrageous.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb
Back